Last French terrorist dead . . .

KuDg669.jpg

Woman in raid didn't blow herself up...

Paris attacks: Woman 'was not suicide bomber' in raid
20 November 2015 - French officials say the cousin of the presumed ringleader of the Paris attacks did not blow herself up in Wednesday's police raid in the Saint-Denis suburb as previously thought.
It is now thought the suicide bomber was a man, not 26-year-old Hasna Ait Boulahcen, who also died in the raid. Her cousin, alleged ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud is also confirmed to have died in the raid. A third body was also found which is still being identified. Also on Friday, prosecutors said that a second suicide bomber from the Stade de France attack passed through Greece on his way to France.

Live updates

Prosecutors had previously said one of the other attackers had come on the same route, via the Greek island of Leros. The men may have been posing as Syrian refugees. Meanwhile, Belgian authorities announced that a suspect had been charged with involvement in the attacks, bringing the number of people charged there to three. France's Prime Minister Manuel Valls announced that the death toll from the attacks a week ago by suicide bombers and gunmen had risen to 130 people. Hundreds of people were wounded in the near-simultaneous attacks on Paris bars and restaurants, a concert hall and sports stadium.

_86785651_86785650.jpg

Hasna Aitboulahcen had been thought to have blown herself up during the raid​

Islamic State (IS) said it was behind the attacks - the worst in Europe since the 2004 Madrid bombings. Demonstrations have been banned under France's state of emergency, but dozens of French artists and cultural figures have urged people to make a lot of "noise and light", by turning on music and lights, at 21:20 (20:20 GMT) on Friday to mark the exact time a week ago that the attacks began. People have gathered at the sites of the attacks to commemorate the victims, as well as the Place de la Republique square, which is close to some of the bars and restaurants that were attacked and has become a focal point of remembrance.

In an exclusive interview with the BBC, a member of the police assault team involved in Wednesday's raid said Hasna Ait Boulahcen was "trying to say she was not linked to the terrorists, that she had nothing to do with them and wanted to surrender". But he said that due to prior intelligence, "we knew that she was trying to manipulate us". Prosecutors confirmed that both she and Abbaoud died in the seven-hour-long raid in the Rue Cormillon apartment on Wednesday morning. News that Abaaoud - a well-known face of IS and on international "most wanted" lists - and at least one of his accomplices may have travelled undetected from Syria before carrying out the attacks has raised fears about EU border security.

More on the Paris attacks

she might not have held he switch but she was wearing the vest, she was a cousin and she obviously was aware if what was in the apartment. Unless they find out she had been kidnapped, which so far there is no such indication and she was in propaganda picture smiling, she was still a participant in some way.

I read in the link provided that it might have been someone else in the apartment who blew themselves up and that she just might have been in the vicinity and was also blown to bits. I don't know how true that is though. I haven't heard anything about it not being her who was responsible on any of the news channels I've watched or anywhere else, but maybe I'm behind the loop or something.

I'm glad they are dead or arrested...............May have some BACON and EGGS to celebrate their passing this morning................

Forum List

Back