Las Vegas mayor who called Obama retarded continues hissy fit

It is an embarassment that the Mayor of las Vegas doesn't understand this statement

“When times are tough, you tighten your belts. You don’t go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don’t blow a bunch of cash in Vegas when you’re trying to save for college.”

I think it's a bigger embarrassment that the President doesn't just do his job and continues telling people how they should run their lives.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
What an idiot this guy is...I wonder if he broke down in tears?

LOL, good ole Oscar Goodman! :clap2:

Just an FYI he didn't throw anything even remotely resembling a "hissy fit" all he did was turn down an invite from the President saying that he preferred an apology for the Presidents ill advised remarks concerning Las Vegas (President Obama apologized to Harry Reid for the remarks but neglected to include anybody else in that apology as far as I know).

Personally I'm glad my Mayor did what he did since I (and many other Las Vegans) would have done the same thing.

I think it's a bigger embarrassment that the President doesn't just do his job and continues telling people how they should run their lives.

Marxists and Fascists tend to do that quite a lot

"We can't drive our SUVs and, you know, eat as much as we want and keep our homes on, you know, 72 degrees at all times, whether we're living in the desert or we're living in the tundra, and then just expect every other country is going to say OK, you know, you guys go ahead keep on using 25 percent of the world's energy, even though you only account for 3 percent of the population, and we'll be fine. Don't worry about us. That's not leadership." ~~ Barack Obama

Hmm..Let's dig deeper..Did he use the 'r-word' as satire? If so, It's all good in the hood.

All joking aside, I have no idea why he would be angry at the Presidents remark..He used a popular destination to prove a point. It doesn't take rocket science to see he wasn't just hitting on Vegas.

Hmm..Let's dig deeper..Did he use the 'r-word' as satire? If so, It's all good in the hood.

All joking aside, I have no idea why he would be angry at the Presidents remark..He used a popular destination to prove a point. It doesn't take rocket science to see he wasn't just hitting on Vegas.

But you see...we aren't talking about even the same zip code as rocket scientists. :eusa_whistle:

Well let's see, I wonder how New Yorkers would have reacted if he would have used their city as an example (twice) of where not to spend your money in hard times ..... something along the lines of say....

"When you're having hard financial times you don't blow your hard earned money going to Broadway shows in New York City" .......

Best thread and OP ever.

Textbook case of how to start a clear, meaningful discussion.

You should consider filing a patent
I was hoping Sarah Palin would weigh in with her fauxrage...or at least one of you all that expressed fauxrage on her behalf.

I'm sure if the Mayor said "Obama is retarded like palin's kid" she would be weighing in. :eusa_whistle:

I would agree that too big a deal has been made about the remark. It's an analogy, and the president isn't coming straight out and telling people to not go to Vegas, he's basically saying that it wouldn't be responsible to blow money on gambling when you've got a kid's future to pay for. Had Obama said "gambling" and not "Vegas" then this probably wouldn't even be news.

The fact that a statement like this is coming out of Obama's mouth is pretty funny, considering the record shattering deficit and all, but it shouldn't be a big deal to the city of Las Vegas. I've got no problem with the mayor turning down an offer to go bow to Obama either which shouldn't qualify as a "hissy fit" in anyone's world.

Last edited:
It is an embarassment that the Mayor of las Vegas doesn't understand this statement

“When times are tough, you tighten your belts. You don’t go buying a boat when you can barely pay your mortgage. You don’t blow a bunch of cash in Vegas when you’re trying to save for college.”
Do you think that anyone explained those two sentences to Mr. Obama after he said it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eswySKM9Y3s]YouTube - Hissy fit full version[/ame]

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo, you do know that those people who work in those hotels, restaurants, gambling and entertainment industry's in Vegas are not volunteers???? They do so to make a living, to pay their mortagages, keep a roof over their heads, put food on the table and clothes on their backs.

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

He did not call Obama a retard, he just stated he is a slow learner and he is.
No real difference. I imagine Trig is a slow learner as well, where's the outrage? Oh, right, it is only selective.

If the mayor said "Obama learns slow like Palin's Kid" I bet palin would be commenting about it. and again :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back