LaPalma cracked in half today!!

skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Following a significant earthquake at 12:30pm today.

Idk....doesn't look good to me.

I live near NYC....went in my basement awhile ago to look for my old boogie board.

received_1095874714549820.jpeg

Interested in Old Rocks opinion.....

i read a few news sources every day.....how come no one is reporting this?....this is a major story...
Because there are NO news sources! They do not report on anything in case you haven't been paying attention, they merely spread lies, disinformation, and propaganda, so you'd best warm up to that fact swiftly if you happen to reside along the eastern seaboard, if Palma drops and you live along the coast, you are dead meat!

Because there are NO news sources! They do not report on anything in case you haven't been paying attention, they merely spread lies, disinformation, and propaganda, so you'd best warm up to that fact swiftly if you happen to reside along the eastern seaboard, if Palma drops and you live along the coast, you are dead meat!
thousands of miles from there....we dont see much water were i am at....

Just imagine all the smug East Coasters and their attitude towards "flyover country" if La Cumbre Vieja decides to just fuck everybody up. Flyover country would still be here when the East Coast is.......what?

I live near NYC....went in my basement awhile ago to look for my old boogie board.

View attachment 573001

An image published yesterday, Sunday, December 5, by the Geological and Mining Institute of Spain (IGME) , showed a large crack in the main cone of the Cumbre Vieja volcano . The volcano, on the island of La Palma first erupted 79 days ago . It remains to be seen if the appearance of this opening in the highest reaches of the cone could possibly cause the cone to collapse.

Scientists constantly monitoring the volcano have yet to voice their thoughts on what caused this crack in the cone, or what its consequences could be. Parts of the cone have already collapsed during the eruption , which the scientists will verify is normal.

View attachment 573001

The amount of magma that has been ejected is massive. It is not uncommon for a caldera to collapse after a major ejection. The worry here is if it collapses and then blocks the outflow causing pressures to again build up or cause another explosive ejection. The tsunami that this will cause would be felt all over the world.

The amount of magma that has been ejected is massive. It is not uncommon for a caldera to collapse after a major ejection. The worry here is if it collapses and then blocks the outflow causing pressures to again build up or cause another explosive ejection. The tsunami that this will cause would be felt all over the world.
That volcano is basaltic. Such volcanos do not produce the caldera forming huge eruptions that silicic volcanoes do. The danger here would be a major portion of the island sliding into the sea and causing a tsunami.

Forum List

Back