Lake Democratic Party head removes Obama flag veterans termed 'desecration'

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
sheeesh..

SNIP:
By Ludmilla Lelis, Orlando Sentinel

6:08 p.m. EDT, March 13, 2012
TAVARES — A flag depicting an image of President Barack Obama was taken down from Lake County Democratic Party headquarters today after several veterans complained it was a "desecration."

A short confrontation at the Democratic office ended when party chairwoman Nancy Hurlbert took down the controversial flag, which had been flying under an American flag on the same flagpole.

"It's a cult of personality to show his face, like Stalin or Mao," said John Masterjohn, a former Marine and retired schoolteacher from Leesburg. "It's despicable. They don't realize how sick they are."

the rest with the picture of the flag at.
Obama flag: Veterans protest an Obama flag called 'desecration' at Lake County Democratic headquarters - OrlandoSentinel.com

I absolutely agree it is a desecration and the kind of thing only an ego-maniacal despot does -in the hopes the rest of the world is dumb enough to believe it shows how beloved he is by the masses. You don't do that in a representative republic.

Last edited:
For the left-mouse-click challenged:

flag-1.jpg

I absolutely agree it is a desecration and the kind of thing only an ego-maniacal despot does -in the hopes the rest of the world is dumb enough to believe it shows how beloved he is by the masses. You don't do that in a representative republic.

Yes, because I'm sure the President is sitting around designing these things.

It should have been removed. It's not appropriate in the least.

The idea that this is coming down from on high though is absurd. If you really want to hold the President accountable for this, then you've got to hold Republican leaders accountable for the vile racist stuff put out by county parties.

I'm glad it was brought down.

This isn't Iraq we don't want our president's face on everything. The flag is the last place his face belongs on anyway. It was desecration to say the least.

Yes, because I'm sure the President is sitting around designing these things.

the Prez may not have, but he has enough dumb sheep to do it for him

Forum List

Back