LA goingafter NFL team again - now that USC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
is under-the-knife and UCLA blows

Not a major league sports city without the NFL

Every few years the NFL and it's owners make a play to move a team to L.A. conveniently leaving out the fact that the majority of people in L.A. don't want a team.

San Diego makes a play because the NBA Clippers moved up there a while back. Minnesota makes a play because the Lakers moved to L.A. and the Vikes have the same Uniform colors as the Lakers do. Fuck the NFL. If they want a team in L.A. they can spend their own fuckin' money. Build a stadium and put a team there by themselves. Don't saddle the people of a broke ass state with more debt in bonds. Fuck the NFL.

"It's a huge market! We can't ignore the potential for ratings like that" Bullshit. When the Rams and Raiders were there we didn't get to see many games because they were hardly ever sold out and subject to NFL blackout rules.

And if the NFL really believed that shit about markets they would put ALL of it's teams in L.A. and New York and reap the windfall of profits right?

Actually, it would just mean that HALF the NFL games would be blacked out in L.A. every week that's what.

I like watchin' Football as much as anyone else but we can't fall for this NFL and team owners holding cities hostage for new stadium contracts leases that end up just fuckin' the locals with higher taxes and who may or may not even like football.

The NFL want's to move a team? Ok, put an additional tax on each NFL game ticket and Direct TV that shows the games.

Again, Fuck the NFL.

"It's a huge market! We can't ignore the potential for ratings like that" Bullshit. When the Rams and Raiders were there we didn't get to see many games because they were hardly ever sold out and subject to NFL blackout rules.
Well, to be fair, they were playing at the Mausoleum.

Pretty hard to fill up a 90,000+ seat venue in that neighborhood, no matter who is playing.

That said, the rest is pretty much on the mark.

Well, to be fair, they were playing at the Mausoleum.

Pretty hard to fill up a 90,000+ seat venue in that neighborhood, no matter who is playing.

That said, the rest is pretty much on the mark.
This is true but you forget that the Lambs played at Anaheim Stadium for while and were blacked out there as well before they bolted for St. Louie. I remember my dad and I going to a pre season Lambs game against the Cowbums in 78 or 79 at the Mausoleum. That's the perfect name for it to. It's a giant concrete box in the middle of shit town, downtown L.A. Watts and MLK street are nearby.

Remember The Raydehs wanted to build a stadium in that rock quarry next to that beer bottling place? (Miller? Pabst? I can't remember which) That old cadaver Al Davis just wanted too much money. Too much guaranteed money that is so L.A. told him to fuck off, and rightly so.

Oakland can keep em for all I care.

Last edited:
The Raiders. The Rams. The Chargers moved to Whales Vagina after one year. Not a good track record.

LA is like the second or third largest TV market, so you KNOW Goddell wants a team there. But I think the Coliseum is off the table.

Maybe a franchise could be successful in a 70K stadium. But FedEx Field like 90K capacity without getting blackouts... and that's for the 'skins! :lol:

I was reading an article about Jay Cutler's demeanor and his public personality about a week ago, and the writer said something to the effect:

In New York, they want to hate you
In Chicago, they want to love you
In LA, they don't care about you

Maybe he was on to something. :eusa_think:

That old cadaver Al Davis just wanted too much money.
AlDavis.png

Robot_64.jpg

You cannot be a major league city without an NFL franchise.

You still can if you dont have the NBA
But you have to have an NFL team.

LA has the population to support three NFL teams

It is an embarassment that they can't come up with the finances to support one

The Raiders. The Rams. The Chargers moved to Whales Vagina after one year. Not a good track record.

LA is like the second or third largest TV market, so you KNOW Goddell wants a team there. But I think the Coliseum is off the table.

Maybe a franchise could be successful in a 70K stadium. But FedEx Field like 90K capacity without getting blackouts... and that's for the 'skins! :lol:

I was reading an article about Jay Cutler's demeanor and his public personality about a week ago, and the writer said something to the effect:

In New York, they want to hate you
In Chicago, they want to love you
In LA, they don't care about you

Maybe he was on to something. :eusa_think:

nice....I think hes dead on.

Looks its LA, in LA Football is like any other event, in that, its an EVENT, theres no real die heard fan base to be had there and hasn't for decades.....whos left thats a fan, has the money to fork out and where with all to hang tough. The glitterati? forget it, It aint happen' bein at a losers game....

Must I spell it out for you? L.A. is majority Hispanic/Illegal Alien and they like Soccer not Football.
L.A. is broke and can't afford anything. If the NFL want's a team in L.A. they can pay for it themselves.

You'd make a good California elected official rightwinger, you look for ways to force your ideas on the populace whether they like it or not.

Must I spell it out for you? L.A. is majority Hispanic/Illegal Alien and they like Soccer not Football.
L.A. is broke and can't afford anything. If the NFL want's a team in L.A. they can pay for it themselves.

You'd make a good California elected official rightwinger, you look for ways to force your ideas on the populace whether they like it or not.

You think I give a shit?

LA lost the Rams for a reason. They suck as fans. I went to a Rams game in the early 90s and the fans did nothing the whole game. Most boring game I ever went to.

Financing does not mean government handout. There is plenty of private financing available in the LA area and a huge fan base....and no, it is not all hispanic

NFL does fine without LA, it is just an embarassment for the area that LA can't support a team and Green bay can

The most boring football game is more exciting than the most "thrilling" soccer game.

Never once seen an exciting soccer game. Ever.

They say soccer -bashers dont "understand" the sport.

I understand - blows.......................

This just happened yesterday.

Farmers Insurance Exchange to sponsor proposed L.A. NFL stadium - ESPN Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES -- If the NFL does return to a proposed stadium in downtown Los Angeles, the league's newest venue will be called Farmers Field.

Developer AEG and Farmers Insurance Exchange announced the naming rights deal Tuesday in advance of a news conference attended by local politicians, athletes and businessmen.

The announcement took place inside the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, a building AEG plans to demolish to build its proposed 64,000-seat retractable-roof stadium, which would connect to the current convention center.
Magic Johnson, who said he hopes to become a part owner in Los Angeles' NFL team...

Even with a naming rights deal in place, Leiweke and AEG still have several hurdles to clear before they can begin construction. The company must still pass an environmental impact review, complete the entitlement process and come to a long-term land lease agreement with the city. AEG is also asking the city to issue $350 million in bonds to help build a new extension to the convention center, which would replace West Hall, and additional parking units. Leiweke has said ticket-tax revenue will pay off the debt and AEG would write a check for any shortfalls.

I think it's just a matter of time before they get a team. It's going to be 25 miles from downtown, in the City of Industry.

Farmers Insurance Exchange to sponsor proposed L.A. NFL stadium - ESPN Los Angeles

LOS ANGELES -- If the NFL does return to a proposed stadium in downtown Los Angeles, the league's newest venue will be called Farmers Field.

Developer AEG and Farmers Insurance Exchange announced the naming rights deal Tuesday in advance of a news conference attended by local politicians, athletes and businessmen.

The announcement took place inside the West Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center, a building AEG plans to demolish to build its proposed 64,000-seat retractable-roof stadium, which would connect to the current convention center.
Magic Johnson, who said he hopes to become a part owner in Los Angeles' NFL team...

Even with a naming rights deal in place, Leiweke and AEG still have several hurdles to clear before they can begin construction. The company must still pass an environmental impact review, complete the entitlement process and come to a long-term land lease agreement with the city. AEG is also asking the city to issue $350 million in bonds to help build a new extension to the convention center, which would replace West Hall, and additional parking units. Leiweke has said ticket-tax revenue will pay off the debt and AEG would write a check for any shortfalls.

I think it's just a matter of time before they get a team. It's going to be 25 miles from downtown, in the City of Industry.

64,000 seats?

They will never get a Super Bowl

Not like Los Angeles has to apologize for their sports.

Have theUCLA basketball dynasty - and USC football.

Plus the Coasters (Lakers) and the Dodgers.

Throw in the Padres and Charges only 100 miles away.

Stole the Raiders -and tried to steal the Seattle Seahawks.

One common denominator -total lack of passion for their sports tesams.

64,000 seats?

They will never get a Super Bowl

Yeah. It really says something about their confidence in being able to draw attendance. The second-biggest metro area in the country, and you should be getting at least 10k more than that. The New Meadowlands is about 80K I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back