KissMy Cash to Everyone Stimulus Plan - Who's With Me?

I laughed at KissMy's statement about 1099 workers and small business owners suffering the most. Preposterous! I have been unemployed for 15 months. I am faced with losing my unemployment (more on this in a minute) and losing my house. I have been seeking work in my own field and getting no where. I have begun seeking work in any fashion but have been getting no where. I have contemplated starting my own business, but truthfully, in regards to what I do and the surrounding economic trends, I just don't see that as being feasible.

I own a home (well the bank owns it) and I believe my responsibility is to pay that debt off. I can't sell the house. I can't rent it. I can't find a job in Hillborough County (or its surrounding area) where they claim the unemployment rate is 12% but most of us know it is much higher than that. I am at my wits end. I have come to the realization that I will have to leave the area to find work and if I do that, then, I see no way to honor my debt to the bank.

I've been using my retirement just to meet my obligations and I have had to pay penalties just to honor those obligations!

I am frustrated to no end!

Right now, I don't give a shit about small business owners! I'm worried about ME! You want me to worry about small business owners? Screw that!

I'm giving up!

Unemployment? I've been lucky that it has lasted this long. Every payment I get helps a little. But, I realize that our government can't afford to keep spending as it does. Let them end it as they should! Which, despite the fact that I am more than likely going to be forced into bankruptcy is probably a good thing. I sure don't deserve to be receiving unemployment indefinitely. It should end and it should have ended a long time ago.

I realize that the likelihood of UE being extended again is diminishing now that Republicans are in charge and they have gotten their gift of the tax cuts extended. They have done a good thing for themselves. Who can blame them? But, damn it, they should not be asking me to thank them for it.

I don't know where I am going to turn. I'm getting pissed too! Screw both parties and what they have done to this great nation!

Do I sound bitter? I should as I am.

Oh and in reference to Kissmy's stimulus plan? Kiss my... pun intended. ;) We can't afford it!

Immie

Try a temp service.
The jobs suck, for the most part, pay isn't great, but it tends to be more than UI.

My wife lost her job ~ 3 weeks ago, she starts a new on Monday, threw a temp srvc.

Invest your savings in tar and pitchforks. An inside man told me those are about to bubble. :eusa_shhh:

I have tried temp services. The only thing I can figure is that I stink because, I can't get shit from any of them. Please excuse the French... but fuck 'em.

Immie

I laughed at KissMy's statement about 1099 workers and small business owners suffering the most. Preposterous! I have been unemployed for 15 months. I am faced with losing my unemployment (more on this in a minute) and losing my house. I have been seeking work in my own field and getting no where. I have begun seeking work in any fashion but have been getting no where. I have contemplated starting my own business, but truthfully, in regards to what I do and the surrounding economic trends, I just don't see that as being feasible.

I own a home (well the bank owns it) and I believe my responsibility is to pay that debt off. I can't sell the house. I can't rent it. I can't find a job in Hillborough County (or its surrounding area) where they claim the unemployment rate is 12% but most of us know it is much higher than that. I am at my wits end. I have come to the realization that I will have to leave the area to find work and if I do that, then, I see no way to honor my debt to the bank.

I've been using my retirement just to meet my obligations and I have had to pay penalties just to honor those obligations!

Right now, I don't give a shit about small business owners! I'm worried about ME! You want me to worry about small business owners? Screw that!

I'm giving up!

Unemployment? I've been lucky that it has lasted this long. Every payment I get helps a little. But, I realize that our government can't afford to keep spending as it does. Let them end it as they should! Which, despite the fact that I am more than likely going to be forced into bankruptcy is probably a good thing. I sure don't deserve to be receiving unemployment indefinitely. It should end and it should have ended a long time ago.

I realize that the likelihood of UE being extended again is diminishing now that Republicans are in charge and they have gotten their gift of the tax cuts extended. They have done a good thing for themselves. Who can blame them? But, damn it, they should not be asking me to thank them for it.

I don't know where I am going to turn. I'm getting pissed too! Screw both parties and what they have done to this great nation!

Oh and in reference to Kissmy's stimulus plan? Kiss my... pun intended. ;) We can't afford it!

Immie

Try a temp service.
The jobs suck, for the most part, pay isn't great, but it tends to be more than UI.

My wife lost her job ~ 3 weeks ago, she starts a new on Monday, threw a temp srvc.

Invest your savings in tar and pitchforks. An inside man told me those are about to bubble. :eusa_shhh:

I have tried temp services. The only thing I can figure is that I stink because, I can't get shit from any of them. Please excuse the French... but fuck 'em.

Immie

If this isn't any of my bees wax, feel free to tell me to fuck off.
just be nice about it :razz:

What's your field of work? and what are you going to them for?

menial warehouse work is common as well as office work and customer service [get a job as a csr, start drinking]

If you're an electrician, [as an example] looking for temp work in that feild, your sol.

Try a temp service.

Immie

If this isn't any of my bees wax, feel free to tell me to fuck off.
just be nice about it :razz:

What's your field of work? and what are you going to them for?

menial warehouse work is common as well as office work and customer service [get a job as a csr, start drinking]

If you're an electrician, [as an example] looking for temp work in that feild, your sol.

Fuc... hehe, just kidding.

I have been a bookkeeper/accountant/controller for small private corporations for 30 years. It is really all I know now. I have a bad back and don't believe I can survive working outside. I have zero mechanical ability.

CSR is not out of the question, but I think when someone reads my resume and sees my qualifications they think I am "over qualified" and won't be around long if I find something that fits my career. I'm seeking employment in grocery stores and finding the same thing.

I'm 50 years old next month. I'm bald on top with grey hair. To me, I look like I am closer to 60. Again, I'm running up against a brick wall because of my age.

Immie

I'm giving up!

Immie

WTF? Why are you being paid to sit on your ass while a small business owner must go to work every day & not make a dime. Many small business have lost money for 3 years now, but they owe the bank so if they close their doors they will loose everything. Also unemployed 1099 workers never got a dime of unemployment while you sit in your air-conditioned easy chair getting paid to watch TV & stuff your face.

My way you would get paid whether you work or not. So you don't have to stay unemployed to get paid. People could afford to work for less. It is like subsidizing work like Germany does & not pay people to not work. It would instantly get the economy moving again & jobs would be created right now. Tax revenue would increase.

Over the last 4 years we have deficit spent $5 Trillion & lost 14 million jobs. How's that working out for you?

My way would ease suffering & create jobs now!

I'm giving up!

Immie

WTF? Why are you being paid to sit on your ass while a small business owner must go to work every day & not make a dime. Many small business have lost money for 3 years now, but they owe the bank so if they close their doors they will loose everything. Also unemployed 1099 workers never got a dime of unemployment while you sit in your air-conditioned easy chair getting paid to watch TV & stuff your face.

My way you would get paid whether you work or not. So you don't have to stay unemployed to get paid. People could afford to work for less. It is like subsidizing work like Germany does & not pay people to not work. It would instantly get the economy moving again & jobs would be created right now. Tax revenue would increase.

Over the last 4 years we have deficit spent $5 Trillion & lost 14 million jobs. How's that working out for you?

Many, er most small businesses have been losing money a lot longer than that.

Your way would have the government fork out more money we don't have. But rest assured, I don't believe you are politicking for this. I believe you are showing liberal hypocrisy.

I should and would be out there working right now if I could find one person to hire me... truthfully, I would work for less than what I am getting from UE if I could just find the work.

My way you would get paid whether you work or not.

You think that is what I want? Guess again! I'd work as an A/P clerk if someone would hire me for that. I'd work as a greeter at Walmart if I could get hired for that job. The last thing in the world I want is to be paid for sitting home and doing nothing at all!

Immie

Last edited:

I'm giving up!

Immie

Your way would have the government fork out more money we don't have. But rest assured, I don't believe you are politicking for this. I believe you are showing liberal hypocrisy.

I should and would be out there working right now if I could find one person to hire me... truthfully, I would work for less than what I am getting from UE if I could just find the work.

You think that is what I want? Guess again! I'd work as an A/P clerk if someone would hire me for that. I'd work as a greeter at Walmart if I could get hired for that job. The last thing in the world I want is to be paid for sitting home and doing nothing at all!

Immie

I was just in your neck of the woods near Tampa, FL for 2 weeks around New Years. I helped my friend Jill move her business while I was there. Another friend Joe had a 5 bedroom house he was renting to 5 unemployed people so he could keep from losing it to the bank. Jill could not find people to help her move so I went to Joe's tenants who were on unemployment, food-stamps & welfare & asked them if they wanted to earn $10/hr by working for Jill for a few days to help her move her business.

Guess what they all said? NO Way! It would screw up their unemployment & benefits if they got a paycheck. So I went back to Jill & got her to agree to pay them $7.50/hr cash only & guess what? They all said YES! They even had friends that were willing to work for cash so Jill hired all 5 of them & 5 of their friends for $7.50/hr cash.

Bottom line is people won't work if they are being paid not to work.

Hey Immy, what about the IRS? Aren't they looking for people? Or a tax prep service like H&R Block. Hell, with the passage of Dodd-Frank there's gotta be increased demand for people in your line of work. Wishing you all the best bro.

Immie

I was just in your neck of the woods near Tampa, FL for 2 weeks around New Years. I helped my friend Jill move her business while I was there. Another friend Joe had a 5 bedroom house he was renting to 5 unemployed people so he could keep from losing it to the bank. Jill could not find people to help her move so I went to Joe's tenants who were on unemployment, food-stamps & welfare & asked them if they wanted to earn $10/hr by working for Jill for a few days to help her move her business.

Guess what they all said? NO Way! It would screw up their unemployment & benefits if they got a paycheck. So I went back to Jill & got her to agree to pay them $7.50/hr cash only & guess what? They all said YES! They even had friends that were willing to work for cash so Jill hired all 5 of them & 5 of their friends for $7.50/hr cash.

I would have done it and the part about the check/cash part is garbage.

First, she would not have put them on the payroll for temporary help. Second she would not even have had to send them a 1099 unless they earned over $600/year.

Third, they would only have had to have claimed the income if they were honest and finally, since they wanted cash, it is evident that they were not going to be honest.

I agree with the final statement you made:

Many won't... some just want to go back to work.

None of that changes anything in regards to your stimulus plan though.

Immie

Hey Immy, what about the IRS? Aren't they looking for people? Or a tax prep service like H&R Block. Hell, with the passage of Dodd-Frank there's gotta be increased demand for people in your line of work. Wishing you all the best bro.

I've applied with the IRS and never cracked the code just to get a frigging interview.

I also thought about H & R Block. The last time I checked... and it was before I became unemployed, they want you to pay $250 to take their tax course and then they do not guarantee to hire anyone at all.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Immie

Immie

No, that was not the bottom line at all. The bottom line was that they did not want to screw up their unemployment. Otherwise, they would not have worked for $7.50 an hour under the table.

I've applied with the IRS and never cracked the code just to get a frigging interview.

I also thought about H & R Block. The last time I checked... and it was before I became unemployed, they want you to pay $250 to take their tax course and then they do not guarantee to hire anyone at all.

Thanks for the best wishes.

Immie

Immie, there is one area in the nation that is hiring in a major way. The wages are good, and, since they are hiring a lot of people, they almost certainly need bean counters. When I was back there about a year and a half ago, I struck up a conversation with a fellow in the grocery store, and he asked if I had a trade. I said, Millwright, and he said he could have me working in four hours. Fortunately, I don't need a job, but they are still hiring the last I heard. The state I am speaking of is North Dakota.

Hard to consider pulling up roots, but it may be neccessary for you to do that. Many, many years ago, I was in a similiar position, and had to rent out my house to be able to keep it. Moved to an area that I could afford to live on unemployment for a couple of months, roofed a fellows house for three months rent, and, finally found a job back in the area where my house was located.

Forum List

Back