Kinda feel lost............

trobinett

Oct 25, 2004
Arkansas, The Ozarks
This WAS one of my favorite sites, no more.

Too much slamming going on.

I respect Gunny, I respect what the "powers to be" are trying to do here, but it ain't happening, period.

I'll continue to "drop by", but I find it a shame, that such a wonderful site has fallen into such disrepair.

maybe its just me, which of course is more than possible, but those that brought so much to the table, don't seem to be posting anymore.

Just a thought, whats yours?

I respect Gunny, I respect what the "powers to be" are trying to do here, but it ain't happening, period.

I'll continue to "drop by", but I find it a shame, that such a wonderful site has fallen into such disrepair.

maybe its just me, which of course is more than possible, but those that brought so much to the table, don't seem to be posting anymore.

I gotta ask... If you think there's too much BS going on here, have you BEEN on DP lately? I've gone there twice in 2 months, and all I see is fights between the same four users. This place is tame, and actually relatively polite in comparison.

I gotta ask... If you think there's too much BS going on here, have you BEEN on DP lately? I've gone there twice in 2 months, and all I see is fights between the same four users. This place is tame, and actually relatively polite in comparison.

So why don't you both work to change it, at both sites? I am of the opinion that if more people post civily, there will be more civil posting.

So why don't you both work to change it, at both sites? I am of the opinion that if more people post civily, there will be more civil posting.

I don't see anything to change, because I haven't really got a problem with either place.. I don't like the content at DP, so I simply don't call there anymore.

I don't think things are out of hand here, so I do still call here.

Maybe it's you?

:eusa_eh:

Could be, but I doubt it. I try my best not to engage in personal attacks on any board, and I think I succeed. But I do know what they're talking about, and I think I know who they mean. It can be a distraction if you let it.

Last edited:
Could be, but I doubt it. I try my best not to engage in personal attacks on any board, and I think I succeed. But I do know what they're talking about, and I think I know who they mean. I can be a distraction if you let it.
If you know of a board that doesn't engage in personal attacks, I'd love to see it. This place is really pretty mild, IMO.

If you know of a board that doesn't engage in personal attacks, I'd love to see it. This place is really pretty mild, IMO.

There is no such animal, at least not in the political realm. You're right, this board is rather mild in that respect.

There is no such animal, at least not in the political realm. You're right, this board is rather mild in that respect.

I find this place has some users who like sarcasm and wit to get their point across, instead of name calling and racist/sexist/vulgar remarks.

To me, it takes a form of intelligence to have wit, then just calling someone an "asshole" or such.

I find this place has some users who like sarcasm and wit to get their point across, instead of name calling and racist/sexist/vulgar remarks.

To me, it takes a form of intelligence to have wit, then just calling someone an "asshole" or such.

I tend to agree. I am of the opinion that if you result to name calling and personal insults, you've lost the argument.

I tend to agree. I am of the opinion that if you result to name calling and personal insults, you've lost the argument.

Either that, or you're really just a <insert random name of choice>. :eusa_angel:

(I wasn't referring to you)

Great discussions do often turn into tow or three man bitchfest. don't they? And often those bitchfests totally give up even the pretense of being on topic, and get plain old ugly.

I think you'll find the much the same on other boards.

This place is one of the best run political sites I've seen.

Anything that gets out of hand gets thrown into the flame zone. That pretty much takes care of the bullshit, no?

I am curious as to what you mean by "slamming"?

And what "ain't happening"?

And who specifically are "those that brought so much to the table"?

Lol. You just like to use sarcasm because you can make asinine comments, then pretend you didn't mean anything by them. It's the last stronghold of a hypocrite.

And there are some who are witty...but still not afraid to call a lemon a fucking citrus fruit.

Lol. You just like to use sarcasm because you can make asinine comments, then pretend you didn't mean anything by them. It's the last stronghold of a hypocrite.

And there are some who are witty...but still not afraid to call a lemon a fucking citrus fruit.

Only with you alliebubba, only with you......................

Forum List

Back