Killing The Goose

Steffuny... you are a stooge. Did you bother to do any independant research or thinking about this matter before blessing USMB with another of your cut and paste wonders?

Companies survive on customers and sales you nitwit. Hostess products are taking a grand swan dive in the market. You think the executives at Hostess are giving themselves 300% raises because of the grand success of this company?

The unions have already given back to the company twice in the last two years.

Hostess is dead. You are stupid. Two facts you need to be aware of.

You are the stooge
I'll take Thomas Sowell's word over YOURS

Really? Why? What do you know about him that leads you to believe he would give you an honest and unbiased opinion of the Hostess situation?

You should stick to coloring by the numbers cupcake.

I know him well enough, and I know we wouldn't ever get an unbiased or honest opinion FROM YOU
You should stick to blowing your gasket

Last edited:
I wonder how the STOOOPIDs like Stef, feel about Hostess buying their sugar from MEXICO instead of using sugar from United States' growers.

Anybody wanna bet they won't say a word?

Last edited:
You are the stooge
I'll take Thomas Sowell's word over YOURS

Really? Why? What do you know about him that leads you to believe he would give you an honest and unbiased opinion of the Hostess situation?

You should stick to coloring by the numbers cupcake.

I know him well enough, and I know we wouldn't ever get an unbiased or honest opinion FROM YOU

You are correct. I hate Hostess products.

Big Losses, Bigger Paychecks - The Daily Beast

Thoreau of Unqualified Offerings notes that as the firm headed into bankruptcy for the second time, Hostesss paid senior executives large amounts. Why does this happen? More to the point, why is so much of the outrage focused on the union whose strike pushed the firm into liquidation, rather than executives who paid themselves big bonuses while driving the company into the ground?

How much do you want to bet that, regardless of what else happens to the company and/or the multitude of Hostess brands, the executives of the company will walk away with a pile of money?

It happened some time ago. They took the money and run, leaving the line workers and the union to blame. I think they were reading the Willard Playbook for corporate management.

How much do you want to bet that, regardless of what else happens to the company and/or the multitude of Hostess brands, the executives of the company will walk away with a pile of money?

It happened some time ago. They took the money and run, leaving the line workers and the union to blame. I think they were reading the Willard Playbook for corporate management.

And to think that there was a time not so long ago that the executive's actions at Hostess would have landed them in prison.

The workers, the little guys, are the geese that lay the golden eggs for the corporations.

And the businesses provide warm dry place for the egg layers and pay them a salary to boot.

Here's a suggestion if you don't want a business to take your egg then build your own hen house with your own money, heat it, cool it, pay the electric bills and taxes out of your own fucking pocket and then you can keep your own eggs.

Well sorry but it looks like the greedy ass business got fucked over for messing with the geese.

Geese are pretty much fucked too, aren't they? But in your mind, the geese won.

Well sorry but it looks like the greedy ass business got fucked over for messing with the geese.

And now the geese have no place to lay their eggs and no salary while the business owners will sell off the assets of the company and retire.

Seems to me the geese fucked themselves.

So you look at this as a net positive then. I mean, you're obviously on the side of the business owners who are retiring and living comfortably.

And you already stated essentially that you don't give a shit about the workers... so those unemployed numbers shouldn't bother you. After all, they fucked themselves, right?

Hostess And Bakers Union Agree To Mediation To Prevent Shut Down (DETAILS) | Global Grind

According to Bankruptcy Judge Robert Drain, mediation is a better option to save the iconic Hostess brand, which produces Twinkies and Wonder Bread, rather than accommodating its original request to sell the company's assets and liquidate. The decision was made this afternoon at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in White Plains, N.Y. As a result, there is more hope of preventing over 18,000 workers from losing their jobs.

The union workers are going to get a lot of what they want, and a lot less shaft that they were being given. That's my hope certainly.

I doubt that the owners will agree to any mediation that increases their cost to do business. A judge can not order a business to operate at a loss.

Twinkies and all sugar packed foods are dying because America is waking up to the fact that sugar kills you. Twinkies is not the first and won't be the last. America is changing and becoming more educated.
P.S. If it weren't for unions we'd be doing the jobs that the 3rd world people are doing for 30 cents an hour.

Do the Twinkie workers belong to a different union than Coca-Cola workers?

Surely the Hostess truck drivers belong to the same Teamsters organization as Coke and Pepsi truck drivers.

Methinks there is more to the story than just union problems...

Last edited:
SOOOOOoooooo.....??????

Who here thinks the unions are asking for a 300% bigger slice of the Hostess cupake?

Let's say we give the top 5 executives a $1 million raise. If we had in stead have given that $5 million to the workers, they would be $270 richer. Woopie!

1. As EVERYONE now knows, it was sugar prices and their own failed business plan that brought them to this.

Actually, it was CORN prices, driven by the Obama ethanol mandates that caused the original price shocks. The cost of high fructose corn syrup quintupled overnight thanks to Obama.

2. Our obese and diabetic country will never let this garbage go where it should. Never fear, it will be right back at the 7/11 - just across from the Pepsi and cigarettes.

Chow down.

Sure, someone will buy the brands, but Hostess and the 18,000 union morons will be gone.

There are a lot of companies that have unionized Teamster truck drivers that are not going under.

Coors.

Coke.

Pepsi.

I smell a Single Cause Fallacy.

SOOOOOoooooo.....??????

Who here thinks the unions are asking for a 300% bigger slice of the Hostess cupake?

Who gives a fuck, you drug addled old fool. The union no-work rules destroyed the company. Anyone who has dealt with a union knows about the no-work rules. A truck driver must stand idle while a twinky loader loads the twinkies. Then the twinky loader stands idle as the ho-ho loader puts those in a separate truck, because the twinky driver can't take ho-hos even though they go to the same store - and on it goes.

SOOOOOoooooo.....??????

Who gives a fuck, you drug addled old fool. The union no-work rules destroyed the company. Anyone who has dealt with a union knows about the no-work rules. A truck driver must stand idle while a twinky loader loads the twinkies. Then the twinky loader stands idle as the ho-ho loader puts those in a separate truck, because the twinky driver can't take ho-hos even though they go to the same store - and on it goes.

You are so full of shit. Tell your nonsense to someone that never worked in a grocery store. Everything about your post is a bald faced lie. Go fuck yourself liar.

SOOOOOoooooo.....??????

You are so full of shit. Tell your nonsense to someone that never worked in a grocery store. Everything about your post is a bald faced lie. Go fuck yourself liar.

Nope, what I said is 100% true, and ANYONE who has dealt with a union knows it. No work rules are designed to force companies to hire more workers than needed.

Oh, how is Albertsons doing, Rev. Jim? How did the clerks union help?

{ Supermarket operator Supervalu’s share price plunged Thursday, a day after the company suspended its dividend, reported dismal first-quarter results and said it would review strategic alternatives. Supervalu, which owns Albertsons, Jewel-Osco and Save-A-Lot, fell to $2.61, then recovered to $2.69 by day’s end, a 49 percent drop.

The stock’s previous all-time low was $4.05, reached on June 11.

The company, which last month announced layoffs in Albertsons in California and Nevada, plans to accelerate price reductions and cut costs by an additional $250 million over the next two years It has retained Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Greenhill & Co. to review its options.

Supervalu, which is still in debt from its $12 billion purchase of Boise’s Albertsons Inc. chain in 2006, “could become the next casualty in the troubled supermarket space, as its fundamentals have finally begun to show real signs of distress after years of steady underperformance,” Edward Kelly, an analyst at Credit Suisse AG in New York, said Thursday in a note to investors. “Supervalu fundamentals may be beyond repair at this point.” }

Albertsons owner Supervalu's survival questioned; shares sink to all-time low | Idaho Economy | Idahostatesman.com

The unions killing Hostess will be small compared to Albertsons going down, which they will, soon. Three have closed by me, recently.

Forum List

Back