Keystone.....Who needs it?

Looks like Obama was right

Delayed for nearly a decade by protests and regulatory roadblocks, Keystone XL got the green light from President Donald Trump in March. But the pipeline’s operator, TransCanada Corp., is struggling to line up customers to ship crude from Canada to the U.S. Gulf Coast, say people familiar with the matter.

TransCanada has spent $3 billion to date on Keystone XL, much of it on steel pipe, land rights and lobbying. Completed, the pipeline would travel 1,700 miles from Alberta to Steele City, Neb., where it would link up with existing pipelines that run to the Gulf Coast.

The lack of interest has put the pipeline’s fate in jeopardy. The company, based in Calgary, Alberta, has said it wants enough customers to fill 90% of Keystone’s capacity before it proceeds. It started to aggressively court potential customers earlier this year as it seeks to meet that target, according to people familiar with the situation.

A New Problem for Keystone XL: Oil Companies Don't Want It

It should be up to the people that live in the area of the pipeline, those that don't even live here need to shut the fuck up on the subject.
A lot of people from other states that were bullied got involved because their property rights were trashed by energy companies. Others got involved because they are dealing with the pollution residues of pipelines throughout the country that were already past date and sold to companies that didn't upgrade them but stuffed their pockets instead.

True, property rights is the biggest problem… The dumbass tree hugging media would have you think different.

They made up fake deeds here to get the pipelines through.

Oh bull fucking shit asshole.
Lovely a person who calls someone else an asshole when they don't like the message that is truthful. Yes they made up deeds and they also made up deeds here to collect money off of federal programs. A little truth must be to hard for you to swallow but hey if you wish that is your choice to believe in lies.

It should be up to the people that live in the area of the pipeline, those that don't even live here need to shut the fuck up on the subject.
A lot of people from other states that were bullied got involved because their property rights were trashed by energy companies. Others got involved because they are dealing with the pollution residues of pipelines throughout the country that were already past date and sold to companies that didn't upgrade them but stuffed their pockets instead.

True, property rights is the biggest problem… The dumbass tree hugging media would have you think different.

Lovely a person who calls someone else an asshole when they don't like the message that is truthful. Yes they made up deeds and they also made up deeds here to collect money off of federal programs. A little truth must be to hard for you to swallow but hey if you wish that is your choice to believe in lies.

I didn't want to call you an asshole but that was my gut reaction and I will apologize for that. But TransCanada does everything absolutely by the book and have spent millions of dollars on legal fees.

Unless you can back up forged deeds what you are telling me is a lie. And collect money off of what Federal programs.

I didn't want to call you an asshole but that was my gut reaction and I will apologize for that. But TransCanada does everything absolutely by the book and have spent millions of dollars on legal fees.

Unless you can back up forged deeds what you are telling me is a lie. And collect money off of what Federal programs.

I spent years researching our property and court records here to find out why a bank would viciously go after a nobody like me. I can back up all of the claims for the bogus deeds that were making erroneous claims on the property I purchased in 1995 from a preacher. Wells Fargo claimed they did everything on the up and up to but the fact was they didn't and I even have an audio recording of the court case proving the certified court transcript was altered to cover the bank and the insurance companies who were covering up sabotage of my little mining enterprise. Why would someone go to that much trouble to take out a little ole nobody mom and pop operation? The property and its land patent that we owned was the key to it all and the pipeline that runs through the property along with the long term plans that excel energy's main guy had, who by the way was the accounting ceo at Wells Fargo and owned he was listed as the owner to the company that parts were purchased from to install in machinery that was sent from the factory designed to fail. You are free to think whatever you like but I can assure you I won't make an outright claim I cannot back up without having the proof in hand.

Now with that all said, again I believe that pipelines are needed. Do I think the whole company is a bunch of crooks, I really have no clue but I do know that David Christensen the former accounting ceo for Wells Fargo did tie in to the mix pretty heavy there and he quit and the bank went after me and even my husband who was not a part of my corporate loan for the mine operation with an absolute vengeance for what they did.

Spending legal fees can really mean you have hired legal hit squads who know who to payoff.

Federal Crop Reduction Program - Handled through the Department of Agriculture at the federal level and administered through county extension offices at the state level. The time that I asked about it while doing research on my land I was told "Any deed will do. We do not research deeds or perform abstracts. You have to check that at the courthouse".

Last edited:

Delayed for nearly a decade by protests and regulatory roadblocks, Keystone XL got the green light from President Donald Trump in March. But the pipeline’s operator, TransCanada Corp., is struggling to line up customers to ship crude from Canada to the U.S. Gulf Coast, say people familiar with the matter.

TransCanada has spent $3 billion to date on Keystone XL, much of it on steel pipe, land rights and lobbying. Completed, the pipeline would travel 1,700 miles from Alberta to Steele City, Neb., where it would link up with existing pipelines that run to the Gulf Coast.

The lack of interest has put the pipeline’s fate in jeopardy. The company, based in Calgary, Alberta, has said it wants enough customers to fill 90% of Keystone’s capacity before it proceeds. It started to aggressively court potential customers earlier this year as it seeks to meet that target, according to people familiar with the situation.

So the dear leaders dithering has cost more American jobs and you pretend that is a good thing. How does it feel to be a total unAmerican asshole?

Oil prices are still way down and the market to jump on the Keystone Pipeline has pretty well dried up

That is a lot of money to invest in a "maybe we will need it later" project

Yet the left coasts still rely on foreign oil why is that RW do you know?

I do...

Try me....

:)

I spent years researching our property and court records here to find out why a bank would viciously go after a nobody like me. I can back up all of the claims for the bogus deeds that were making erroneous claims on the property I purchased in 1995 from a preacher. Wells Fargo claimed they did everything on the up and up to but the fact was they didn't and I even have an audio recording of the court case proving the certified court transcript was altered to cover the bank and the insurance companies who were covering up sabotage of my little mining enterprise. Why would someone go to that much trouble to take out a little ole nobody mom and pop operation? The property and its land patent that we owned was the key to it all and the pipeline that runs through the property along with the long term plans that excel energy's main guy had, who by the way was the accounting ceo at Wells Fargo and owned he was listed as the owner to the company that parts were purchased from to install in machinery that was sent from the factory designed to fail. You are free to think whatever you like but I can assure you I won't make an outright claim I cannot back up without having the proof in hand.

Now with that all said, again I believe that pipelines are needed. Do I think the whole company is a bunch of crooks, I really have no clue but I do know that David Christensen the former accounting ceo for Wells Fargo did tie in to the mix pretty heavy there and he quit and the bank went after me and even my husband who was not a part of my corporate loan for the mine operation with an absolute vengeance for what they did.

Spending legal fees can really mean you have hired legal hit squads who know who to payoff.

Federal Crop Reduction Program - Handled through the Department of Agriculture at the federal level and administered through county extension offices at the state level. The time that I asked about it while doing research on my land I was told "Any deed will do. We do not research deeds or perform abstracts. You have to check that at the courthouse".

Whoa geeze! That's unreal. From what I have read Wells Fargo had become a sleazy operation. As far as I know and I've just double checked TransCanada is financed by the 4 largest banks in Canada and Wells Fargo was only a shareholder. I'm so sorry for what happened to you.

Unfortunately a company cannot pick and choose who owns shares in it.

Just an FYI I'm a mega conservationist specializing in fighting for water conservation. Have been for years. So with the choice between rail vs pipeline it's all a matter of degrees of safety why I choose pipeline.

What terrifies the hell out of me is the rail to barges going down the Mississippi. One barge accident and aye carumba the disaster that would occur would be monumental.

I wish pipeline protestors would realize that they are forcing shipments to go to rail to barge and if anything they are the ones that will be responsible for a mega enviro disaster. They will own it if a barge goes down.

Check this out

With production on the rise, oil-by-barge traffic sets off greater safety concerns
Athabasca on the Mississippi

004_mississippi_story001.jpg

Up to five times a week, a train 100 cars long and brimming with heavy oil slows to a halt in the yard of Gateway Terminals, a rail-to-barge transfer station located on the edge of the Mississippi River in St. Louis, Missouri. Each train can carry up to 60,000 barrels of the viscous product, which needs to be heated before it is piped into one of four 98,000-barrel storage tanks located on site. From there the oil is loaded into the shallow hauls of river barges, each destined for heavy oil refineries in Texas and Louisiana. In a good week, the terminal can transfer 350,000 barrels of oil into the slow-moving, flat-bottomed vessels.

It’s a fairly straightforward business. The throughput at Gateway Terminals, in terms of volume, hasn’t changed much in six years of operation. But there has been one subtle adjustment. Up until mid-2013, the company transferred ethanol onto barges, but the terminal has since been converted to accept a more lucrative commodity: oil sands bitumen.

“We are targeting the Canadian barrel. That’s the business that we’re looking at,” says Marshall Bockman, the vice-president of Gateway Terminals LLC, the operator of the terminal. On March 24, 2014, the company announced it had sent out its second-ever barge shipment of bitumen since converting from ethanol to heavy crude. Gateway, says Bockman, is now purchasing a fifth 98,000-barrel tank to expand its storage capacity.

Similar Development is taking place elsewhere. Tesoro Corp., a refiner, is building a $100-million rail-to-barge terminal in Vancouver, Washington, to supply Canadian oil to refining facilities along the U.S. west coast. Valero Corp., a company that owns and operates 16 oil refineries, can shuttle 35,000 barrels per day (bpd) down the Mississippi from a terminal in Hartford, Illinois, to facilities on the Gulf Coast, though it has been tight-lipped about precise volumes of its day-to-day shipments.

More at link:

With production on the rise, oil-by-barge traffic sets off greater safety concerns - Alberta Oil Magazine

/----- Geee more unnamed sources. Who can question that?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

The US gets nothing ... BUT trump has stock in the company doing the work.

But, no conflict of interest, right?

Forum List

Back