Kerry's homemade Vietnam film not actual footage

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilcountriegal, Jul 29, 2004.

1. lilcountriegal

lilcountriegal Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    KERRY FILM DIRECTOR: THE BULLETS IN THE WATER WERE NOT FROM THE ACTUAL EVENT

The official convention video introducing John Kerry tonight, directed by Steven Spielberg protégé James Moll, incorporates homemade film footage shot by Kerry in Vietnam.

“I would have used archival footage,” Moll tells the NEW YORK OBSERVER's Joe Hagan, “but it was a pleasant surprise that he had taken his own footage while in Vietnam.”

"When Army Green Beret Jim Rassman is talking about how John Kerry saved his life,” he said, “I’m using some of that footage. It shows the swift boat and various shots of the swift boat, and some firing like you see in the water. Bullets in the water.”

Entering controversy, director Moll explains how the bullets in the water were not from the actual event.

“It’s just illustrative.”

Moll mixes in the homemade Kerry film with stirring strings and a french horn soundtrack.

Moll is said to manipulate the speed of some of the film.

One moving scene shows Kerry in slow motion, in full gear, walking with his gun through the paddies.

Kerry's homemade films are at the center of a growing controversy in Boston.

A new bombshell book written by the man who took over John Kerry's Swift Boat charges: Kerry reenacted combat scenes for film while in Vietnam! "Kerry carried a home movie camera to record his exploits for later viewing," charges a naval officer in the upcoming book UNFIT FOR COMMAND.

"Kerry would revisit ambush locations for reenacting combat scenes where he would portray the hero, catching it all on film. Kerry would take movies of himself walking around in combat gear, sometimes dressed as an infantryman walking resolutely through the terrain. He even filmed mock interviews of himself narrating his exploits. A joke circulated among Swiftees was that Kerry left Vietnam early not because he received three Purple Hearts, but because he had recorded enough film of himself to take home for his planned political campaigns."

[​IMG] http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc81.htm
    Developing...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Good lord! This just gets weirder and weirder! Please Lord! Do not let this man win!

3. lilcountriegal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Its like a B comedy anymore listening to these stories. Not only did this guy take a video camera into a war zone to document his service, he revisited sites acting out ambushes and conducted mock interviews of himself (LOL!!!!).

Prozac anyone?

4. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't get it. He went to Vietnam to make a movie of himself because 35 years later he wanted to use the footage to become President? Seems far fetched to me. And, anyway, there is no disputing his valor, bravery, and service to his country. Even if this is true, and it's Drudge so I doubt it, it would sure take a ton of balls to risk your life for this far-fetched plan. Don't you think?

If Bush was as smart, he would have home video of himself doing Alabama Guard duty.

5. lilcountriegal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    You lefties always need to spin everything back onto Bush's guard duty to take the heat off yourself. it really is getting old. :rolleyes:

As far as Kerry... even the director has admitted to dubbing parts of the film to make it look better (the bullets in the water). I agree that Drudge is somewhat biased, but its not so much teh content of the report as to the idea behind it. Kerry did, in fact, take a video camera and record himself re-enacting ambushes, etc. He is the one who put it on film. The most obvious reason is for a political agenda. He was well into politics (see his connections with the Kennedy's) well before he went to Vietnam. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what he was up to.

6. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    So he went to Vietnam, risking his life in VERY dangerous duty, to somehow further his political agenda? Listen to yourself. There was a decent chance he would have died in Vietnam. That's not a smart move if you have a political agenda especially when the last two Presidents avoided service in Vietnam and still got elected. Don't you think?

7. lilcountriegal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    No where did I say that he went to Vietnam for the reason of furthering his political agenda. I said that is what he did when he got there. That's two completely different things.

When in Rome...

8. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I'm siding with the righties on this one. this footage had political intent from the get go. everyone went to vietnam with two things on their mind, either surviving or becoming a hero to use it for gain back home. you went with a weapon to survive, you went with a camera to become a hero.

9. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Kerry knew exactly what he was doing. Yes, he risked his life, but only for a few (four?) months. WOW. Compare that to people like my uncle that had 511 COMBAT DAYS during WWII. Yeah, sure. Kerry is a hero!
    :bsflag:

Kerry knew the rules and he played em to the max. I spent as much time in a combat zone as Kerry. Maybe I outta run for president!

10. lilcountriegal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +59
    yeah... but does your Uncle have THREE purple hearts??????? ;)