Kerry's homemade Vietnam film not actual footage

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
KERRY FILM DIRECTOR: THE BULLETS IN THE WATER WERE NOT FROM THE ACTUAL EVENT

The official convention video introducing John Kerry tonight, directed by Steven Spielberg protégé James Moll, incorporates homemade film footage shot by Kerry in Vietnam.

“I would have used archival footage,” Moll tells the NEW YORK OBSERVER's Joe Hagan, “but it was a pleasant surprise that he had taken his own footage while in Vietnam.”

"When Army Green Beret Jim Rassman is talking about how John Kerry saved his life,” he said, “I’m using some of that footage. It shows the swift boat and various shots of the swift boat, and some firing like you see in the water. Bullets in the water.”

Entering controversy, director Moll explains how the bullets in the water were not from the actual event.

“It’s just illustrative.”

Moll mixes in the homemade Kerry film with stirring strings and a french horn soundtrack.

Moll is said to manipulate the speed of some of the film.

One moving scene shows Kerry in slow motion, in full gear, walking with his gun through the paddies.

Kerry's homemade films are at the center of a growing controversy in Boston.

A new bombshell book written by the man who took over John Kerry's Swift Boat charges: Kerry reenacted combat scenes for film while in Vietnam! "Kerry carried a home movie camera to record his exploits for later viewing," charges a naval officer in the upcoming book UNFIT FOR COMMAND.

"Kerry would revisit ambush locations for reenacting combat scenes where he would portray the hero, catching it all on film. Kerry would take movies of himself walking around in combat gear, sometimes dressed as an infantryman walking resolutely through the terrain. He even filmed mock interviews of himself narrating his exploits. A joke circulated among Swiftees was that Kerry left Vietnam early not because he received three Purple Hearts, but because he had recorded enough film of himself to take home for his planned political campaigns."

04.jpg
http://www.drudgereport.com/dnc81.htm
Developing...

Good lord! This just gets weirder and weirder! Please Lord! Do not let this man win!

Its like a B comedy anymore listening to these stories. Not only did this guy take a video camera into a war zone to document his service, he revisited sites acting out ambushes and conducted mock interviews of himself (LOL!!!!).

Prozac anyone?

I don't get it. He went to Vietnam to make a movie of himself because 35 years later he wanted to use the footage to become President? Seems far fetched to me. And, anyway, there is no disputing his valor, bravery, and service to his country. Even if this is true, and it's Drudge so I doubt it, it would sure take a ton of balls to risk your life for this far-fetched plan. Don't you think?

If Bush was as smart, he would have home video of himself doing Alabama Guard duty.

TheOne said:
I don't get it. He went to Vietnam to make a movie of himself because 35 years later he wanted to use the footage to become President? Seems far fetched to me. And, anyway, there is no disputing his valor, bravery, and service to his country. Even if this is true, and it's Drudge so I doubt it, it would sure take a ton of balls to risk your life for this far-fetched plan. Don't you think?

If Bush was as smart, he would have home video of himself doing Alabama Guard duty.

You lefties always need to spin everything back onto Bush's guard duty to take the heat off yourself. it really is getting old. :rolleyes:

As far as Kerry... even the director has admitted to dubbing parts of the film to make it look better (the bullets in the water). I agree that Drudge is somewhat biased, but its not so much teh content of the report as to the idea behind it. Kerry did, in fact, take a video camera and record himself re-enacting ambushes, etc. He is the one who put it on film. The most obvious reason is for a political agenda. He was well into politics (see his connections with the Kennedy's) well before he went to Vietnam. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what he was up to.

So he went to Vietnam, risking his life in VERY dangerous duty, to somehow further his political agenda? Listen to yourself. There was a decent chance he would have died in Vietnam. That's not a smart move if you have a political agenda especially when the last two Presidents avoided service in Vietnam and still got elected. Don't you think?

TheOne said:
So he went to Vietnam, risking his life in VERY dangerous duty, to somehow further his political agenda? Listen to yourself. There was a decent chance he would have died in Vietnam. That's not a smart move if you have a political agenda especially when the last two Presidents avoided service in Vietnam and still got elected. Don't you think?

No where did I say that he went to Vietnam for the reason of furthering his political agenda. I said that is what he did when he got there. That's two completely different things.

When in Rome...

I'm siding with the righties on this one. this footage had political intent from the get go. everyone went to vietnam with two things on their mind, either surviving or becoming a hero to use it for gain back home. you went with a weapon to survive, you went with a camera to become a hero.

TheOne said:

Kerry knew exactly what he was doing. Yes, he risked his life, but only for a few (four?) months. WOW. Compare that to people like my uncle that had 511 COMBAT DAYS during WWII. Yeah, sure. Kerry is a hero!
:bsflag:

Kerry knew the rules and he played em to the max. I spent as much time in a combat zone as Kerry. Maybe I outta run for president!

lilcountriegal said:
yeah... but does your Uncle have THREE purple hearts??????? ;)

You know, he doesn't. He has a bronze star for clearing an enemy minefield while under fire. He was injured twice, but turned down his purple hearts cuz he believed that his injuries were too minor to warrant one.

I have another uncle from WWII that died last week (GRHS). During WWII he was a tail-gunner in a bomber. On his last mission the plane made it back but crashed on landing. He was the only survivor. He broke his back in the crash and never once applied for VA benefits. He believed it was his "duty" to serve his country and he wanted the benefits to go to those that had lost limbs, etc.

Kudos to your uncles Free!! Stories like that makes me even sicker to hear people like John Kerry politicizing a war in which many honorable people lost their lives.

lilcountriegal said:
Kudos to your uncles Free!! Stories like that makes me even sicker to hear people like John Kerry politicizing a war in which many honorable people lost their lives.

Thanks. Out of 10 uncles that served in WWII we have one remaining and he is 85. It is sad to see such an honorable generation leave this earth.

It's really sickening to see you people denegrate a guy who risked his life for your country. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Kerry chose to serve his country and he faced death in YOUR country's name. Are you so bitterly partisan that you need to cast aspersions on that service? It really is unbelievable to me. I can see you attacking Kerry on other things, but I think most Americans and most swing voters will make you pay for launching these tyoe attacks in November.

lilcountriegal said:
Question: Do you think this footage will come back to bite him in the ass?

Kerry? Yes and no. Frankly, those that hate Bush are going to vote for Kerry anyway. No matter what. The reason why I don't think "this" will come back to bite him in the but is this:

I truly believe that Bush is going to win and win by a fair margin. In my opinion, too many things have already bitten JK in the butt and I feel most Americans will look at this and then just ask themselves a simple question:

"Am we surprised?".

I think most people actually already know who JK is despite what the media might portray and I am confident he is not going to win.

freeandfun1 said:
Kerry knew exactly what he was doing. Yes, he risked his life, but only for a few (four?) months. WOW. Compare that to people like my uncle that had 511 COMBAT DAYS during WWII. Yeah, sure. Kerry is a hero!
:bsflag:

Kerry knew the rules and he played em to the max. I spent as much time in a combat zone as Kerry. Maybe I outta run for president!

That's the thing that really chaps me. I had a cousin that was in the jungle while that bastard John Kerry was back over here, sucking on his silver spoon and trashing the men that were still there. I'm getting so sick of this being the Democrats answer to EVERYTHING! It doesn't matter if they are asked about war, the economy, or their favorite flavor of ice cream, they work in the words John Kerry and Vietnam.

In fact, if you partake, I have a drinking game you can try tonight I call Demoshots. Everytime there is some reference to Kerry and Vietnam, take a drink. If tonight is anything like last night, you might want to hand someone your keys.

the toughest of duties... He won three purple hearts, a silver star, and a bronze star.... A good, albeit brief, four months tour of duty in Vietnam..... But the filming of your exploits is kinda weird.. Guess he saw PT-109, figured he do the JFK bit, and wanted to play his own part rather than have some Cliff Robertson type play him...... I've been to the swift boat vets site....http://www.swiftvets.com/ and those guys don't think much of the fellow.....Heard a quote from someone notable (name escapes me) that was ahead of him in college.. Said the guy was "an arrogant, social-climbing, jerk".....I don't think that's a complement....
I think eventually, probably during the debates, we'll see what manner of person Sen. Kerry is....No way to hide his true personality forever.....What am I saying? Clinton still fools most folks........dangit!!!

TheOne said:
It's really sickening to see you people denegrate a guy who risked his life for your country. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Kerry chose to serve his country and he faced death in YOUR country's name. Are you so bitterly partisan that you need to cast aspersions on that service? It really is unbelievable to me. I can see you attacking Kerry on other things, but I think most Americans and most swing voters will make you pay for launching these tyoe attacks in November.

Before you get too indignant, you may want to consider the fact that some of us on this board were also in RVN. I was there for two years (not consecutive), so you'll excuuuuuse me if I'm not too impressed by mister "Send Me (home)" kerry. Whatever risks kerry took were not for this country, they were for kerry. Like the Kennedys in WWII he enlisted primarily to further his political ambitions. Unlike the Kennedys, he wasn't there for the duration. He put himself in for three spurious Purple Hearts and hauled ass. The fact that he was playing Cecil B. Demille simply proves my assertion that kerry's Viet Nam participation was nothing but window dressing to fool the suckers into thinking he had actually done something.

Read the evaluation of his commander who calls kerry "self-involved", "arrogant", "a loose cannon" and "unfit to command" among other things.

So we have not degenerated at all. Unlike you, we're just not willing to let some gigolo blow smoke up our butts with his cheap theatrics.

Kerry's participation in Viet Nam makes him neither a patriot nor a soldier. Like they say in my part of the country "just 'cause you put kittens in the oven to warm 'em up don't make 'em biscuits."

TheOne said:

:slap:
You know people like you really piss me off! My father (Gaffer) served in Vietnam for a year. He was in the 196th Brigade they were in the Central Highlands. My father was a tunnel rat and yes he got blown out of holes. He was also a point man, which if you do not know what that is, that is the man who goes out ahead of the squad to locate the enemy. They were also Recon. He did not volunteer he was drafted but he went and proudly served his country so morons like you can run your mouth! Did he get any purple hearts? no! He didn't feel the need to run and put in for a purple heart every time he got a scratch from war. Actually he got treated like SHIT when he returned from his duty. Hell all you needed was three to get sent home. He knew what he was doing. So as far as I'm concerned War hero Kerry is not! My father and all the other vets who honorably served their country most definitly are!!!

Forum List

Back