Kerry speaks again...

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Thursday, December 8, 2005 4:44 PM

Kerry: Reduce U.S. force in Iraq by 100,000 by end of next year

(New York - AP) — Senator John Kerry says US needs to reduce its forces in Iraq by at least 100,000 by the end of 2006.

He says such a move will send a message to the Middle East that Americans aren't interested in maintaining a permanent military presence in that country.

In a speech before the Council on Foreign Relations, Kerry said the goal should be to have a force of 30-to-40,000 in Iraq by the end of next year.

However, he said any troop withdrawal should be linked to a timetable set by what he calls "a series of benchmarks of accomplishment."

In a speech sometimes reminiscent of his 2004 run for the White House, Kerry focused most of his criticism at the Bush administration.

http://www.wrgb.com/news/regional/regional.asp?selection=article_44375

what Kerry has to say...he was a lousy Lt. during the VN conflict and is a lousy politician today...self serving as is Hillary 'kiss my ass' Clinton! :firing:

However, he said any troop withdrawal should be linked to a timetable set by what he calls "a series of benchmarks of accomplishment."
How can we "accomplish" anything if we're losing? I thought that's why he and his ilk want to pull out.

BATMAN said:
How can we "accomplish" anything if we're losing? I thought that's why he and his ilk want to pull out.

exellent point.

I think also, those polled in the ME have not shown a belief that the US forces are there to stay.

Who ever wants US forces out should support killing those who are preventing it, TERRORISTS.

BATMAN said:

Well, we're not losing until we do pull out. The only way to lose this war is by leaving early. There is no other way we could actually pull a defeat out of this. So, until we begin to pullout we are not properly losing like Kerry expects us to.

Kerry has put his foot in his mouth so many times that he ought to be brushing his teeth with Desenex Athlete's Foot Cream.

Forum List

Back