Kerry goes public with military record

Dec 3, 2003
Fayetteville
I knew this was a dead end from the start
------------------------------------

Boston, MA, Apr. 21 (UPI) -- U.S. Democratic presidential contender Sen. John Kerry posted his military records on his campaign Web site.

Michael Meehan, a senior Kerry advisor, said the wholesale release of some 150 pages on the Internet was being done to silence Kerry's critics.

"We want to make it very clear that Sen. Kerry has nothing to hide, that his record of accomplishment in the military is something he is running on and not running from," Meehan said told the Los Angeles Times.

Asked Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press" whether he would release all of his military records, Kerry said: "I have. I've shown them."

But Tuesday, Republicans said the records so far released were incomplete.

Kerry served two tours of duty between 1966 and 1970, and was awarded a Silver Star, Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts.

During the Vietnam War, President George Bush served in the Texas Air National Guard, but did not see combat.

------------------

Asking for Kerry's military records was as ridiculous as asking for Bush's military records.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew

Asking for Kerry's military records was as ridiculous as asking for Bush's military records.

I agree. Im not going to vote for a person based on there military record. George Bush has never seen combat but has shown himself to be a capable Wartime president. Kerry has served his country in battle, and his plans to defend the country as its leader frighten me.

I'm basing my opinions on what ideas the person has for defeating terrorism, what they plan on doing at home to stop the flow of incoming illegals and whether or not i can keep more of the money I earn.

Bush 2/3

Kerry 0/3

Forum List

Back