Kerry, Bush start debate Preparation

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 22, 2004
Minnesota
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p_on_el_pr/kerry_bush_debate&cid=694&ncid=716

Some interesting statements in this:

In Washington, Democratic National Committee (news - web sites) Chairman Terry McAuliff called Bush a "great debater," but said the president wins match-ups on "style not substance."

Apparently the President is a great debater now. is it me or does it seem like they are starting to make excuses for Kerry. For months its been Kerry will rip Bush a new one. I dont see it happening though.

At podiums set up in a conference area of the ranch, Bush practiced a couple hours Saturday and then another two hours Sunday morning. Sen. Judd Gregg (news, bio, voting record), R-N.H., played Kerry. Mark McKinnon, media adviser for the Bush-Cheney campaign, was the moderator.

"Obviously, President Bush has had to practice twice as hard to learn all the different positions that John Kerry has taken on the big issues of the day," Bartlett said. "But he's ready to hold his own."

I rather liked that quote.

The Kerry campaign said Sunday it erred when answering a questionnaire for Outdoor Life magazine and said that the Massachusetts senator counts a "Communist Chinese assault rifle" as a favorite gun.

The gun is actually an inoperable single bolt rifle, not an assault weapon, said spokesman David Wade. "The Kerry campaign should have described it as an old military rifle," he said.

i had to laugh at this one. the campaign said one of Kerry's favorate guns was a Communist Chinese assault rifle. haha got to love it.

truthfully, both of them have probably been practicing alot for these debates. Ultimately i dont think they'll solve anything for the bases. Kerry's supporters will try to spin it as a big Kerry win no matter what happens and Bush supporters will do the same. Politics continue.

Apparently the President is a great debater now. is it me or does it seem like they are starting to make excuses for Kerry. For months its been Kerry will rip Bush a new one. I dont see it happening though.

Its kind of like saying 'that football team is very good. they're undefeated. but we're still gonna beat 'em'. Show respect where its due, and have confidence in your ability to beat them-- the president has never lost a debate, so its justified to call him a great debater, but I don't see this as a white flag going up at all.

nakedemperor said:
Its kind of like saying 'that football team is very good. they're undefeated. but we're still gonna beat 'em'. Show respect where its due, and have confidence in your ability to beat them-- the president has never lost a debate, so its justified to call him a great debater, but I don't see this as a white flag going up at all.

It just for months they have been portraying him as an idiotic, tongue tied, boob. Now they're saying he's a great communicator, so kerry has an excuse when he loses. Surely you can see this simple point.

For those who think Kerry will "kick his ass", you probably said that about Gore and look what happened.

Gore and Kerry are two complete different entities.

*siiiiigh* ;) thats Gore.

I have a question.

I was watching FOX about the debates and it was noted that there will be no direct questioning on either side.

Is that normal? Did that happen last time? I dont recall that.

Mainframe said:
Gore and Kerry are two complete different entities.

*siiiiigh* ;) thats Gore.

I have a question.

I was watching FOX about the debates and it was noted that there will be no direct questioning on either side.

Is that normal? Did that happen last time? I dont recall that.

There is usually at least one if not 2 of the 3 debates that has no direct questioning of each other.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...p_on_el_pr/kerry_bush_debate&cid=694&ncid=716

Some interesting statements in this:

I rather liked that quote.

i had to laugh at this one. the campaign said one of Kerry's favorate guns was a Communist Chinese assault rifle. haha got to love it.

LOL and they don't see the problem with the "Communist Chinese" part of it. The part they corrected by saying it is actually an inoperable single-bolt weapon. God that cracks me up.

theim said:
LOL and they don't see the problem with the "Communist Chinese" part of it. The part they corrected by saying it is actually an inoperable single-bolt weapon. God that cracks me up.

I like that Bush said today, something to the effect, "John Kerry could probably use 90 minutes debating himself."

Forum List

Back