Kerry Already Preparing For Recount

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
Is this an indication of things to come?

www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/9/14/150850.shtml

Election Day is several weeks away, but Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's campaign is already consodering its fund-raising options should Kerry or President Bush pursue a recount like the famous Florida ballot dispute in 2000.

The Kerry-Edwards campaign is asking the FED Comm for guidance on how it could raise money to cover any recount costs, including whether it could use a legal compliance fund it is tapping to pay campaign lawyers and finance other legal and accounting costs. The FEC is expected to rule by the end of the month.

Bonnie said:

Election Day is several weeks away, but Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry's campaign is already consodering its fund-raising options should Kerry or President Bush pursue a recount like the famous Florida ballot dispute in 2000.

The Kerry-Edwards campaign is asking the FED Comm for guidance on how it could raise money to cover any recount costs, including whether it could use a legal compliance fund it is tapping to pay campaign lawyers and finance other legal and accounting costs. The FEC is expected to rule by the end of the month.

I wonder how 'close' it has to be to qualify as justified?

Bonnie said:

Isn't that just a big giant hint of things to come!!! What is this guy gonna put us through now. You know he is going to do something. We know he has allready been talking to the Blacks about them being left out,who knows what he will come up with next.

:confused:

Maybe im just overly cynical, but this just smacks of back door dirty 11th hour politics. This is a red flag! Although I think this is based upon a close election which I don't think will be the case, of course anything can happen!

You know, someone needs to tell the Johns that recounting isnt going to change things. Bush is still going to win in a landslide.

Bonnie said:
Maybe im just overly cynical, but this just smacks of back door dirty 11th hour politics. This is a red flag! Although I think this is based upon a close election which I don't think will be the case, of course anything can happen!

Think landslide for Bush! Then there won't be any need for any whiny recount.

Kathianne said:
I wonder how 'close' it has to be to qualify as justified?

It may differ from state to state, but I seem to remember that in Florida, a presidential candidate who loses by .5%, or less, will automatically get a recount if he requests one.

musicman said:
It may differ from state to state, but I seem to remember that in Florida, a presidential candidate who loses by .5%, or less, will automatically get a recount if he requests one.

That sounds familiar, thanks. Hard to believe that I ever thought Gore reasonable, but I did. His first impulse was to concede, but I believe it was Bob Bennett, who told him, "Not so fast..." the rest is history. I know that their original hope was to cherry pick certain counties, but that wasn't going to fly.

However, there were other areas around the country that could have been 'recounted' and Gore did nix that idea. I don't see Kerry being reasonable. Could get really ugly.

Guess this explains the choice of Edwards for VP. The lawyers are already manning their posts. There are many ways to contest an election besides it being close. I'm sure the Dems know all of em and are 3/4 of the way to finishing all the paperwork. They could tie this up in the courts forever.

The one thing I dont see the Kerry campaign planning well for is the unlikely event of a "catastrophic success"; I have yet to hear a concrete plan of HOW he will implement those things he says he will do if elected. His website lists lot of things, but implementation is not one of them.

CSM said:
The one thing I dont see the Kerry campaign planning well for is the unlikely event of a "catastrophic success"; I have yet to hear a concrete plan of HOW he will implement those things he says he will do if elected. His website lists lot of things, but implementation is not one of them.
:teeth: and what is his plan to "win the peace"

(good one csm--you cracked me up!)

The fact that the Dems are vigorously planning to fight the results of the election indicates to me that they are planning to LOSE. I cannot help but wonder if, strategically, that was their goal all along. Why would they do that? Glad you asked.... to set the stage for Sen. Clintons presidential campaign four years from now. It may not be an accident that a lot of the Clinton campaign mafia are now running Kerry's campaign (can you say "conflict of interest?").

CSM said:
The fact that the Dems are vigorously planning to fight the results of the election indicates to me that they are planning to LOSE. I cannot help but wonder if, strategically, that was their goal all along. Why would they do that? Glad you asked.... to set the stage for Sen. Clintons presidential campaign four years from now. It may not be an accident that a lot of the Clinton campaign mafia are now running Kerry's campaign (can you say "conflict of interest?").

Agreed--I wonder what Kerrys' pay off will be for being the scape goat?

You know, ive been thinking, A dangerous pastime, yet sometimes it must be done.

Anyway, John Kerry is running one of the worst campaigns in the history of the world. I mean if there is something to do wrong, he has done it. And i was thinking he cant possibly be serious about challenging the election results, especially if Bush wins in a landslide...but considering he does lose in a landslide, is that going to stop him?

I mean it would stop a sane person. but Kerry is on the fringe of the Democrat party. I mean would it really stop him? Im not sure it would stop Al Gore anymore. it might have in 2000 if he had lost by a landslide but now...i think hed fight it regardless. i think Kerry might too.

You know, ive been thinking, A dangerous pastime, yet sometimes it must be done.

Anyway, John Kerry is running one of the worst campaigns in the history of the world. I mean if there is something to do wrong, he has done it. And i was thinking he cant possibly be serious about challenging the election results, especially if Bush wins in a landslide...but considering he does lose in a landslide, is that going to stop him?

I mean it would stop a sane person. but Kerry is on the fringe of the Democrat party. I mean would it really stop him? Im not sure it would stop Al Gore anymore. it might have in 2000 if he had lost by a landslide but now...i think hed fight it regardless. i think Kerry might too.

Contesting the election would help Billary. She would claim that the GOP has now stolen 2 elections.

dilloduck said:
Contesting the election would help Billary. She would claim that the GOP has now stolen 2 elections.

Yeah and her doing that would help the GOP because its obvious we havent Stolen a single election and that Democrats have tried to steal two election...assuming this all occurs of course.

dilloduck said:
Guess this explains the choice of Edwards for VP. The lawyers are already manning their posts. There are many ways to contest an election besides it being close. I'm sure the Dems know all of em and are 3/4 of the way to finishing all the paperwork. They could tie this up in the courts forever.

My thoughts exactly D

Yeah and her doing that would help the GOP because its obvious we havent Stolen a single election and that Democrats have tried to steal two election...assuming this all occurs of course.

good point--Billarys' only shot may be to spend the next 4 years changing her politics. The route the Dems are taking now is sheer suicide.

Forum List

Back