Katrina

dilloduck said:
It's obvious who is going to have to help these Americans---Big coprorations and RELIGIOUS CHARITIES. There're might be more money but the ACLU lawyers have been raping both of em. Any athiest organizations out there helping anyone. NO. Here is the TRUE test of patrioitism. Who is willing to help other Americans who are dying and sick?
I already know the answer and everybody else here does too. That's what's so obvious and so sad. Even the media is calling people "looters" when they are scavaging for food.--Does that make the cops looters too?

Atheist people don't have organizations because they don't really share common beliefs. You don't do things in the name of atheism. I'm atheist and I've done plenty to help from an individual standpoint. Maybe you should stop worrying about what atheists are doing and do something about it yourself. Maybe if you wouldn't be giving money to your church you could give the money directly to the people that are now in dire need of it. That would make a lot more sense to me.

Powerman said:
Atheist people don't have organizations because they don't really share common beliefs. You don't do things in the name of atheism. I'm atheist and I've done plenty to help from an individual standpoint. Maybe you should stop worrying about what atheists are doing and do something about it yourself. Maybe if you wouldn't be giving money to your church you could give the money directly to the people that are now in dire need of it. That would make a lot more sense to me.

Afraid, again, you are wrong.

www.Atheists.org

Since 1963, AMERICAN ATHEISTS has been the premier organization laboring for the civil liberties of Atheists, and the total, absolute separation of government and religion. It was born out of a court case begun in 1959 by the Murray family which challenged prayer recitation in the public schools. That case – Murray v. Curlett – was a landmark in American jurisprudence on behalf of our First Amendment rights.

They are even suggesting that President Bush is breaking the law by making statements regarding praying for New Orleans.

GotZoom said:

www.Atheists.org

Since 1963, AMERICAN ATHEISTS has been the premier organization laboring for the civil liberties of Atheists, and the total, absolute separation of government and religion. It was born out of a court case begun in 1959 by the Murray family which challenged prayer recitation in the public schools. That case – Murray v. Curlett – was a landmark in American jurisprudence on behalf of our First Amendment rights.

They are even suggesting that President Bush is breaking the law by making statements regarding praying for New Orleans.

OK well maybe I was wrong but I can promise you MOST atheist people don't belong to some organization. It is pretty stupid to have an atheist organization if you ask me because atheists don't really share beliefs, they just share a lack of beliefs. But don't assume that atheists don't help people. I post on another message board and when I let people know about the shareyourhome.org website I got several emails from atheists on the board asking questions about it and how they could help.

GotZoom said:

www.Atheists.org

And look how Madeline Murray-OHare ended up. Food for thought.

At least---where are the musicians and actors? Are they not interested enough in America to come up with a private fundraiser ???????
Do I need to post a list of all the celebrities that have donated? Heck Sean Penn made an idiot out of himself by forgetting to put the drain plug in his boat - but he still pulled it out the water, plugged it up, and saved some lives.

I certainly wasn't trying to make it political but I agree with you recommmendation to watch closely and notice who helps and who doesn't.

I love how less than a week after a major US city is decimated by the worst hurricane to hit land in decades you take the opportunity to make a political point about your erroneous belief that only christians and big business can help the people of the Gulf Coast. Were you playing a fiddle as well?

Forum List

Back