Just wondering why is it that the only solution to the budget debate for the left is

Guys, really. There was NO talk of any spending cuts from Obama or any other Dem until the GOP got control of the House.

During the 2008 campaign, Obama was asked about McCain's promise to "balance the budget before the end of my second term" and Obama merely laughed and quipped, "that's not practical."

He is trying to paint himself as a spendthrift, a deficit hawk, and you're swallowing it hook, line and sinker. Forgetting conveniently that for two years with a supermajority Congress, he could have done anything he wanted. Curbing spending was NOT on the agenda.

Let's call it like it is.

What will you say if I pull old video of him talking cuts?

Are you going to admit you were wrong about that point, or are you going to play it off with the next point?

I'm not saying the behavior and the words are matching up, but to say that he's never mentioned cuts is outright false so.....no sense in saying what's false publically.

Of course they won't admit being wrong. They'll either

a) ignore what you post
b) try to discredit the source
c) move the goal posts and change the context of the debate

Guys, really. There was NO talk of any spending cuts from Obama or any other Dem until the GOP got control of the House.

During the 2008 campaign, Obama was asked about McCain's promise to "balance the budget before the end of my second term" and Obama merely laughed and quipped, "that's not practical."

He is trying to paint himself as a spendthrift, a deficit hawk, and you're swallowing it hook, line and sinker. Forgetting conveniently that for two years with a supermajority Congress, he could have done anything he wanted. Curbing spending was NOT on the agenda.

Are you going to admit you were wrong about that point, or are you going to play it off with the next point?

I'm not saying the behavior and the words are matching up, but to say that he's never mentioned cuts is outright false so.....no sense in saying what's false publically.

You're correct, he did.. all through the 2008 campaign.

Then he got into office and ran up the debt by multi-trillions. And now he tells us we need to cut the debt and pay more taxes.

Anyone who buys a fucking thing this guy says is an idiot. Obama is a profligate liar.

Mentioned spending cuts in passing? Or actually called for spending cuts? It's two different things.

I'd love to see the video, but it takes nothing at all away from what I said. YOU must be honest and admit the GOP House is driving this, just like in the 90s with Billy. This is how Billy got his "surplus" and if Obama will wise up, he can do the same thing.

No, I don't have to be, because I never claimed otherwise.
Then there's no disagreement. Glad to see you're not buying blindly, the talking point.

In both of Obama's state of the unions, he called on all departments to analyze and report back to him any waste and cuts that can be made.

Silly, I know. Why would a Democrat say such a thing?

Mentioned spending cuts in passing? Or actually called for spending cuts? It's two different things.

I'd love to see the video, but it takes nothing at all away from what I said. YOU must be honest and admit the GOP House is driving this, just like in the 90s with Billy. This is how Billy got his "surplus" and if Obama will wise up, he can do the same thing.

Then there's no disagreement. Glad to see you're not buying blindly, the talking point.

Well, a lot of the Cuts the Republicans want to make are political, and that's especially wrong to do when the CBO predicts a net LOSS as a result of their Budget.

In both of Obama's state of the unions, he called on all departments to analyze and report back to him any waste and cuts that can be made.

Right... Saw that. Nothing happened. Promise broken.

Just like, "I will go line through line through the budget."

No need for that, when there's not a budget.

You're correct, he did.. all through the 2008 campaign.

Then he got into office and ran up the debt by multi-trillions. And now he tells us we need to cut the debt and pay more taxes.

Anyone who buys a fucking thing this guy says is an idiot. Obama is a profligate liar.

Everyone in the Senate, House and Whitehouse Staff is not going to be honest about the Budget.

Well, a lot of the Cuts the Republicans want to make are political, and that's especially wrong to do when the CBO predicts a net LOSS as a result of their Budget.
99.9% of Washington spending is purely political. If you're going to cut, it's going to be political.

You're too young to remember but, we went through this exact same dance in the 90s.

Right... Saw that. Nothing happened. Promise broken.

Just like, "I will go line through line through the budget."

No need for that, when there's not a budget.

You said it was never said, I responded that it was said but never follow through/never was honest, you're now admitting it was said. Where did I miss something?

"absolutely no talk of cutting spending" - Robert

Today:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama, risking liberal anger and Republican scorn, is turning his attention to the nation's crushing debt with an anti-deficit framework that tackles politically sensitive health care programs while also increasing taxes.

The president on Wednesday plans to deliver a speech outlining his approach to reducing the deficit by lowering spending in Medicare and Medicaid, raising taxes on the wealthy and cutting defense costs. Obama's address will draw contrasts with a Republican plan that cuts $5 trillion in spending over the next decade and which the White House says unfairly singles out middle-class taxpayers, older adults and the poor.

You mean like the Lie that was the last budget debate? that supposed 38 billion in cuts turning into around a billion because the left wanted to save all their entitlement programs....you mean that cut in spending?

99.9% of Washington spending is purely political. If you're going to cut, it's going to be political.

You're too young to remember but, we went through this exact same dance in the 90s.

That doesn't make it right, which of course, is my only point.

And how much was found?????????????? Zero is expressed as 0

Net loss? Impossible in fund accounting.

:lol:

Not in the accounting sense, in the sense that their "cuts" yield a budget that ADDS to the Debt, not DECREASES it.

And how much was found?????????????? Zero is expressed as 0

You said they never mentioned Cuts, I simply led you to the truth.

I don't know how to do the neat graphics but he is right. QUIT SPENDING, it is really not that hard.

Quite calling social security and entitlement. That is my money I paid it in advance. How about putting the people in jail that took it from the ss fund and spent it on their own payback projects. Company leaders can go to jail for taking pension funds, thee is no difference. If we put the administration and congress in jail, they would first build paradise for the to go to.

"absolutely no talk of cutting spending" - Robert

Today:

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama, risking liberal anger and Republican scorn, is turning his attention to the nation's crushing debt with an anti-deficit framework that tackles politically sensitive health care programs while also increasing taxes.

The president on Wednesday plans to deliver a speech outlining his approach to reducing the deficit by lowering spending in Medicare and Medicaid, raising taxes on the wealthy and cutting defense costs. Obama's address will draw contrasts with a Republican plan that cuts $5 trillion in spending over the next decade and which the White House says unfairly singles out middle-class taxpayers, older adults and the poor.

You mean like the Lie that was the last budget debate? that supposed 38 billion in cuts turning into around a billion because the left wanted to save all their entitlement programs....you mean that cut in spending?

No, I mean that MENTION OF CUTTING SPENDING, you know, you said it wasn't mentioned, remember?

That doesn't make it right, which of course, is my only point.

Suggestion... come visit us in reality. Yeah, ok, it isn't ideal. But it is what it is. Dems will tell their lemmings that Republicans want old folks to eat dog food... cutting Planned Parenthood leads to breast cancer, etc.

It's quite hilarious to think anybody believes it. They were saying it back in the nineties... guess what .... it wasn't true then and it isn't true now.

to raise taxes with absolutely no talk of cutting spending at the same time.

One can only assume these clowns have to run their own household so you would think that even a basic understanding of finances would light the way for them to understand you cannot continue spending more then you have. And if your source of funding is suffering you cannot continue pulling more from it. Yes its a (finite Pie) no money does not grow on tree's and the guberment doesn't create wealth.

Please explain "guberment doesn't create wealth".

Explain how the stockholders and chief operating officers benefited from Government largess at:

Lockhead Martin
Boeing
Northrop Gruman
BAE Systems
General Dynamics
Raytheon
United Technology
L-3 Communications Holding
KBR, inc (Haliburton)
Navistar Defense

Ummmm and who paid for that? "We the People" Not they the Guberment who gave them "We the Peoples" money. which of course now leaves us with close to 15 trillion in debt that won't be paid by "They the Guberment" but will instead be Paid for by "We the People"

I don't know how to do the neat graphics but he is right. QUIT SPENDING, it is really not that hard.

Quite calling social security and entitlement. That is my money I paid it in advance. How about putting the people in jail that took it from the ss fund and spent it on their own payback projects. Company leaders can go to jail for taking pension funds, thee is no difference. If we put the administration and congress in jail, they would first build paradise for the to go to.

:clap2:

Forum List

Back