Just stop now

TomInAustin

Jan 15, 2016
We have 150k troops around the world in non war zones. How much would we save if we brought them all home. Then for grins stop our involvement in the mid east. Let the Saudis deal with it, they can afford to buy all our toys.

Let the flaming begin. Yes I am new here, not new to life and logic. I have zero tolerance for binary thinkers. That is all.

Sassy is Gassy in her first post. Tomin, don't ignore her. Read her, she provides much entertainment to the well informed here.

We have 150k troops around the world in non war zones. How much would we save if we brought them all home. Then for grins stop our involvement in the mid east. Let the Saudis deal with it, they can afford to buy all our toys.

Let the flaming begin. Yes I am new here, not new to life and logic. I have zero tolerance for binary thinkers. That is all.
What happens when the Saudis start dispensing oil for yuan?

Sassy is Gassy in her first post. Tomin, don't ignore her. Read her, she provides much entertainment to the well informed here.

How would you know?

Fake Jake is a waste of time and bandwidth...and needs to peruse gainful employment, he's here like 24/7 so you know he doesn't work. Likely a welfare leech
I happen to know Jake is rich as Rockefeller. Pals around with Trump and the Bush clan.

Ever wondered why they have remained non war zones?

How would you know?

Fake Jake is a waste of time and bandwidth...and needs to peruse gainful employment, he's here like 24/7 so you know he doesn't work. Likely a welfare leech
I happen to know Jake is rich as Rockefeller. Pals around with Trump and the Bush clan.

I do not believe you, Hoss. :dunno:

How would you know?

I do not believe you, Hoss. :dunno:
I don't either. :eusa_shhh:

What happens when the Saudis start dispensing oil for yuan?
Red herring fallacy.

Ever wondered why they have remained non war zones?

It has nothing to do with keeping the peace, supporting our allies, or 'defending' America.

First off, welcome TominAustin. Austin is great city. I grew up there.

I agree. Not completely though. I think bases and troops are necessary in places like Korea and the Middle East. Even some in Germany. They can provide staging areas for troops should they be needed in distant locations. Does the US need the hundreds of bases that are currently home to hundreds of thousands of American troops overseas? Absolutely not. The cost of maintaining such high troop levels and that many bases would be better spent at home and/or on the troops themselves. They are a boon to the local economies of their host countries. That is money best spent in our communities. There are also a lot of places (Japan, the Middle East, central Asia) where the presence of American troops and bases cause friction with the locals. There are definitely plenty of areas where we can scale back.

How would you know?

Go shave your back, wench! Unlike you I have never claimed to have captured RouteIrish, brief the Joint Chiefs, or been a doctoral student. Instead, I have been very successful personally, family wise, and professionally. You are still young, millennial girl. Snap to it. :lol:

Then spent the money on education, science and infrastructure! That would be a damn good idea.

th

And that friction is a hint of how they could become a threat if we leave...
First off, welcome TominAustin. Austin is great city. I grew up there.

I agree. Not completely though. I think bases and troops are necessary in places like Korea and the Middle East. Even some in Germany. They can provide staging areas for troops should they be needed in distant locations. Does the US need the hundreds of bases that are currently home to hundreds of thousands of American troops overseas? Absolutely not. The cost of maintaining such high troop levels and that many bases would be better spent at home and/or on the troops themselves. They are a boon to the local economies of their host countries. That is money best spent in our communities. There are also a lot of places (Japan, the Middle East, central Asia) where the presence of American troops and bases cause friction with the locals. There are definitely plenty of areas where we can scale back.

Forum List

Back