Just paid $25 for a late breakfast at Denny’s- how can anybody still support the lockdowns and printing of trillions of dollars that caused this ?

Like another post, you seem to be ignoring what I’m saying or you haven’t read the full post. The prices in this country are astronomical because of the choices of politicians to print trillions of dollars by in the forms of so-called stimulus checks and PPP loans. One of the worst decisions in American history history.

I really hope you just read that. The politicians chose to print trillions of dollars helping to cause inflation, which is jacking up the prices at restaurants and grocery stores. Maybe you can afford it maybe I can afford it but many Americans cannot afford it.
and as I said,, other than 3.69 for coffee I dont see a problem with the prices,,
thats was a big plate of food set in front of you,,,

and it was your tip that jacked the price up so high,, and now we have to listen to you whine like a child over it,,

Is there anybody out there who still believes that the lockdowns and printing of trillions of dollars were necessary? Surely we must care for our fellow American.

View attachment 872046

This meal after tip cost me $25. Of course I’ll always tip Well, I’m not a brokie

How can a family of four afford to go to a place like Denny’s? Which back in the day used to be an affordable place for breakfast or dinner. Remember the four dollar grand slams and what not.

So you have a combination of restaurants, keeping their prices high along with the inflation caused by the fake virus and printing of trillions of dollars. Of course, some restaurants and businesses will continue to keep prices high, because why not they got away with it the first time.

I’m seeing this at places like Mr. Goodyear as well where they are charging astronomical amounts of money for tires. Thankfully I got a local guy I go to for car repairs …. Tons of Americans when they get a flat tire for example they get robbed blind $35 to patch up a tire at a place like Mr. Goodyear or one of those places when it could cost you nothing or maybe $10 if you know somebody.
Life is hard.

I say, according to common sense and logic we have high prices today because of the printing of trillions of dollars and stimulus checks and PPP loans. Never been done in American history. Something that was unprecedented. And we all saw after the lockdowns the price of homes and the price of grocery items went through the roof.

So it’s not the raising of minimum wage, that’s just a distraction, it’s not Trump‘s fault it’s another distraction. These are what the privileged elite want to work in class to constantly bicker about.

It was because some people in suits Republican and Democrat made a decision to lock us down and print trillions of dollars. That’s common sense and there’s no way to argue against this point because that is by definition what is going to give you inflation when you lock people down on their homes and you say oh you can’t go to work or people even lose their job because of a fake virus, and the horrendous affects. It has an economy. Everybody can see it.
The increase in the minimum wage was a contributing factor in both the printing of trillions of $$$ AND inflation.

The increase in the minimum wage was a contributing factor in both the printing of trillions of $$$ AND inflation.
I think I see where you’re going. Wages were forced to be raised because people couldn’t afford anything because politicians chose to lock us down and print trillions of dollars in stimulus money in 2020 bc of “covid”

OP will not have to worry much longer about prices if he keeps eating that unhealthy shit.

I think I see where you’re going. Wages were forced to be raised because people couldn’t afford anything because politicians chose to lock us down and print trillions of dollars in stimulus money in 2020 bc of “covid”
You do not raise wages “because people could not afford anything”, you illiterate douche.

Is there anybody out there who still believes that the lockdowns and printing of trillions of dollars were necessary? Surely we must care for our fellow American.

View attachment 872046

This meal after tip cost me $25. Of course I’ll always tip Well, I’m not a brokie

How can a family of four afford to go to a place like Denny’s? Which back in the day used to be an affordable place for breakfast or dinner. Remember the four dollar grand slams and what not.

So you have a combination of restaurants, keeping their prices high along with the inflation caused by the fake virus and printing of trillions of dollars. Of course, some restaurants and businesses will continue to keep prices high, because why not they got away with it the first time.

I’m seeing this at places like Mr. Goodyear as well where they are charging astronomical amounts of money for tires. Thankfully I got a local guy I go to for car repairs …. Tons of Americans when they get a flat tire for example they get robbed blind $35 to patch up a tire at a place like Mr. Goodyear or one of those places when it could cost you nothing or maybe $10 if you know somebody.
Cook your own food, you lazy shit.

WA state led the way in increasing the minimum wage to $15/hour in 2016--long before covid or the printing of those trillions. During the ensuing five years, 23 other states followed suit.

$3.69 for a coffee at Denny’s. I remember during a Trump administration it was $1.50.
Four Slams for $40.
Plus tip and tax.
$55 for 4.
Drink Water.
If you're in one of the places where the minimum wage is now $20 or $25, you don't need to tip.

See my post #16. Men (and Republican men, specifically) are the best tippers.
you don't need to tip.
Especially marvin martian ......
he don't see a need to tip, he just told ya in the post above.
Fucking Cheapskate.

View attachment 872046

But peer reviewed CPI stats say you're wrong! You aren't smart enough to realize that you actually only paid $2.50.... You can't say things like that unless you have OFFICIAL GOVERNMENT NUMBERS! What are you some kind of racist?

View attachment 872046

They have Denny's in Russia?

No doubt a "superslam" breakfast is a lot more than just coffee and toast. At less than ten bucks it sounds like a good deal.

Here is a picture of Denny's original Grand Slam breakfast:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.chewboom.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F08%2FApple-Bourbon-Pancake-Breakfast.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=6f737cae65f584fb597da8cdddaa3d7d2bc702e6c9cd4b9397f5f599fba8e561&ipo=images

Originally sold for $1.99 in 1980. Adjusted for inflation, that same meal should cost $7.42 today.

I just checked with Denny's just now and their Grand Slam only looks like THIS now:

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 7.21.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-12-12 at 7.22.07 PM.png

Not $7.42, but instead now $10.59. That is on TOP of inflation.

Big difference, huh? Two eggs, two bacon, and two sausages instead of the hash browns, but if you want the same fancy pancake toppings, you must pay an additional $2.99, or a total of $13.58.

That is 183% over the adjusted price with inflation INCLUDED. So, I'll say it again, YOU ARE GETTING RIPPED OFF. Businesses are using the whole covid/inflation deal to get over on people. They deserve to go out of business. If you are going there and freely paying these prices, you are getting what you deserve. It goes beyond whether you can afford the price or not to a matter of PRINCIPLE. People are being charged nearly TWICE what they used to pay to eat out, even allowing FOR the cost of living increases!

In the vernacular, we used to call that being a SUCKER.

Forum List

Back