Just lost another TV....

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
... to the US Men's National Soccer Team.

They get their first ever "comoetitive" lead at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and then they proceed to blow it less than 20 minutes later.

That caused me to throw a cast iron paperweight through the screen of a 32" flatscreen tv. Sparks. Blown fuse. Almost needed the fire extinguisher.

Hopefully the US team's charter flight back home falls out of the sky.

P.S. - for those wondering why there was that nice of a tv was doing in my house (after previous discussions)... my wjfe won it in a raffle.

I'd make you wear that TV for a bit

She can suggest frog legs for breakfast for all I care.
Just saying what would happen in my house if some tantrum thrower broke my TV
You'd wear that sucker

.Just saying what would happen in my house if some tantrum thrower broke my TV. You'd wear that sucker

The fact thst you suggest thst somewhere coild be "your" hoise tells me that we have nothjng jn common. This is not my wife's house. It's MINE.

LOL!

Not sure I'd want much in common with a fella with such loose control of his emotions.

American Soccer Teams just are painful to watch. Watching teams in England or Europe can be fun but watching teams from here no matter National or league teams is something I can not stand!

Might as well watch figure skating if you are watching Men Soccer Team.

They get their first ever "comoetitive" lead at Azteca Stadium in Mexico City and then they proceed to blow it less than 20 minutes later.

That caused me to throw a cast iron paperweight through the screen of a 32" flatscreen tv. Sparks. Blown fuse. Almost needed the fire extinguisher.

P.S. - for those wondering why there was that nice of a tv was doing in my house (after previous discussions)... my wjfe won it in a raffle.
I was only tempted to throw something at the tv once --

When Nixon was being interviewed by Robert Frost and Nixon said "if the President does it then it is ok".

Anyway if you need a new tv they have some good LG's at Best Buy from anywhere around $100 USD to $5000 for a really huge screen.

You can also go either with an amp antenna with really good HD reception or cable (which costs extra monthly).

In my opinion cable is not worth it. Amp antennas give you 50 or so HD channels including ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, several PBS, Justice channel, Escape channel (another crime station like Justice), mucho Latino channels, many shopping channels, many kids' channels, many old movies channels, etc. You don't need cable.

American Soccer Teams just are painful to watch. Watching teams in England or Europe can be fun but watching teams from here no matter National or league teams is something I can not stand!

Might as well watch figure skating if you are watching Men Soccer Team.
USA played Norway today. Boring as drying paint.

USA women also played today. Also boring as drying paint.

Why not put the TV behind chicken wire?

Like the Blues Brothers?

Last edited:
Anyway if you need a new tv they have some good LG's at Best Buy from anywhere around $100 USD to $5000 for a really huge screen.

I buy cheap tv's because this happens a couple times a year. This one was more expensive because it was won in a raffle.

Forum List

Back