Just how Sick can white people get?

OCA - Evil was the footling - and was oxygen deprived and blue when born - they had to recussitate(sp?) him (hence his mental condition). He was also the only one I saw being born - and it wasn't a very pleasant sight!!

Well, technically this isn't a sick story, but it still sucked.

When I was 15, we had a Yamaha snowmachine (snowmobile for you flatlanders!) that would flood terribly every time you tried to start it due to a shitty Tillotson Carbuerator. The snowmachine was basically our car, since we lived 20 miles from the nearest road. Dad had to go to town, so he sat in the cabin whilst I performed surgery on that damn sled.

I worked and worked on it, and FINALLY got it running. Standard procedure at that point was to lift the track off the ground by lifting the rear bumper and rev the hell out of it to clear it out.

Dad heard it sputtering along on one cylinder and came running out of the house, grabbed the throttle and I immediately went back and lifted the track off the ground. He revved her up to max speed, and a very bad thing happened :

The track broke. At 80 MPH.

My left leg was about 6" directly behind the track. It shattered my fibula and tibula (the two bones between your knee and ankle) so badly that there wasn't a piece of bone larger than a quarter.

Curiously, my leg stopped that track... the track weighed about 150 pounds or so. I don't know how it stopped it, it should have amputated it clean off.

So, since our only snowmachine was down, Dad started mushing dogs downriver, to get help. This is way before Cell phones were available, and he couldn't reach anyone with the CB. Plus, we were socked in with a hell of a snowstorm. About 10 miles down was a neighbor's house and Dad stole one of their 3-wheelers to haul ass to town.

Making a long story short...

He had an amusing incident with the U.S. Army that was playing War Games defending the Bartlett Earth Station at the end of the overland trail, but he made it through after pulling his nickel plated .357 on the guard. War Games are fine, but not when you think your son is already dead or on the way.

Since the weather didn't permit an aircraft to come get me, EMTs came in with 4 Elan snowmachines, one of them pulling a toboggan.

12 hours after my leg was shattered, they arrived. They wouldn't give me any drugs for the incredible pain.

Then the real pain started, being dragged 20 miles behind a snowmachine on a toboggan. Every bump caused the bone fragments to grind, it was hideously painful. It was a very bumpy trail.

One of them quipped, as they were carrying me across Larson Creek, "Hey, you know, the last Rick I carried across the creek had a broken leg too! But he ended up dying..." There was stunned silence for a couple of seconds as everyone considered the idiot. My Dad cursed him roundly for that, I fully expected him to reach across and bitch slap him... but he didn't.

Anyway, we finally made it to the Earth Station where an ambulance was waiting... I finally got some drugs for the pain about 20 hours after the incident first took place.

The doc initially didn't think I'd ever walk again, but I healed up just fine He also said that he didn't understand why that major artery in my leg didn't get severed either during the accident or during the extraction on a damn toboggan.

The miracles of youth!

Once, I slept in a weird position and when I woke up I couldn't move for about thirty minutes.

That's about as sick as I've ever been, not counting hangovers and puking from magic mushrooms.

Oh, I got bronchitis (maybe) once. I was in bed all day. Hahaha.

:laugh:

I don't really get sick.

Joan said:
Think I have you beat Hobbit - I've had cancer, and angioplasty - and four children (none of them normal - then or now) first two breech, third a footling, and the 4th transverse (Csection Jim)

I give up. You win. It still trumps most people and brings up some very stimulating conversation. I talk about it so casually that most people think I'm joking at first. Then I show them the scar.

I don't think I ever showed anyone my scar, in fact, I stilll avoid looking at it! Evil did teach his dog a trick around that time. He'd would tell his dog "Clyde, get grandma's hat" - the damn dog would jump up and pull my wig off! In all honesty, though, I think keeping a sense of humor really helped during that horrible time!

Joan said:
I don't think I ever showed anyone my scar, in fact, I stilll avoid looking at it! Evil did teach his dog a trick around that time. He'd would tell his dog "Clyde, get grandma's hat" - the damn dog would jump up and pull my wig off! In all honesty, though, I think keeping a sense of humor really helped during that horrible time!

Mine's on the side of my face. It's actually very inconspicuous and I'd need makeup to cover it, anyway, so I figured, "why bother?"

Hobbit said:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I've had cancer. Top that.

I actually almost died from cellulitis. It is an infection in the fat cells. I simply thought it was a terrible bad pulled muscle in my stomach. The doctor thought it was a kidney stone, we were both wrong. It took some time in the hospital with liquid IV full of antibiotics. I actually had withdraw from the antibiotics, it was one of the oddest experiences of my life.

I've had 2 C-Sections, and last year I had emergency surgery to remove an ovary. I had a Dermoid Cyst on my ovary. Anyone know what that is....lol!!

pennyville73 said:
I've had 2 C-Sections, and last year I had emergency surgery to remove an ovary. I had a Dermoid Cyst on my ovary. Anyone know what that is....lol!!

http://www.pathguy.com/dermoid1.jpg

This is a dermoid cyst of the ovary. These are tumors that arise from the cells that could have become eggs instead. Like most of these tumors, this one is mostly skin, only it is turned inside, so that skin debris accumulates and makes it grow.

Other than childbirth... I just had a turbinectomy on my nose last week, on election day nonetheless. That SUCKED! (I do NOT, I repeat NOT, recommend that surgrey for any allergy/sinus victims).

I was discharged around 2 pm on the best pain meds I had ever taken in my life.. with the entire middle of my face bandaged with gauze and taped up looking like a mummy. About 7, after pleading with the boyfriend all day to take me to vote (i didnt apply for absentee soon enough), and his reply being that I was "too sick" (he's a democrat).

With a little batting of my eyelashes and whining, I asked him to go pick me up some chicken noodle soup from my favorite restaurant... once he left, I wrote a quick note, hopped in my car and drove the 10 miles to the poling station so I could vote. (I recently moved out of the municipality where I'm registered to vote and didnt have time to change it before voting). The lil old ladies at the library where I vote damn near had a coronary when they saw me hobbling in all drugged up with my head bandaged up to vote LOL.

Needless to say, a full week later, he's just now starting to talk to me. :D

lilcountriegal said:
Other than childbirth... I just had a turbinectomy on my nose last week, on election day nonetheless. That SUCKED! (I do NOT, I repeat NOT, recommend that surgrey for any allergy/sinus victims).

I was discharged around 2 pm on the best pain meds I had ever taken in my life.. with the entire middle of my face bandaged with gauze and taped up looking like a mummy. About 7, after pleading with the boyfriend all day to take me to vote (i didnt apply for absentee soon enough), and his reply being that I was "too sick" (he's a democrat).

With a little batting of my eyelashes and whining, I asked him to go pick me up some chicken noodle soup from my favorite restaurant... once he left, I wrote a quick note, hopped in my car and drove the 10 miles to the poling station so I could vote. (I recently moved out of the municipality where I'm registered to vote and didnt have time to change it before voting). The lil old ladies at the library where I vote damn near had a coronary when they saw me hobbling in all drugged up with my head bandaged up to vote LOL.

Needless to say, a full week later, he's just now starting to talk to me. :D

He should have just taken you in to vote.

I give you kudos for this one! What a patriot! :usa:

Gross, Huh?

In a dermoid cyst, the hormone that creates certain body parts goes haywire.
It will start to create extra body parts. That particular hormone is responsible for making, hair, teeth, spinal cord, thyroid, bone and fat. All or some of these things can be found inside the cyst. Mine had hair, bone, and fatty tissue..... :wtf:

pennyville73 said:
Gross, Huh?

In a dermoid cyst, the hormone that creates certain body parts goes haywire.
It will start to create extra body parts. That particular hormone is responsible for making, hair, teeth, spinal cord, thyroid, bone and fat. All or some of these things can be found inside the cyst. Mine had hair, bone, and fatty tissue..... :wtf:

MMMMMM.... Dermoid Cyst! :puke:

no1tovote4 said:
He should have just taken you in to vote.

Which was my excuse to him. He's a registered Democrat and had already voted for Kerry that morning. (so he's not the brightest crayon in the box... all men can be reformed).

By all means, I shouldnt have driven myself (driven? drove? :wtf: ) .. I was entirely too doped up and "fuzzy" but I wanted to at least offset his vote for Kerry.

I'm a woman. I'm stubborn. What can I say.

I am violently allergic to aspirin. I found that out after my wind pipe swelled shut.

-=d=- said:
I've been VERY sick...had some sorta sinus infection get into the bones of my skull once.

hurt like a biotch.

What's the 'sickest' you have been, white or not?

Why's it gotta be a white thing? :D

I'd like to start off by saying "Ewwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!" to most of you guys. We're thinking of starting to try for a baby in January and I'm having some second thoughts now...! (What exactly is a footling? Breach?)

The sickest I've ever been was when I was a junior in undergrad and got what I (and several doctors) thought was just a spider bite. Then I tested positive for mono.
It turns out LYME DISEASE gives a false positive for mono! By that time I was is stage 2 of 3 and literally felt like I was dying! I had red welts popping out all over, I was only semi-conscious for days, and for some reason my throat almost swelled shut and I couldn't breath so I had to get a steroid shot to open it up.

The only good thing about it is I lost quite a bit of weight...

Also I have a problem with kneeling. When I kneel for extended periods of time (say 5 minutes) blood pools in my knees, causing the color to drain from my face and eventually causing me to lose consciousness. I found this out when I was a student at the local catholic school, I was kneeling at mass and I fainted.

deaddude said:
Also I have a problem with kneeling. When I kneel for extended periods of time (say 5 minutes) blood pools in my knees, causing the color to drain from my face and eventually causing me to lose consciousness. I found this out when I was a student at the local catholic school, I was kneeling at mass and I fainted.

"On your knees, choirboy."

"But father, by blood problem!"
:whip:

Forum List

Back