June 6, 1944

The greatest generation....man have we let them down
Unfortunately they set the stage for the fall. They grew up in the Great Depression, went to the worst war ever, and came home and handed their kids everything they never had. Their kids never knew what it was like to earn what you have. We have been in a downward spiral ever since then.
Bullshit. My birthday present when I turned 15 was to have my work papers signed and my allowance cut off.

Maybe not in your case, but the offspring of the greatest generation enjoyed quite a bit less want than their parents did, and maybe more permissiveness. There might be some truth to the idea that the boomers such as myself were given too much without earning it, which may have lead to the concept that we should get what we want cuz we deserve it as opposed to earning what we get and making do with what we can afford. Just a thought.

The greatest generation....man have we let them down
Unfortunately they set the stage for the fall. They grew up in the Great Depression, went to the worst war ever, and came home and handed their kids everything they never had. Their kids never knew what it was like to earn what you have. We have been in a downward spiral ever since then.
Bullshit. My birthday present when I turned 15 was to have my work papers signed and my allowance cut off.
I have had a job since I was 14. You are welcome, uncle sam!
You worked for Uncle Sam when you were 14?
you know what I meant, you little shit :p
No I don't. I got my first job at Neisner's.

I have had a job since I was 14. You are welcome, uncle sam!
You worked for Uncle Sam when you were 14?
you know what I meant, you little shit :p
No I don't. I got my first job at Neisner's.
uncle sam... taxes... :poke:

Forum List

Back