July 4th 2017 - Coldest July ever recorded in the northern hemisphere

July 4, 2017 : Coldest July Temperature Ever Recorded In The Northern Hemisphere | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog

Certainly goes against the lib mantra of global warming.

July 4, 2017 : Coldest July Temperature Ever Recorded In The Northern Hemisphere
Posted on July 5, 2017 by tonyheller
Greenland just set the record for coldest July temperature ever reported in the Northern Hemisphere at -33C.
Now my lying little asshole, one temperature in Greenland does not represent anything but a local anomaly. And in the same week we had 129 degrees reported in a populated area of Pakistan.
I didn't lie bout anything, I just posted a link from a website. I also reported you for flaming.

Your thread title is missing an important word. The coldest July is a lot different than the coldest July temperature. ;)
Looks like you can't see the word "ever" that's there for those not wearing blinders.

You are missing the point. Saying the coldest July ever recorded in the northern hemisphere would mean that, for the entire northern hemisphere, for the entire month of July, the temperature was the coldest ever. Instead, this was about the coldest temperature ever recorded in July in the northern hemisphere; a temperature recorded in one location at one time was the coldest ever recorded. It would be possible to have the warmest ever recorded July in the northern hemisphere while still having the coldest temperature ever recorded in July in the northern hemisphere.

I'm just pointing out by not having the word temperature in the thread title, it makes it appear the thread will be about the entire northern hemisphere and the entire month of July. One is about a single temperature reading, the other is about the temperature of a whole month.
Ah, evidence deflection. Here we have a global warming faker alluding that he knows what the temps were for the whole month. Going to any length to perpetuate the lie of global warming huh?

You seem to be having comprehension problems.

I never said anything about knowing what the July temperatures are for the northern hemisphere. I have just pointed out that a coldest temperature is different than a coldest month. By leaving out the word temperature, your thread title indicates it is about the whole month of July. This July could be the hottest or coldest ever recorded for the northern hemisphere, that isn't my point. My point is that the information in your OP is not what your thread title indicates, that's all.

I'm pretty sure it was just a small mistake; I'm not accusing you of intentionally misrepresenting the facts. I'm just mentioning a small error. You seem to want to argue with things I have not said.
You clowns never stop trying to deflect away from what was said do you? But, like the poor marksman you are, you always miss the target.See ya troll.
Silly little cocksuck, here is last years information.

ImaGeo

« Mammatus clouds catch fire during blazing Niwotian sunsetLatest analysis from NASA: It’s now eight straight months of record shattering global warmth »
Surface melting of snow and ice in Greenland explodes as temperatures soar to record levels
By Tom Yulsman | June 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Numerous melt ponds are visible in this image of Greenland’s southwest coast, captured by NASA’s Aqua satellite on June 12, 2016. The grayish-blue band also is indicative of melting at the surface. (Source: NASA EOSDIS)

With parts of Greenland experiencing record high temperatures of late, melting of snow and ice at the surface has been skyrocketing.

This follows a record low extent of Arctic sea ice in May, and other troublesome signs that global warming is taking off in the high north.

The satellite image above of Greenland’s southwest coast shows what’s happening at the surface: numerous blue melt ponds, and the telltale grayish-blue coloration indicative of melting snow and ice. (Make sure to click on the image for the full-size version.)

Record temps cause surface melting in Greenland to explode

So you really think that one day negates what has happened in the last decades? You are nothing but a knownothing troll.

Silly little cocksuck, here is last years information.

ImaGeo

« Mammatus clouds catch fire during blazing Niwotian sunsetLatest analysis from NASA: It’s now eight straight months of record shattering global warmth »
Surface melting of snow and ice in Greenland explodes as temperatures soar to record levels
By Tom Yulsman | June 12, 2016 8:50 pm

Numerous melt ponds are visible in this image of Greenland’s southwest coast, captured by NASA’s Aqua satellite on June 12, 2016. The grayish-blue band also is indicative of melting at the surface. (Source: NASA EOSDIS)

With parts of Greenland experiencing record high temperatures of late, melting of snow and ice at the surface has been skyrocketing.

This follows a record low extent of Arctic sea ice in May, and other troublesome signs that global warming is taking off in the high north.

The satellite image above of Greenland’s southwest coast shows what’s happening at the surface: numerous blue melt ponds, and the telltale grayish-blue coloration indicative of melting snow and ice. (Make sure to click on the image for the full-size version.)

Record temps cause surface melting in Greenland to explode

So you really think that one day negates what has happened in the last decades? You are nothing but a knownothing troll.

No, but I have reported you for flaming again. I thought the OP was interesting, and while I don't know what the rest of the month was like, clearly posting it has inflamed you for some reason.

July 4, 2017 : Coldest July Temperature Ever Recorded In The Northern Hemisphere | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog

July 4, 2017 : Coldest July Temperature Ever Recorded In The Northern Hemisphere
Greenland just set the record for coldest July temperature ever reported in the Northern Hemisphere at -33C.
4 days into the month of July and you lay that claim? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your thread title is missing an important word. The coldest July is a lot different than the coldest July temperature. ;)
Looks like you can't see the word "ever" that's there for those not wearing blinders.

You are missing the point. Saying the coldest July ever recorded in the northern hemisphere would mean that, for the entire northern hemisphere, for the entire month of July, the temperature was the coldest ever. Instead, this was about the coldest temperature ever recorded in July in the northern hemisphere; a temperature recorded in one location at one time was the coldest ever recorded. It would be possible to have the warmest ever recorded July in the northern hemisphere while still having the coldest temperature ever recorded in July in the northern hemisphere.

I'm just pointing out by not having the word temperature in the thread title, it makes it appear the thread will be about the entire northern hemisphere and the entire month of July. One is about a single temperature reading, the other is about the temperature of a whole month.
Ah, evidence deflection. Here we have a global warming faker alluding that he knows what the temps were for the whole month. Going to any length to perpetuate the lie of global warming huh?

I never said anything about knowing what the July temperatures are for the northern hemisphere. I have just pointed out that a coldest temperature is different than a coldest month. By leaving out the word temperature, your thread title indicates it is about the whole month of July. This July could be the hottest or coldest ever recorded for the northern hemisphere, that isn't my point. My point is that the information in your OP is not what your thread title indicates, that's all.

I'm pretty sure it was just a small mistake; I'm not accusing you of intentionally misrepresenting the facts. I'm just mentioning a small error. You seem to want to argue with things I have not said.
You clowns never stop trying to deflect away from what was said do you? But, like the poor marksman you are, you always miss the target.See ya troll.

You're the only one deflecting here. I haven't put forth any opinion on what the record low temperature means. I've only highlighted an error in wording. Is there some reason you are so adamantly refusing to admit you made a minor error?

You're the only one deflecting here. I haven't put forth any opinion on what the record low temperature means. I've only highlighted an error in wording. Is there some reason you are so adamantly refusing to admit you made a minor error?
I made no error, all I did was post a link to a story that has you all on the defensive. I apologize for triggering you. It was just supposed to be an informative article and I didn't misspell any words or leave any out.

4 days into the month of July and you lay that claim? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
I'm not claiming anything, all I did was post a link to a story that doesn't follow your global warming mantra and your all upset and triggered by it. Looks like there may be some truth to it. But hey, all you're doing is trying to get a negative reaction from me. Thanks, you take care.

I made no error, all I did was post a link to a story that has you all on the defensive. I apologize for triggering you. It was just supposed to be an informative article and I didn't misspell any words or leave any out.

I have not been defensive. You did, in fact, make an error in your thread title, leaving out the word "temperature," which changes the meaning. "Coldest July ever recorded in the northern hemisphere" is different than "Coldest July temperature ever recorded in the northern hemisphere." You seem unwilling or incapable of accepting that difference.

I have not been defensive. You did, in fact, make an error in your thread title, leaving out the word "temperature," which changes the meaning. "Coldest July ever recorded in the northern hemisphere" is different than "Coldest July temperature ever recorded in the northern hemisphere." You seem unwilling or incapable of accepting that difference.
grasping at straws.gif

The cold in the arctic has been building for weeks already. The fact that there have been three days in a row at or near -33 deg C in the height of summer is a stunning example of how the regions are cooling.

The wide swings of temp change at 35-55 lat are prime example of cooling. During the last cooling cycle, just before global temps plunged, had regional areas get very warm and then cool rapidly. The earths systems are again repeating themselves.

DENMARK - 03/16/2017
Rising temperatures mean shrinking villages in coastal Greenland

However, even the oldest people in Kulusuk are starting to leave. One of my friends, who is 60 years old, left for Denmark because she felt too lonely in the village.

"The ice is melting, so we can’t really teach our children our traditions"

Climate change explains a lot. Everything is changing rapidly. Now, it freezes over later in the year and the ice melts earlier. Winter is growing shorter. Because of these environmental changes, it is becoming difficult to pass on traditions to the children. For example, locals can no longer go to certain islands by sled because the ice isn’t solid or thick enough. It doesn’t extend far enough either. Residents are so used to doing everything on ice that they find it hard to adapt.

This year, the ice had all melted by mid-April. This is much earlier than usual and people feel quite disorientated. However, I do think that the locals are starting to connect what is happening in their village with the idea of global climate change. More and more researchers are coming to the region and asking the villagers questions about it.

I want to emphasise the fact that locals aren’t overly concerned about losing their traditions; they are just wondering how to adapt. The fear that climate change will destroy the culture of indigenous peoples is really more of a concern of educated people who don’t actually live in the Arctic.

The temperature of the ocean is slowly rising, which means that new species that local people are not used to hunting are moving into the waters around Greenland.

This is the real story of Greenland. A day's anomalous temperature, or even that of a week, is hardly a blip compared to the ongoing warming that is affecting everything in that land.

DENMARK - 03/16/2017

However, even the oldest people in Kulusuk are starting to leave. One of my friends, who is 60 years old, left for Denmark because she felt too lonely in the village.

"The ice is melting, so we can’t really teach our children our traditions"

Climate change explains a lot. Everything is changing rapidly. Now, it freezes over later in the year and the ice melts earlier. Winter is growing shorter. Because of these environmental changes, it is becoming difficult to pass on traditions to the children. For example, locals can no longer go to certain islands by sled because the ice isn’t solid or thick enough. It doesn’t extend far enough either. Residents are so used to doing everything on ice that they find it hard to adapt.

This year, the ice had all melted by mid-April. This is much earlier than usual and people feel quite disorientated. However, I do think that the locals are starting to connect what is happening in their village with the idea of global climate change. More and more researchers are coming to the region and asking the villagers questions about it.

I want to emphasise the fact that locals aren’t overly concerned about losing their traditions; they are just wondering how to adapt. The fear that climate change will destroy the culture of indigenous peoples is really more of a concern of educated people who don’t actually live in the Arctic.

The temperature of the ocean is slowly rising, which means that new species that local people are not used to hunting are moving into the waters around Greenland.

This is the real story of Greenland. A day's anomalous temperature, or even that of a week, is hardly a blip compared to the ongoing warming that is affecting everything in that land.

So they are not used to shorts and sandals?

Why did you post this? Sell them an ice cooler..

Nothing is wrong with me. Why are you so triggered?

Yep, called cycles-
Climate in Michigan and the Great Lakes region has varied markedly during past centuries and millennia as evidenced by a number of paleclimatological records. Instrumental measurement records of climatological variables during the past approximately 120 years allow more detailed identification and investigation of temporal and spatial trends in the state. Major trends across the state since the beginning of the 20 century are spatially consistent, and are temporally somewhat similar to larger scale global and hemisphere trends including warming temperatures from approximately 1900 to 1940, followed by a cooling trend from the early 1940’s to the late 1970’s which was in turn followed by a second warming trend that began around 1980 and has continued to the present.
page6image376

http://www.espp.msu.edu/climatechange/presentations/CCGL.Andresen.pdf
Looks like another day over 100 in my part of MI. I remember the day we never needed AC's in MI.

Forum List

Back