Judges & Tea Party Conservatives

Discussion in 'Tea Party' started by Flanders, Jun 29, 2015.

1. JakeStarkey

JakeStarkey BANNED Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,071
    Yes, Flanders, your worries are met with laughter.

2. Flanders

Flanders ARCHCONSERVATIVE

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,036
    The Colorado Supreme Court refused to hear the appeal of a Christian baker who refused to make wedding cakes for same-sex marriage ceremonies. The court’s decision Monday means the previous appellate court ruling against the Christian bakers will stand.​

Christian Baker Forced To Bake Gay Wedding Cakes Or Make No Wedding Cakes At All
    Photo of Casey Harper
    Casey Harper
    8:51 AM 04/26/2016

Christian Baker Forced To Bake Gay Wedding Cakes Or Make No Wedding Cakes At All

Lawyers should fight those cases on involuntary servitude because they will never win based religious freedom:
    The fact is that nobody in today’s government, including lawyers, will tamper with their authority to order a free people to perform the kind of work they must do, when they will do it, and the reason they must obey.

Basically, judicial priests are replacing individual moral choices with the morality of freaks, perverts, and criminals, wearing black robes.

3. JakeStarkey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,071
    You can make all the cakes you want, and when you hold the service out to the public if your state has PA laws, you are bound by them, bud.

4. Flanders

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,036
    To JakeStarkey: ASSHOLE. No law overrides the Constitution let alone a ruling by a judge.

Since you insist on making a fool of yourself, tell us why a bureaucrat placing a gag order on the Kleins is constitutional:

In addition to ruling the Kleins must pay $135,000, Avakian also ordered the former bakery owners to “cease and desist” from speaking publicly about not wanting to bake cakes for same-sex weddings based on their Christian beliefs.

“The Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries hereby orders [Aaron and Melissa Klein] to cease and desist from publishing, circulating, issuing or displaying, or causing to be published … any communication … to the effect that any of the accommodations … will be refused, withheld from or denied to, or that any discrimination be made against, any person on account of their sexual orientation,” Avakian wrote in the final order.

XXXXX

“There are aspects of their beliefs and of this case, including aspects of their religious beliefs about marriage, that if they were to share these things publicly, that the government could punish them, saying that it amounts to the equivalent of advertising their intention to continue engaging in illegal discrimination,” Klukowski said.

“That censors so much protected speech.”

The punishment for violating the order is “notoriously unspecific,” Klukowski added. Because of that, lawyers for the Kleins are treading carefully on what they allow their clients to do and say in public.

XXXXX

In reviewing the appeal, the Oregon Appeal Court will determine whether or not the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries violated the Kleins’ constitutional rights to religious freedom, free speech, and due process.

Oregon Bakers Continue Legal Fight, Challenging ‘Gag Order’
    Kelsey Harkness
    April 25, 2016

Oregon Bakers Challenge 'Gag Order’

5. JakeStarkey

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +51,071
    Flanders, you are a goof ball. Your interpretation is just that, yours, and no one has to abide by it. Yell and smell all you want, but there it is.

6. I amso IR

I amso IR "Well Yea, Duh"!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +474
    Where is the problem? The judge issued a cease and desist order. The business did so. Of their own decision I might add. There is not a cease and desist order written that must be honored if one feels they are correct in their stand. Liberals disrespect court rulings often. Why, the squeaking wheel gets the grease! Something conservatives have yet to learn. Think about it, both the cease and desist order and the Constitution are written on paper and if one can be ignored so can the other.

7. Flanders

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,036
    To I amso IR: Judges cannot ignore. At least they are not supposed to.

8. I amso IR

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +474
    Thank you for responding. However, Judges ignore with regularity. It is termed, "honor among thieves". Now were they to "cut the baby in half" there would be compliance with the law. Judges do not have a simple job, and they must decide what they feel is the best course of action. No doubt the judge did that in this case and the business followed his guidance. But they did not have to. Would there have been consequences, yes, but the fact remains, they did not have to, period! Of course that takes resources they probably do not have and the liberals do. The judge knew that and took a legal route out of the mess. But the fact remains, no one person can be issued a valid cease and desist, not when there are personal values at stake involving two different parties involved. President Obama has proven that over and over again and he is still President. Now go ahead Jake, lets hear your two cents worth.

9. Flanders

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,036
    To I amso IR: I do not doubt that judges place themselves above the law whenever it suits them. However, your interpretation of a judge’s authority flies in the face of A Nation of Laws, Not A nation of Men.

Frankly, I maintain that America is neither a nation of laws, nor a nation of men, but is actually a nation of lawyers.

Lawyers are the law. To be more precise judges are lawyers. After lawyers become judges, without benefit of legislation they somehow acquire the authority to tell LAW-ABIDING Americans how to behave. The way the Constitution itself is violated with impunity by all those lawyers in Congress, on the Supreme Court, and on every level of government, the law has become nothing more than law for lawyers.​

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I amso IR

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +474
    Perhaps so, but that is the least of my concerns. What I am qualified to say, is, they have you coming and going For every measure in your favor there is at least one not in your favor. Should that be the flavor of the day, too bad. But then again .....
    Good speaking with you. I amso IR