Judges...one reason why 2014 is so important...

I have seen no difference in the protection of our civil liberties regardless of whether the courts have been Republican leaning or Democratic leaning.

why then have most of the recent rulings by the Supreme Court been by a 5-4 margin by the same justices in every case - not exactly blind Justice.

oh, Dread Scott (circa 1799 – September 17, 1858) - Moreover, Scott's temporary residence outside Missouri did not bring about his emancipation under the Missouri Compromise, which the court ruled unconstitutional as it would improperly deprive Scott's owner of his legal property.

We the people elect our representatives based on our values and the government we want

Right now, conservatives and libertarians scare the hell out of people. Our courts will reflect that

Everything they do will impact you right along with the rest of us. And since conservatives and libertarians are smarter and more resourceful than you left wing loons, we will probably be impacted less than you will be.

Somehow, I think you will be a happy serf, singing in the fields as you try to earn a bowl of rice.

We the people elect our representatives based on our values and the government we want

Right now, conservatives and libertarians scare the hell out of people. Our courts will reflect that

Everything they do will impact you right along with the rest of us. And since conservatives and libertarians are smarter and more resourceful than you left wing loons, we will probably be impacted less than you will be.

Somehow, I think you will be a happy serf, singing in the fields as you try to earn a bowl of rice.

LOL......you quit so easy

Exactly...but at least our spoils are geared toward limiting government power...
When have Republicans actually limited government power?
You have to look at things in context. When republicans talk about limiting power, they aren't concerned with the rights of ordinary citizens. They want to limit the government's ability to provide oversight over business. So fining polluters is bad, but having torture prisons is OK.

Democrats say republicans want to tell you what you can do in the bedroom...sadly, the democrats want to tell you what to do everywhere else...and when they get done with that, they will then tell you what you can do in the bedroom....

" about corrupt judges forcing gay marriage on people" :lol:
Yes I'm sure the 7 million people in California who voted out of deep convictions [many hispanic catholics in California] that marriage cannot include gay people role-playing mom and dad are laughing hysterically that one gay judge took the power of their vote away via the initiative system....and was supported in the federal circuit by judges overruling Windsor 2013 from underneath.

And with equal hilarity I'm sure the county clerk in San Diego, CA is laughing until his ribs hurt at the fact that SCOTUS arbitrarily recently granted a county clerk from another state the right to halt gay marriages in his state based in the identical legal argument the San Diego clerk put out but was denied without an explanation...

Just hilarious good times and miscarriage of justice and sedition of democracy. I'm sure Hitler and his pals would've used laughing emoticons to rub salt in the wounds of those they were in the process of stripping the power from in the 1930s just prior to the rise of the 3rd Reicht.

Damn funny times, fascism...

Sil, yes, I get it. You do not understand our republican constitutional government and how it works.

This is not a Jacksonian democracy, has not been for many, many years.

Forum List

Back