Juan Williams Convinced Me I Want Condi Rice

Again, she screwed up at both her jobs. She has poor judgment, which trumps education and experience. Joe Biden is one of the most experienced politicians on the national scene. And he has been wrong since the Cold War on every issue.
Being female is not a qualification for any job except mother.

Don't whine.

Non-answer.
You can't defend her on any grounds other than she is female and black. If she were male and white you wouldn't want her.
That's no way to run a railroad.

Really? You're telling me what I would or would not want? How pathetic.

Don't whine.

Non-answer.
You can't defend her on any grounds other than she is female and black. If she were male and white you wouldn't want her.

Have you given a reason other than she is black and female? And smart doesn't count. Lots of people are smart. Paul Ryan is very smart.

I agree.

Condi Rice was in the thick of it for eight years. I think she would make a great VP or Prez as well.

I don't think she would accept either position though. She has a job she loves and she's out of the spotlight.

Good for her. Hope she enjoys her life sans the political bs.

Non-answer.

Have you given a reason other than she is black and female? And smart doesn't count. Lots of people are smart. Paul Ryan is very smart.

Ryan is a career politician. Condi isn't. I like people who are not driven by career... I prefer those who use their talents for something other than lining their pockets at my expense.

Ryan is a career politician. Condi isn't. I like people who are not driven by career... I prefer those who use their talents for something other than lining their pockets at my expense.

If she was SecState she is a politician.
Even so, we see how non-politicians do in political positions with Cain. A very good candidate with a lot going for him and one small incident and his campaign blew up.
And do you really want a re-hashing of all the Bush administration's foreign policy decisions? I could live without that. And it would distract from Romney's message.

Any chance of getting Colin Powell on this?

I dont want Colin Powell. I dont want Rice. I dont want JC Watts. I dont want anyone just because they are a minority. That is a stupid and patronizing way to pick a candidate.
Rice was a fuck up both as National Security advisor and SecState. And she's never run a political campaign. We see how that worked out with Cain.

Umm I didn't mention him just because he is a minority, I mentioned him because I think he would do a good job.

I didn't mention Condi simply because she was a minority and female (yet I will admit both make her appealing), rather I like her foreign policy experience, her strong will, her strong persona, not too mention her more socially moderate stance fits my political liking better!

Again, she screwed up at both her jobs. She has poor judgment, which trumps education and experience. Joe Biden is one of the most experienced politicians on the national scene. And he has been wrong since the Cold War on every issue.

....and let's not forget she's black, which according to you automatically disqualifies her.

STFU homo! He has said nothing of the sort. He disqualified her based I his perception of her record. Take your race baiting and shove it up your ass!

But Paul Ryan would be good one. He is an idea guy! I would be statisfied with him also!

I dont want Colin Powell. I dont want Rice. I dont want JC Watts. I dont want anyone just because they are a minority. That is a stupid and patronizing way to pick a candidate.
Rice was a fuck up both as National Security advisor and SecState. And she's never run a political campaign. We see how that worked out with Cain.

Umm I didn't mention him just because he is a minority, I mentioned him because I think he would do a good job.

I didn't mention Condi simply because she was a minority and female (yet I will admit both make her appealing), rather I like her foreign policy experience, her strong will, her strong persona, not too mention her more socially moderate stance fits my political liking better!

Powell had a good foreign policy, he told Bush about Iraq you break it you own it, he was right.

Powell had a good foreign policy, he told Bush about Iraq you break it you own it, he was right.

Powell sucked as SecState and let the establishment there run him. His views on Israel were dictated by his staff.
And he supported Obama. That pretty much rules him out period. Imagine the debate: Mr Powell, since you came out in support of Obama in 2008 why do you want to see him out of office now?
More drama we don't need.

But Paul Ryan would be good one. He is an idea guy! I would be statisfied with him also!

He is an 'ideas' guy... unfortunately, I disagree with many of his 'ideas'. But if he's on the ticket, I'll live with it. I just think Powell or Rice would be better.

Paul Ryan is not a deal breaker, but I would imagine many more favorable candidates are available.

....and let's not forget she's black, which according to you automatically disqualifies her.

STFU homo! He has said nothing of the sort. He disqualified her based I his perception of her record. Take your race baiting and shove it up your ass!

homo? Good one.

Juan Williams Convinced Me I Want Condi Rice

Yeah, so would the democrats, they’d love that – what better way to link Romney to Bush and his failed presidency. And voters would realize Rice is not the only Bush Era retread that might return; ‘Romney/Rice’ just might very well lose in a landslide.

No she was a fuck up at both jobs.

Agreed, just like her boss.

Powell sucked as SecState and let the establishment there run him. His views on Israel were dictated by his staff.

The entire Bush Administration was a disaster: illegal wars, squandered surplus, alienating foreign policy, civil rights violations, deficit spending, topped off with the worst economic crisis since the Great Depression.

Mostly untrue but you demonstrate my contention that Rice would just unleash a rehash of all the old issues from the Bush era. Good enough reason not pick her. And Romney is smarter than that. I hope.

Forum List

Back