Juan Cole: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Iran

It reads like he's Obama Middle East adviser. Amazing.

Nothing about how Iran is supplying IED to the Iraqi Insurgents and killing US soldiers. Nothing about how Iranian proxies tried to grab Basra.

It's like Jimmy Carter all over again.

Wait, I thought you just said we "won the war in Iraq"?

Why are soldiers still being killed in a war we won?

Soldiers are still being killed in Germany and Japan too.
Your point?

Nothing about how Iran is supplying IED to the Iraqi Insurgents and killing US soldiers. Nothing about how Iranian proxies tried to grab Basra.

Soldiers die in war. Your wars must come from Librul Fairytaleland.

Your point?

In General, a war is won exactly when the remants of the opposying site admits that they lost.

I am not aware of the "terrorists" admitting defeat, therefor the war is not won.

Your point?

In General, a war is won exactly when the remants of the opposying site admits that they lost.

I am not aware of the "terrorists" admitting defeat, therefor the war is not won.

What terrorists? We waged war against Saddam Hussein and his regime. He cannot admit defeat currently because he is rotting in the ground. I guess we never defeated Hitler y'sh either since he didnt admit it.

Germany admited defeat at the 8th of May when they signed an unconditional surrender.
Hitler commited suicide claiming that "the time of the Aryan race is over, other races will now supplant it".

a fairly clear cut case of admitting defeat if you ask me.

Germany admited defeat at the 8th of May when they signed an unconditional surrender.
Hitler commited suicide claiming that "the time of the Aryan race is over, other races will now supplant it".

Dodge.

Forgot to mention that Iran has the largest Jewish population in the middle east outside of Israel.

The Iranian Jews where offered cash and various incentives to immigrate to Israel.

Almost everyone refused the offer, stating that they were perfectly happy and safe living in Iran.

Iran even has jews who are repesentaves in their parliment, and are specificly protected by the Iranian constitution.

Unlike Iraq, who, with American support, made "Islam" the "national religion" and states in Ariticle 2 that all legislation is based on "Islam". Supposedly, Islam doens't practice "forcecd conversion", but it's become pretty standard:

My area used to be 80 percent Christian, but is now 5 percent. My church is still there, but very few people go now. There was a time when we had to change our mass schedules on Saturdays because everyone knows Christians go to mass on Sundays, and they were an easy target.

There used to be Christian households lined along the street, but now it is only one every street. Even those people will go soon. In 10 years there won’t be a single Christian in Iraq, I think. Maybe less than 10 years. Even if they are not leaving Iraq completely, some of them will relocate up north. I think Baghdad, the center of Iraq and the south will be Christian-free.

Leaving Iraq: An Iraqi Christian - At War Blog - NYTimes.com

Until our invasion of Iraq, the 1.4 million large Christian population in Iraq (7% of the population) was one of the oldest, large, healthy minority population anywhere in the world. It was/is one of the oldest Christian populations anywhere in the world. They enjoyed a above average economic life. Today they are seriously facing possible extinction, primarily through exodus.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/ci...iraqi-christian-population-facing-extinction/

Post-Saddam Iraq
Iraqi women and girls have fewer rights than men and are now
even more vulnerable. By mid-July, 25 credible abduction and rape
reports had been filed with U.S. and Iraqi authorities. Women and
girls are abducted in broad daylight in crowded public areas. Many
stay inside their homes for weeks, venturing out only in the company
of male relatives. They fear going to work, going to school, or even
attending family funerals. School attendance dropped dramatically in
Baghdad. It is slowly increasing as parents arrange for girls to travel
in large groups or with male relatives.

Christians
joyfully celebrated the fall of
Saddam Hussein and looked
forward with hope to freedom
and democracy. Ironically,
many of them now believe
they were better off - and
safer - under Hussein.

http://www.lcms.org/ca/worldrelief/resources/mercynotes/MercyNotes I-11.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:

Dodge.

You ask wether WW2 is not over because Hitler is dead instead of admitting defeat.
I awnsered that Hitler admitted defeat both by and prior to his suicide, and that the german gouverment followed 8 days later.

Your enemy in Iraq is a popular insurecction, supported be other states, which is far away from admitting defeat. That Sadamms conventional forces are a non issue was clear from the get go.
You may be aware of other examples where, after the gouverment officially fell, partisan or resistance units kept fighting and, eventually winning. In cases like Tito they even did so without a lot of foreign support.

Forgot to mention that Iran has the largest Jewish population in the middle east outside of Israel.

The Iranian Jews where offered cash and various incentives to immigrate to Israel.

Almost everyone refused the offer, stating that they were perfectly happy and safe living in Iran.

Iran even has jews who are repesentaves in their parliment, and are specificly protected by the Iranian constitution.
The Iranians have killed well over nine million Jews in the past 1400 years. Some estimates have the number at ten to eleven million.

Forum List

Back