JonBenet Ramsey's Father Wants The Case Reopened

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Isn't murdering anybody though considered a federal offense when it's not out of defense? (Then it isn't considered murder though.)

No.

There is no statute of limitations on murder. There comes a time when all things have to come to an end.

I'm just going by memory but wasn't there an issue where it was determined that the parents were responsible for a bogus ransom note?

No, they cleared them when DNA was of an unknown male on her underwear. However, they still don't know if it has to do with the crime, or somebody in the factory that the underwear was bought from so it is incredibly possible for them to reopen the case.

You referred to murder as a federal offense.

18 U.S. Code § 1111 - Murder​

(a)
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought. Every murder perpetrated by poison, lying in wait, or any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing; or committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery; or perpetrated as part of a pattern or practice of assault or torture against a child or children; or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed, is murder in the first degree.
Any other murder is murder in the second degree.
(b)
Within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States,
Whoever is guilty of murder in the first degree shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for life;
Whoever is guilty of murder in the second degree, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.

18 U.S. Code § 1111 - Murder​

(a)
Murder is the unlawful killing of a human being with malice aforethought. Every murder perpetrated by poison, lying in wait, or any other kind of willful, deliberate, malicious, and premeditated killing; or committed in the perpetration of, or attempt to perpetrate, any arson, escape, murder, kidnapping, treason, espionage, sabotage, aggravated sexual abuse or sexual abuse, child abuse, burglary, or robbery; or perpetrated as part of a pattern or practice of assault or torture against a child or children; or perpetrated from a premeditated design unlawfully and maliciously to effect the death of any human being other than him who is killed, is murder in the first degree.
Any other murder is murder in the second degree.
(b)
Within the special maritime and territorial jurisdiction of the United States,
Whoever is guilty of murder in the first degree shall be punished by death or by imprisonment for life;
Whoever is guilty of murder in the second degree, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life.
Read that, slower this time. Murder CAN be a federal offense, see how, you posted it. Murders that do not have these characteristics is NOT a federal offense. Referring to murder as a federal offense is in error since obviously, not all murders are a federal offense. The murder of Jon Benet Ramsay is not a federal offense.

The reason the father wants to reopen the investigation is because almost everyone believes he's the murderer and that's hard to live with.

If you didn't know WTF I meant by a ransom note, why did waste time by responding with DNA evidence?

I know what a ransom note is, all I meant is that I didn't understand the situation regarding it.

Forum List

Back