Jon Stewart Backs Ron Paul up?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Avorysuds, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    So after seeing this video of Jon Stewart standing up for Ron Paul it seems the Media is having to pull their foot out of their collative mouth. When I first saw the clip I showed my GF and we both thought it was very funny and true, of course we both asked ourselves if Jon Stewart is a closet Ron Paul supporter but that is yet to been seen in our opinions.

At first I didn’t think anything of it but apparently it is true, the media is reacting to Jon Stewarts clip about Ron Paul. Normally I would assume if I heard someone talking as I am now that they are just trying to make up some sort of hype, but taking a closer looks seems to show a real “well fuck me” moment for much of the media.

Jon Stewart Clip: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlhFZFrR8DQ]Jon Stewart Defends Ron Paul From Ridiculous Media Coverup - YouTube[/ame]

The Media:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy8EL3t4MEk]"Ron Paul Is Getting A Tremendous Amount Of Coverage For Someone That's Never Going To Be President" - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUnEXL-m3DQ]Fox News Doing a Little Damage Control on Ron Paul Blackout - YouTube[/ame]

I’m wondering other people feeling on this, could this be a moment for Ron Paul? Jon reaches millions of people so this attention and reaction might be a big lift for Ron Paul IMO.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  2. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Yeah I noticed that "coincidentally" after Stewart's segment the media is back to mentioning Paul once again. Cafferty even did one of his segments on Ron Paul, though in all honesty I think Cafferty might be a Ron Paul supporter. I think it was yesterday when they cut to him on the Situation Room that out of nowhere he mentioned that "We should also remember that Ron Paul came in second in the Ames Straw Poll, a very close second.

3. Modbert

Modbert Daydream Believer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,962
    :lol:

4. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    Sorry I didn't see the other thread on this topic.

5. Auxous

Auxous BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29
    It looks like Stewart support Paul more than the Republican commentators did. Fox gave him coverage, but it was focusing on how he was un-electable, instead of debating his views.

Jon Stewart: "There goes crazy uncle Ron, babbling about the unsustainability of multiple wars....:cuckoo:"

It is amazing that this is what "limited government republicans" don't like about him. They give lip service to limited government while they preach an empire.

6. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    Stewart and the other libtards pray Paul or Bachmann win the nomination. Those two guarantee Obama wins by a landslide.

Economic geniuses like Romney, Cain and Perry would mop the floor with Obama!

Paul has no shot he always does good in these things, because he has nutjob, but highly active supporters!

7. Avorysuds

Avorysuds Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,141
    I don't care if RP lost to Obama in the GE if he makes it that far, it's the message... Neocons and Progressives need to go or we will all be paying for it.

If anything I hope RP destroys the Republican parties chances of winning in the GE if he does not win. Why would I want someone like Mitt over Obama... Really?

The best part is you can love Cain/Mitt/Rick all you like, but there is a very good chance RP fuckes them big time in the GE and I'll be loling all the way =D

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  8. Auxous

Auxous BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29

pffftt.....I almost spat my drink out....:lol:

9. Kevin_Kennedy

Kevin_Kennedy Defend Liberty

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,027
    Yeah, real economic geniuses there. :rolleyes:

The polls indicate that only Mitt Romney stacks up against Obama better than Paul, so you're wrong there.

10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931

I will admit Radical Paul is getting a raw deal in the mainstream media, along with talk radio, liberal and conservative bloggers and the liberal newspapers! It's not fair or good journalism, but I personally think he is the worst of the candidates, including Obama so I am not overly upset by it. I mean Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate who could make me cast a vote for Obama. My man Herman Cain gets screwed over by the media just the same. He is an idea man and he gets much less airtime and questions in every debate!