join or die

Discussion in 'Politics' started by washamericom, Aug 15, 2010.

1. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    nothin to do with obama..... just a gentle reminder of how we came to be america. i was watching "john adams" for the second time, it's an incredible production. the T party today is sort of a misnamed movement. it doesn't really apply to an internal political direction in one's own country. we were british subjects at the time of "join or die". what an amazing time that was.
    we need to get back to a time where the biggest threat to our way of life isn't our own government, and if it is, then to get past the threat, whatever it takes . this will be one of the most interesting elections we've had. i think that the ones most surprised may be obama reid and "bigger jet " pelosi. i hope so

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  2. 2Parties

2Parties Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +123
    lmao best site ever.

+rep.

3. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    ....And, now....we've got the Teabaggers playin' the role o' Tories (to the 1%ers/corporate-America), because the 'Baggers are convinced those-with-the-mo$t-buck$ ALWAYS win....much like the Tories of the 1700s.

No balls, no Glory.....'Baggers.

:eusa_hand:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  4. AquaAthena

AquaAthena INTJ/ INFJ

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,342
    John Adams was a great series. I learned much. Most historical documentaries can be rented on Netflix, including the one mentioned. I think I have seen them all. They have restored a great sense of patriotism so needed now. The sacrifices that led to our freedom and liberty, cannot be destroyed by anti-American leaders and followers.

5. washamericom

washamericom Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,701
    nicely put, thank you. most local libraries have it or will get it if asked. i hope they do some more series, i'd love to see the story through franklin's eyes, washington, etc. it does rekindle patriotism and a much needed time