John Wicke 2

No joke. There isn't a movie made that is believable. The first John Wick wasn't, why would you think the second one would be? I watched both and enjoyed them. Didn't need to have a running dialog with Myself on what was and what was not possible.

Hell, if it had to be believable, none of the Marvel series would have been any good. None of the Star Trek, none of the Star Wars, none of the Tolkien movies.

Movies and entertainment is escapism. Accept it.

Really Darkwind?
Obviously when you watch just about any movie you have to suspend reality.
Yeah...we pretty much know Dath Vader is not real. :rolleyes:
In the world the movie creates for you - it needs to be believable.
In Star Wars, if Darth Vader suddenly started eating a popsicle while singing "The Hills are Alive with Music"...it would kind of ruin the setting now wouldn't it??
So, the first clue (John Wick) wasn't enough for you to think, "Wow, that was unbelievable". It was for Me. The next movie does the same and now you want to complain that its not believable.

Understand now?

None of it is believable. All movies require you to suspend belief. What you describe with Darth Vader is a character going out of character. In John Wick 2, the character is some super badass killer who cannot be stopped. That is in character with the first movie.

Y'all need to take Hollywood and their product as entertainment and leave it at that. A movie goes over the top, then just enjoy it.

The we will agree to disagree.
When I watch a movie I know I have to suspend reality...but to my point, if in Star Wars simply because Lucas wanted to - Darth Vader would start wearing pink and purple polka dotted outfits...by your logic...no one should be upset, it's Hollywood...just enjoy it.
No
No matter how fantastical a plot, the quality of the movie really comes down to how well it placed you in the creators world...take Conjuring and Conjuring 2. Both supposedly based on real stories, but you know darn well going into it that it is make believe...and that is ok, because the quality of the writing/set detail/CGI/lighting etc. etc. - all add to make the movie believable.

Forum List

Back