John Lennon

• Banned
The two of them made musical miracles, and Paul is another musical idol of mine. But I'm more on the rock side. On piano, I try to play both of their styles and songs. As well as all Beatles! :)

• Banned
My fav John song as a Beatle... is hard to pick, but this one is surely on the list....

• Banned
But this is prob my favorite John/Beatle song. This is post-Beatles, with Eric Clapton.

Last edited:
Don't forget his contribution to the N.R.A.; "Happiness is a Warm Gun".

Again, another fav by John... so many!

This is the toughest one and the hardest to say in public, mainly because Lennon’s murderer (above) cited it as his primary motive, but that doesn’t make it any less true: Lennon was a perfect example of someone who lived by the hypocritical dictum of “do as I say, not as I do.” As his critics sometimes point out, all you have to do is go straight to his songs. The man who sang “imagine no possessions” lived a millionaire’s life in a posh New York hotel. The man who sang “imagine no religion” was obsessed with every spiritual and New Age fad that came his way, including Hindu meditation, the I-Ching, and astrology of all kinds. The man who sang “all you need is love” was a bitter, violent, and angry man who abused his family and friends. The man who praised having “nothing to kill or die for” helped finance and publicize radical groups who extolled the use of violence. Quite literally everything his fans see personified in the icon of John Lennon are ideals the man himself either couldn’t or wouldn’t live up to.

Always preferred the Stones, though there was a lot of genius in the Beatles.

Heros don't need to be created; they are recognized (and very rare; i.e., Buddha, Lao Tzu, Jesus).

Forum List

Back