John Edwards' downward spiral looks like it isn't done yet.

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- His once-prominent political career is buried and the turmoil of his marriage is playing out in public. Now, John Edwards is facing a federal inquiry.

The two-time Democratic presidential candidate acknowledged Sunday that investigators are assessing how he spent his campaign funds - a subject that could carry his extramarital affair from the tabloids to the courtroom. Edwards' political action committee paid more than $100,000 for video production to the firm of the woman with whom Edwards had an affair.

The former North Carolina senator said in a carefully worded statement that he is cooperating.

"I am confident that no funds from my campaign were used improperly," Edwards said in the statement. "However, I know that it is the role of government to ensure that this is true. We have made available to the United States both the people and the information necessary to help them get the issue resolved efficiently and in a timely matter."

Continued

The sad thing about Edwards as he could've really been something special. I think he was better than both Hillary and Barack

The best thing Mr Edwards ever did for the state of NC was run for President.
In NC you can't keep your senate seat if you are campaigning for the presidency.
He did all North Carolinian's a favor by vacating his seat in the senate.
He's a worthless bag of snot.

I'm thinking as long as the Dems are in power Edwards can rest easy..

The sad thing about Edwards as he could've really been something special. I think he was better than both Hillary and Barack

That speaks volumes about your judgment of character. Edwards is a trial lawyer who made his fortune by jacking up the costs of our medical treatments. Every time you go to buy your medicine, remember that Edwards helped the price of that go up, and remember that there are thousands more lawyers like him every day trying to make a penny by costing it to you.

You don't cheat on your wife.

Bottom line.

I saw the title to this thread and thought .... "What the hell did that phony psychic do now?"

Red in the face now ... LOL

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) -- His once-prominent political career is buried and the turmoil of his marriage is playing out in public. Now, John Edwards is facing a federal inquiry.

The two-time Democratic presidential candidate acknowledged Sunday that investigators are assessing how he spent his campaign funds - a subject that could carry his extramarital affair from the tabloids to the courtroom. Edwards' political action committee paid more than $100,000 for video production to the firm of the woman with whom Edwards had an affair.

The former North Carolina senator said in a carefully worded statement that he is cooperating.

"I am confident that no funds from my campaign were used improperly," Edwards said in the statement. "However, I know that it is the role of government to ensure that this is true. We have made available to the United States both the people and the information necessary to help them get the issue resolved efficiently and in a timely matter."

Continued

You know the proverb: The mills of the gods grind slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine.

This story is soap-opera material.

I don't see how they can convict Edwards after Fred Baron says he gave the money:

"The former campaign finance chairman for John Edwards said Wednesday that he thought tabloid reports that Edwards had an affair with campaign videographer Rielle Hunter were untrue when he paid to relocate her and another campaign worker and his family to California last year."
Edwards story had met doubts - John Edwards - News & Observer

What's that you say, put Baron on the witness stand? Gonna be tough:

"Frederick M. "Fred" Baron, the plaintiff's lawyer who amassed a fortune that he used to rejuvenate the Democratic Party in Texas, died Thursday at his Dallas home of complications of cancer. He was 61. "
Democratic fundraiser, famed tort king Fred Baron dies | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Breaking News for Dallas-Fort Worth | Dallas Morning News

I saw the title to this thread and thought .... "What the hell did that phony psychic do now?"

Red in the face now ... LOL

He's an ambulance chasing bag of snot, just when you think he can't sink any lower, he will.

Quick,
Name two bottom feeding scum suckers.

John Edwards and a catfish.

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

NO - Edwards has always been a huge phony.

The truth of his own fabrications has finally caught up to him...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back