Joe Walsh - Oh, BURN!!!

BDBoop

Platinum Member
Jul 20, 2011
Don't harsh my zen, Jen!
Town Hall Attendee Tells GOP Rep. Joe Walsh: ‘Let’s Tax The Rich’ | ThinkProgress

At a Thursday town hall meeting in Wauconda, Illinois, Tea Party Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) railed against defense cuts and entitlement programs, telling attendees that Americans refuse to have a discussion about how best to rein in the nation’s deficit and debt. But when Walsh asked how Americans planned to pay for those programs, he was caught off guard by a quick answer from one of the event’s attendees:

WALSH: This country, for years, has put off the discussion, how are we going to pay for that? Let’s have the discussion!

MAN: Let’s tax the rich.

WALSH: Let’s tax the rich, they say! (Applause) All I’m saying is —

MAN: We used to!

WALSH: Don’t know where you’re going to get the money.

And over on Twitter,

BREAKING: Rep. Joe Walsh has asked S&P to downgrade his child support payments to match his character.

IRS: Not enough rich to cover the deficit

Soak the rich, eh?

They do not have the money.
A report from the Internal Revenue Service found that the rich — 8,274 people with incomes of $10 million per year or more — earned a total of $240 billion in 2009.

Even of you confiscated every dime they earned, you would barely have enough money to cover government spending for 24 days.

Of course, about a quarter of that money already goes to the federal government for federal income. So make that 18 days.

Another 227,000 people earned $1 million or more in 2009.

Millionaires averaged taxes of 24.4% of their income — up from 23.1% in 2008.

They, too, did not earn enough money to come anywhere close to covering the annual deficits that are $1.5 trillion a year.

Individual tax collections totaled $1,175,422,000,000 in 2009 — or 15.4% of all income.

Doubling federal income taxes for everyone would still leave us $400 billion or so shy of balancing the budget.

Soak the rich, eh?

A report from the Internal Revenue Service found that the rich — 8,274 people with incomes of $10 million per year or more — earned a total of $240 billion in 2009.

Even of you confiscated every dime they earned, you would barely have enough money to cover government spending for 24 days.

Of course, about a quarter of that money already goes to the federal government for federal income. So make that 18 days.

They, too, did not earn enough money to come anywhere close to covering the annual deficits that are $1.5 trillion a year.

Individual tax collections totaled $1,175,422,000,000 in 2009 — or 15.4% of all income.

Doubling federal income taxes for everyone would still leave us $400 billion or so shy of balancing the budget.

Please don't interject facts into the scapegoating of others. It's much easier to pretend we can solve our problems by pointing the finger of blame at others.

Soak the rich, eh?

Please don't interject facts into the scapegoating of others. It's much easier to pretend we can solve our problems by pointing the finger of blame at others.

too funny

I must admit, it is nice when you can bang them right out of the gate
:eusa_whistle:

Soak the rich, eh?

It wouldn't be enough?

So let's take everything they own!

/Progressive

Look at the posts underneath the video. They're hilarious.

The day after the Teabirthers "won", I said that I couldn't wait until all those Republicans get back to their "constituents". That the end of this year was going to be "hilarious" and already it's started.

USMB board Republicans don't understand that when 80%, or more, of Americans want taxes raised on the rich, they aren't kidding. It's time for the GOP to start treating all Americans equally and stop pandering to rich people who only see you as crawling, simpering sycophants.

syc·o·phant - ass kisser, toady, apple polisher, bootlicker, fawner, groveler, cringer, brown noser, yes man, adulator

• Banned

The day after the Teabirthers "won", I said that I couldn't wait until all those Republicans get back to their "constituents". That the end of this year was going to be "hilarious" and already it's started.

USMB board Republicans don't understand that when 80%, or more, of Americans want taxes raised on the rich, they aren't kidding. It's time for the GOP to start treating all Americans equally and stop pandering to rich people who only see you as crawling, simpering sycophants.

syc·o·phant - ass kisser, toady, apple polisher, bootlicker, fawner, groveler, cringer, brown noser, yes man, adulator

It's going to be an interesting election, that's for sure!

Town Hall Attendee Tells GOP Rep. Joe Walsh: ‘Let’s Tax The Rich’ | ThinkProgress

At a Thursday town hall meeting in Wauconda, Illinois, Tea Party Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) railed against defense cuts and entitlement programs, telling attendees that Americans refuse to have a discussion about how best to rein in the nation’s deficit and debt. But when Walsh asked how Americans planned to pay for those programs, he was caught off guard by a quick answer from one of the event’s attendees:

WALSH: This country, for years, has put off the discussion, how are we going to pay for that? Let’s have the discussion!

And over on Twitter,

BREAKING: Rep. Joe Walsh has asked S&P to downgrade his child support payments to match his character.
Is it a crime for Joe Walsh to have stupid constituents... if that moron was even a constituent of his?

Your numbers smell like poo again, Hairnet. Are you pulling them out of your ass or the grease trap at your work?

Soak the rich, eh?

It wouldn't be enough?

So let's take everything they own!

/Progressive
And still fall 400 billion short of this year's deficit? Naw. That won't have any adverse affects on everything else now, would it?

That would just be an event occurring in a vacuum.

And over on Twitter,

Illinois loves big tax increases. That's why their companies are considering moving to California for the lower tax rates and less onerous regulation.

And over on Twitter,

Is it a crime for Joe Walsh to have stupid constituents... if that moron was even a constituent of his?

It is a crime to not pay child support. And I suspect that "moron" was most definitely a "Republican".

Your numbers smell like poo again, Hairnet. Are you pulling them out of your ass or the grease trap at your work?

Another poll found that in swing states nearly 80% of respondents approved of tax hikes to individuals making over $1 million, with some approving tax hikes for those making over $150,000.

Yes, Tax the Wealthy @PolicyMic

Billionaires pay a measly 18%. It's because every Republican politician is "owned". The base screams, "OH, YOU WANT TO TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY".

Such Drama Queens.

How would you like to pay 5% tax on everything you buy and or use? From hairdressers, barbers, taxis to toilet paper? Equality.

Make your taxes fair and balanced. Make everybody pay. I for one hate it. But at least I know everyone else is getting as screwed as I am. And this is on top of sales taxes via provinces (like a state only way bigger)

Here's a great example of what Ontario did. They harmonized goods and services taxes and sales taxes and now the tax at the pump went from 5% to 13% (liberal government). Everybody pays this tax.

Bet 80% of Americans if polled on this would disagree with a fair tax. Even though 50% of Americans don't pay taxes whatsoever except for sales taxes.

If you want taxes, be careful what you are wishing for.

Now to the GOP and pandering to the rich. Look up what Geithner did for Wall Street. Take a break from slamming R's and really go look up what Timmy did in the bail out.

AND what everybody seems to forget is that Congress a DEMOCRAT Congress was in charge of the bail out money. And in charge of who got what.

Democrats and the wealthy on Wall Street.

Get real kid.

Last edited:
Let's eat the rich!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h45WnW0ASFY]‪Motorhead-Eat the Rich‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Another poll found that in swing states nearly 80% of respondents approved of tax hikes to individuals making over $1 million, with some approving tax hikes for those making over $150,000.

Billionaires pay a measly 18%. It's because every Republican politician is "owned". The base screams, "OH, YOU WANT TO TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY".

Such Drama Queens.

Why did the Democrats bail out Wall Street?

Such Drama Queens.

Because the Republicans were crying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOS1CC6V5I]‪THE BAILOUT: GOP Leader John Boehner - Put Country First - Vote Yes‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And lets face it..no one wants to see a grown man cry! :(

2. What income group pays the most federal income taxes today?

The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul*dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per*cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don’t include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare..

EDIT TO ADD LINK: http://www.american.com/archive/200...zine-contents/guess-who-really-pays-the-taxes

So the figures are that the top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. That means the rest of America is loaded with parasites I guess.

Especially if you want the top ten to pay more.Talk about greed.

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd witness a commie thought process in the U.S.

Last edited:

Such Drama Queens.

Because the Republicans were crying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOS1CC6V5I]‪THE BAILOUT: GOP Leader John Boehner - Put Country First - Vote Yes‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And lets face it..no one wants to see a grown man cry! :(

Who was in charge of the bailout money? As we've recently seen, the President isn't in charge of the bucks.

So who was in charge of the bailout money? Who really gave big business all the money?

Is this how Obama got all his $$$$ for the election?

Forum List

Back