Joe Walsh - Oh, BURN!!!

2. What income group pays the most federal income taxes today?

The latest data show that a big portion of the federal income tax burden is shoul*dered by a small group of the very richest Americans. The wealthiest 1 percent of the population earn 19 per*cent of the income but pay 37 percent of the income tax. The top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. Meanwhile, the bottom 50 percent—those below the median income level—now earn 13 percent of the income but pay just 3 percent of the taxes. These are proportions of the income tax alone and don’t include payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare.

So the figures are that the top 10 percent pay 68 percent of the tab. That means the rest of America is loaded with parasites I guess.

Especially if you want the top ten to pay more.Talk about greed.

Never thought I'd see the day when I'd witness a commie thought process in the U.S.

Link?

It's doubtful they are paying 68 percent of the tab.

And 1% of Americans control 40% of America's wealth.

They didn't get that on their own.

They got that using the majority of American services (Courts, IT tech, R&D, Law enforcement, etc), infrastructure ( Bridges, roads, telecommunications) and through government contracts, tax cuts/holidays, and grants.

The least they could do is pay in their fair share.

Last edited:
Why did the Democrats bail out Wall Street?

Because the Republicans were crying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOS1CC6V5I]‪THE BAILOUT: GOP Leader John Boehner - Put Country First - Vote Yes‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And lets face it..no one wants to see a grown man cry! :(

Who was in charge of the bailout money? As we've recently seen, the President isn't in charge of the bucks.

So who was in charge of the bailout money? Who really gave big business all the money?

Is this how Obama got all his $$$$ for the election?

TARP was originated by the Bush administration.

If you listen to Boehner, he said he left out everything the Democrats wanted in.

Like..accountability.

Another approach is for the government to create an economic environment that forces wealthy people to invest in higher risk investments.

Higher taxation could be a part of that, but it's not the only way. Protectist policies would help.

The fact is that the current economic environment provide too much profit and too little risk. Wealthy people do not have to take risk so they stick with highly secure investments.

Risk is part of capitalism.

Business expansion is a risk, R&D investment is a risk. Only when profits on secure investments are small do the wealthy invest in expansion.

Everyone prefers security - only when you eliminate security will this economy grow.

IRS: Not enough rich to cover the deficit
Soak the rich, eh?

They do not have the money.
A report from the Internal Revenue Service found that the rich — 8,274 people with incomes of $10 million per year or more — earned a total of $240 billion in 2009.

Even of you confiscated every dime they earned, you would barely have enough money to cover government spending for 24 days.

Of course, about a quarter of that money already goes to the federal government for federal income. So make that 18 days.

Another 227,000 people earned $1 million or more in 2009.

Millionaires averaged taxes of 24.4% of their income — up from 23.1% in 2008.

They, too, did not earn enough money to come anywhere close to covering the annual deficits that are $1.5 trillion a year.
Individual tax collections totaled $1,175,422,000,000 in 2009 — or 15.4% of all income.

Doubling federal income taxes for everyone would still leave us $400 billion or so shy of balancing the budget.
It wouldn't be enough?

So let's take everything they own!

/Progressive
And still fall 400 billion short of this year's deficit? Naw. That won't have any adverse affects on everything else now, would it?

That would just be an event occurring in a vacuum.
Leftist strategery: Ready, fire, aim.

Naturally the corporate toadies and tools cannot admit that most Americans get that they are being screwed.

We see this every day on this board.

When confronted with a reality that they do not like, they change the subject and attack the messenger.

This is why this nation is becoming a police state.

Nations with enormous income and opportunity descrepancies have very little choice but to put more and more guardians of the status quo on the streets.

When enough people have no hope of making it legitimately, some percentage of them turn to crime.

When injustice and a lack of economic opportunity gets too bad, things just stop working very well.

the nation goes into decline further exascerbating the problem for the average citizen.

This is, I suspect, the path we are on today.

Social indicators like number of prisoners, number of people needing help from the state, unemployment rates, divorces, suicides, bankriptsies, property condemnations, tell us the real story.

No amount of propaganda can hide those grim statistics for long.

The jig is up.

The natives are growing increasingly restless.

Our solution?

Hire more cops, put more people in jail and monitor the people to identify and marginalize those who might be able to rally the people to change things.

Welcome to the 21st century.

A LOT like every other century, really, only with better techology.

Last edited:
Another approach is for the government to create an economic environment that forces wealthy people to invest in higher risk investments.

Higher taxation could be a part of that, but it's not the only way. Protectist policies would help.

The fact is that the current economic environment provide too much profit and too little risk. Wealthy people do not have to take risk so they stick with highly secure investments.

Business expansion is a risk, R&D investment is a risk. Only when profits on secure investments are small do the wealthy invest in expansion.

Everyone prefers security - only when you eliminate security will this economy grow.

Why would you want to force people to do anything?
How about creating an economic environment where people WANT to invest? A radical idea, I know. But it works.

Why did the Democrats bail out Wall Street?

Because the Republicans were crying.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVOS1CC6V5I]‪THE BAILOUT: GOP Leader John Boehner - Put Country First - Vote Yes‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

And lets face it..no one wants to see a grown man cry! :(

Who was in charge of the bailout money? As we've recently seen, the President isn't in charge of the bucks.

So who was in charge of the bailout money? Who really gave big business all the money?

Is this how Obama got all his $$$$ for the election?

WHY YES, yes it is.

Who goes around saying, OH BURN

someone in high school? so people came to a town hall and cried, tax the RICH.

is this some kind of stop the press remarks?

good grief, the pettiness

and this article is from THINKPROGRESS, take with not a shred of truth in it folks.

Last edited:
Hairnet said:
Another poll found that in swing states nearly 80% of respondents approved of tax hikes to individuals making over $1 million, with some approving tax hikes for those making over $150,000.

Yes, Tax the Wealthy @PolicyMic

Billionaires pay a measly 18%. It's because every Republican politician is "owned". The base screams, "OH, YOU WANT TO TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY".

Such Drama Queens.

Who the fuck do you think you're fooling, Hairnet?

I did some research on this vaunted poll of yours, and burried 3 links deep, I finally found the poll AND it's internal numbers.

First your link is to a blog which only does a single line reference to a Huffypoo piece which also only does a single line reference to this poll. So I pulled it out and this is what I found.

PCCC/DFA/Credo/MoveOn poll -- Budget issues in swing states | Progressive Change Campaign Committee

Love who the poll was commissioned by. That won't have ANY affect on who they called or how they did their polling. Nooooooo...

Polls were done by Public Policy Polling (PPP) in late April and early May. Commissioned by: Progressive Change Campaign Committee, Democracy for America, MoveOn.org, Credo Action. Methodology information is at the bottom on this page.
So I go to the methodology info, and there I find only that it was 1000 -1500 person samples in each of 4 midwest/mountain states over a month's time. No indicator of what the respondant's political leanings are to help combat bias. No attempt made to balance views.

Your poll has been confirmed not only to smell like poo, but to be outright bullshit of the most festering order.

Care to lie some more with obviously biased polls?

Last edited:
Naturally the corporate toadies and tools cannot admit that most Americans get that they are being screwed.

We see this every day on this board.

When confronted with a reality that they do not like, they change the subject and attack the messenger.

This is why this nation is becoming a police state.

Nations with enormous income and opportunity descrepancies have very little choice but to put more and more guardians of the status quo on the streets.

When enough people have no hope of making it legitimately, some percentage of them turn to crime.

When injustice and a lack of economic opportunity gets too bad, things just stop working very well.

the nation goes into decline further exascerbating the problem for the average citizen.

This is, I suspect, the path we are on today.

Social indicators like number of prisoners, number of people needing help from the state, unemployment rates, divorces, suicides, bankriptsies, property condemnations, tell us the real story.

No amount of propaganda can hide those grim statistics for long.

The jig is up.

The natives are growing increasingly restless.

Our solution?

Hire more cops, put more people in jail and monitor the people to identify and marginalize those who might be able to rally the people to change things.

Welcome to the 21st century.

A LOT like every other century, really, only with better techology.
4000ish people polled in 4 states by a collection of radical leftwing political activists is not "Most Americans". But you're right. the jig IS up on this lie.

How about creating an economic environment where people WANT to invest? A radical idea, I know. But it works.

Yep.

Sure does.

As FDR and Bill Clinton so brilliantly illustrated.

Look at the posts underneath the video. They're hilarious.

The day after the Teabirthers "won", I said that I couldn't wait until all those Republicans get back to their "constituents". That the end of this year was going to be "hilarious" and already it's started.

USMB board Republicans don't understand that when 80%, or more, of Americans want taxes raised on the rich, they aren't kidding. It's time for the GOP to start treating all Americans equally and stop pandering to rich people who only see you as crawling, simpering sycophants.

syc·o·phant - ass kisser, toady, apple polisher, bootlicker, fawner, groveler, cringer, brown noser, yes man, adulator

How would you like to pay 5% tax on everything you buy and or use? From hairdressers, barbers, taxis to toilet paper? Equality.

Make your taxes fair and balanced. Make everybody pay. I for one hate it. But at least I know everyone else is getting as screwed as I am. And this is on top of sales taxes via provinces (like a state only way bigger)

Here's a great example of what Ontario did. They harmonized goods and services taxes and sales taxes and now the tax at the pump went from 5% to 13% (liberal government). Everybody pays this tax.

Bet 80% of Americans if polled on this would disagree with a fair tax. Even though 50% of Americans don't pay taxes whatsoever except for sales taxes.

If you want taxes, be careful what you are wishing for.

Now to the GOP and pandering to the rich. Look up what Geithner did for Wall Street. Take a break from slamming R's and really go look up what Timmy did in the bail out.

AND what everybody seems to forget is that Congress a DEMOCRAT Congress was in charge of the bail out money. And in charge of who got what.

Democrats and the wealthy on Wall Street.

Get real kid.

here we go again... 50% of the people don't pay taxes... That is a right wing propaganda LIE. They do pay taxes.... they pay all kinds of taxes... in fact, they pay EVERY tax that you and I pay... EXCEPT.... Federal Income taxes... why? because they are dirt poor families trying to live in this ungodly expensive country on 30K or less. So they get a break on ONE tax, and you idiots think they don't pay any at all. They still pay SS(FICA) they pay into medicare, they pay state and local taxes, they pay sales taxes, they pay gasoline taxes, they pay sin taxes, School taxes, Property taxes(if they happen to have a home that they pay on).

So stop spreading that lie.... I know it's a convenient one for you... but it's simply not true. In fact... the Federal Government earns interest on their payroll deductions until they get their refund... so even there... they are paying SOMETHING.

The day after the Teabirthers "won", I said that I couldn't wait until all those Republicans get back to their "constituents". That the end of this year was going to be "hilarious" and already it's started.

USMB board Republicans don't understand that when 80%, or more, of Americans want taxes raised on the rich, they aren't kidding. It's time for the GOP to start treating all Americans equally and stop pandering to rich people who only see you as crawling, simpering sycophants.

syc·o·phant - ass kisser, toady, apple polisher, bootlicker, fawner, groveler, cringer, brown noser, yes man, adulator

How would you like to pay 5% tax on everything you buy and or use? From hairdressers, barbers, taxis to toilet paper? Equality.

Make your taxes fair and balanced. Make everybody pay. I for one hate it. But at least I know everyone else is getting as screwed as I am. And this is on top of sales taxes via provinces (like a state only way bigger)

Here's a great example of what Ontario did. They harmonized goods and services taxes and sales taxes and now the tax at the pump went from 5% to 13% (liberal government). Everybody pays this tax.

Bet 80% of Americans if polled on this would disagree with a fair tax. Even though 50% of Americans don't pay taxes whatsoever except for sales taxes.

Now to the GOP and pandering to the rich. Look up what Geithner did for Wall Street. Take a break from slamming R's and really go look up what Timmy did in the bail out.

AND what everybody seems to forget is that Congress a DEMOCRAT Congress was in charge of the bail out money. And in charge of who got what.

Get real kid.

here we go again... 50% of the people don't pay taxes... That is a right wing propaganda LIE. They do pay taxes.... they pay all kinds of taxes... in fact, they pay EVERY tax that you and I pay... EXCEPT.... Federal Income taxes... why? because they are dirt poor families trying to live in this ungodly expensive country on 30K or less. So they get a break on ONE tax, and you idiots think they don't pay any at all. They still pay SS(FICA) they pay into medicare, they pay state and local taxes, they pay sales taxes, they pay gasoline taxes, they pay sin taxes, School taxes, Property taxes(if they happen to have a home that they pay on).

So stop spreading that lie.... I know it's a convenient one for you... but it's simply not true. In fact... the Federal Government earns interest on their payroll deductions until they get their refund... so even there... they are paying SOMETHING.

Add in..it was President George W. Bush..that saw to that.. :eusa_whistle:

Get real kid.

LOL, dirt poor huh?
Funny, I am dirt poor working two jobs (and one of those is for the Guberment school) to have a roof over my head, pay for my gas and food, and I PAY FEDERAL TAXES. But I also PRIDE myself on living and MAKING IT ON MY OWN.

so save us all the sob stories.

Last edited:

Yep.

Sure does.

As FDR and Bill Clinton so brilliantly illustrated.
Wait... FDR created an investment environment? How the heck do you say that with a straight face? What investment opportunities did he foster while demonizing private business for 14 years????

Get real kid.

Fine. If income tax isn't that important and it harms only the poor people, end it. After all, the rich pay "all the other taxes".

Get real kid.

Fine. If income tax isn't that important and it harms only the poor people, end it. After all, the rich pay "all the other taxes".

I like it...:clap2:

Get real kid.

LOL, dirt poor huh?
Funny, I am dirt poor working two jobs (and one of those is for the Guberment school) to have a roof over my head, pay for my gas and food, and I PAY FEDERAL TAXES. But I also PRIDE myself on living and MAKING IT ON MY OWN.

so save us all the sob stories.

Then you're luckier than them since you make enough to pay FEDERAL INCOME TAXES. If you had to pay what my wife and I pay you'd be reduced to tears.

But I am also thankful that my wife and I have to pay what we do because it means we make enough to have to pay it.

Forum List

Back