Jhathibhanga massacre day observed in Thakurgaon

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
I believe that this was the time when three million people (mainly Hindus) were murdered in Bangladesh and thousands and thousands of young women were raped by the Pakistani Army.

Jhathibhanga massacre day observed in Thakurgaon
Families of martyrs demand punishment for killers

Our Correspondent, Thakugaon

Locals observed Jhathibhanga massacre day at Jagannathpur village under Thakurgaon Sadar upazila with different programmes yesterday.

On April 23 in 1971, thousands of people from Jagannathpur, Gorea, Shukanpokhori, and Balia unions under Sadar upazila left their home for India to save their lives from the Pakistani occupation army and their local collaborators known as Razakars.
As the people, mostly belonging to minority Hindu community, gathered at Jhathibhanga village in Sadar upazila, Pakistani soldiers, informed by Razakars and Al Badars, rushed to the spot and killed about 3,000 people and buried them at a mass grave there.

Jhathibhanga massacre day observed in Thakurgaon | Families of martyrs demand punishment for killers

Bangladesh is at a crossroad where it has to decide whether it wants to allow itself to descend into darkness or it wants to move towards bright future. The fight is on between good and evil. I think good is beginning to gain upper hand in Bangladesh. I hope it stays that way.

Forum List

Back