Jewish Partisans in WWII

can someone translate "double oxymoran belief" ???

double=2 so money and people in need of sympathy.(Poor kitty does not mean the kitty has no money it means the poor kitty is sick or without a home)

money and people in need of sympathy?-------are you sober? ----what
does oxymoran mean?

Why didn't Russia liberate any Jews? Or did they?
The Soviets were the first to find and liberate the death camps, Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviets, at least those remaining prisoners that somehow escaped the death march to Bergen-Belsen.

This was during the war.

I'm sorry I thought you meant that the Partisan groups fought after the war, but many fighting Russians were Jewish as well (Red Army) I think the video was talking about groups from Poland and Germany itself and surrounding areas not the ones from Russia.
No problem, we read the question differently, seemed like a very strange response at the time as that is specifically what I was addressing, liberation of the death camps by Soviet troops.

My impression ----vague memories of the history I learned -----the Russians were into
destroying all things German at that point---ie when they entered Poland----they were
shooting and raping at anything german which must have been a KIND of liberation
for lots of people
Much of that was a combination of some reality and rumor spread by fleeing civilians and retreating German troops. Yes it happened but wasn't as prevalent as it was made out to be. There are many accounts of the Soviet troops acting like barbarians as well as numerous accounts of Soviet troops acting the opposite. There was a lot of collaboration by non-Germans.
When the Germans first invaded the Soviet Union most in the Ukraine saw the Germans as liberators and many offered to fight with the Germans against the Reds but Hitler had other ideas and the offer was turned down. It didn't take long for the SS to turn potential allies into fanatical enemies in that region. Heck the Germans might have actually succeeded in Russia if they had taken the Ukrainians up on their offer. :dunno:

double=2 so money and people in need of sympathy.(Poor kitty does not mean the kitty has no money it means the poor kitty is sick or without a home)

does oxymoran mean?

The Soviets were the first to find and liberate the death camps, Auschwitz was liberated by the Soviets, at least those remaining prisoners that somehow escaped the death march to Bergen-Belsen.

This was during the war.

I'm sorry I thought you meant that the Partisan groups fought after the war, but many fighting Russians were Jewish as well (Red Army) I think the video was talking about groups from Poland and Germany itself and surrounding areas not the ones from Russia.
No problem, we read the question differently, seemed like a very strange response at the time as that is specifically what I was addressing, liberation of the death camps by Soviet troops.

My impression ----vague memories of the history I learned -----the Russians were into
destroying all things German at that point---ie when they entered Poland----they were
shooting and raping at anything german which must have been a KIND of liberation
for lots of people
Much of that was a combination of some reality and rumor spread by fleeing civilians and retreating German troops. Yes it happened but wasn't as prevalent as it was made out to be. There are many accounts of the Soviet troops acting like barbarians as well as numerous accounts of Soviet troops acting the opposite. There was a lot of collaboration by non-Germans.
When the Germans first invaded the Soviet Union most in the Ukraine saw the Germans as liberators and many offered to fight with the Germans against the Reds but Hitler had other ideas and the offer was turned down. It didn't take long for the SS to turn potential allies into fanatical enemies in that region. Heck the Germans might have actually succeeded in Russia if they had taken the Ukrainians up on their offer. :dunno:

the UKRAINE has always been a thorn------in just about everyone's ass---not to impugn the persons thereof, of course.......but its people do manage to muck up
----albeit, sometimes in a good way -----sorta. It's not their fault---they are perennial
victims too

does oxymoran mean?

This was during the war.

for lots of people

the UKRAINE has always been a thorn------in just about everyone's ass---not to impugn the persons thereof, of course.......but its people do manage to muck up
----albeit, sometimes in a good way -----sorta. It's not their fault---they are perennial
victims too
The Ukraine has traditionally been Russia's bread basket, kept as serfs by the Russian royalty then after the Russian Revolution it's where the remnants of the White Russians, that weren't killed or sent to gulags, settled. It also suffered Stalins farm collective program where approximately 2 million died mostly from starvation, yeah, they have reason feel like victims.

for lots of people

victims too
The Ukraine has traditionally been Russia's bread basket, kept as serfs by the Russian royalty then after the Russian Revolution it's where the remnants of the White Russians, that weren't killed or sent to gulags, settled. It also suffered Stalins farm collective program where approximately 2 million died mostly from starvation, yeah, they have reason feel like victims.

It is also a BUFFER zone between Russia and Europe-----like warring parties tramping thru -------somehow it became sorta the birth place of the mystical jewish sects CHASSIDIM

Forum List

Back