Jesse Jackson Jr. Resigning ?

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
Rep. Jesse Jackson’s political future in question - The Washington Post

Jackson’s leave of absence, which his staff says officially began on June 10, came just as federal prosecutors in Chicago charged Raghuveer Nayak, his former fund-raiser, with $1.8 million in medical fraud. Those charges are not formally linked to “Operation Board Games,” a sprawling state corruption probe run by the U.S. attorney’s office that has led to criminal charges against 17 officials, including now-imprisoned former governor Rod Blagojevich (D). Nayak, however, has been in the cross hairs of the federal prosecutors for several years, as he has reportedly testified that Jackson asked him to raise campaign money for the then-governor in 2008 in hopes that Blagojevich would appoint him to Obama’s Senate seat.

For Jackson’s supporters in Washington and Chicago, these developments have been painful. “This is one of the smartest, most capable members of Congress,” Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.), who serves on the Appropriations Committee with Jackson, said Thursday.

But after a week in which Jackson’s staff has been forced to try to dispel an array of rumors, including one that he is in an Arizona facility being treated for alcohol and drug problems, his friends in the Congressional Black Caucus are whispering that they expect him to resign.

This is just the more tasty part of the article.

I suggest you read it all.

Wow....a leftie who might get caught up in some corruption charges ?

Who would have thought ?

I happen to know for a fact that at the beginning of this year Jackson was already considering getting out of the political arena.

“This is one of the smartest, most capable members of Congress,” Rep. Chaka Fattah (D-Pa.), who serves on the Appropriations Committee with Jackson, said Thursday.
^^ that's LOL :lol: so smart he'd be under arrest if it wasn't Holder's DOJ imo

Was jr the one having an affair with Tamarra Holder, or was that sr ?

Jackson is a crook and thug like most of the Chicago gang. Having him and Chaka Fattah on the Appropriations Committee is a pitiful statement concerning the condition of American governance.

Jackson is a crook and thug like most of the Chicago gang. Having him and Chaka Fattah on the Appropriations Committee is a pitiful statement concerning the condition of American governance.

I didn't know she was in congress now...
chaka-1.jpg

Jackson hasn't been seen in over a month.

For the President, we have the 25th Amendment, but what are the rules concerning a member of Congress who is incapacitated and unable to perform his duties?

did larry craig resign after trying to play pud pull in an airport bathroom?

Jackson hasn't been seen in over a month.

For the President, we have the 25th Amendment, but what are the rules concerning a member of Congress who is incapacitated and unable to perform his duties?

they generally run for President.
:lol:

Actually, I just found out what they do. The House has to pass a resolution declaring the seat to be vacant. Then a special election is held. The last time this was done was for Gladys Spellman in 1981.

Bill Summary & Status - 97th Congress (1981 - 1982) - H.RES.80 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

Last edited:
I am sure the seat will stay demcratic....but will Jackson wind up in court ?

I am sure the seat will stay demcratic....but will Jackson wind up in court ?

I think he will. People are still very angry re Blago.

It does not matter how the people feel, vis a vis going to court. All that matters is whether or not there is evidence he committed any crimes.

A lot of assumptions being made in this topic.

Of course, Jackson created a vacuum with his unexplained absence, and weaker minds will fill it with all kinds of fantasies which reflect more about them than him.

Forum List

Back