Jeff Bezos, champion for the fight for $15!

Two Thumbs

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2010
Where ever I go, there I am.
As most of you have heard by now, Amazon upped it's min wage for new hires and temps, yes temps, to $15/hour and gave top earners $1/hr

Now I know many of you are hooting and hollering about what a great man he is and what a great company Amazon is for being so generous with their money.

And I know the smart people out there are wondering how they are going to pay for this large ($3/hr) raise they are giving to about 300,000 people.

Are the higher ups taking a pay cut?
lol, no, of course not. Big Jeff is still making bank.

Are they going to increase the cost of prime membership?
no, that would drive customers away, as we have seen it do with other companies that did this.

cut back on customer service?
no, that would mean they would have to fire people, and that would be bad news that can't be hidden.

Cut back on packaging?
no

So where are they absorbing the cost?

By fucking over long time, dedicated employees. and by long time, I mean anyone that's worked there for 2 years.

How you may ask?

We get rsu's. Amazon gave us 1-4 stocks every year. since Amazon sells at $2000, there's goes the $1/hr raise.

But isn't that just a wash?

yes, that is a wash, but, we also used to get a monthly bonus based on our buildings production and our personal attendance. so basically, anyone with any time at Amazon is losing around $300 a month or $3600 a year.

As most of you have heard by now, Amazon upped it's min wage for new hires and temps, yes temps, to $15/hour and gave top earners $1/hr

Now I know many of you are hooting and hollering about what a great man he is and what a great company Amazon is for being so generous with their money.

And I know the smart people out there are wondering how they are going to pay for this large ($3/hr) raise they are giving to about 300,000 people.

no, that would drive customers away, as we have seen it do with other companies that did this.

no, that would mean they would have to fire people, and that would be bad news that can't be hidden.

Cut back on packaging?
no

By fucking over long time, dedicated employees. and by long time, I mean anyone that's worked there for 2 years.

How you may ask?

We get rsu's. Amazon gave us 1-4 stocks every year. since Amazon sells at $2000, there's goes the $1/hr raise.

yes, that is a wash, but, we also used to get a monthly bonus based on our buildings production and our personal attendance. so basically, anyone with any time at Amazon is losing around $300 a month or $3600 a year.

I read the $15 bucks they said makes up for it, I so love know how they want to work with Congress to raise the national minimum wage up so they can destroy their competition.

Cut back on packaging?
no

How you may ask?

I read the $15 bucks they said makes up for it, I so love know how they want to work with Congress to raise the national minimum wage up so they can destroy their competition.

yea, they made up for it by screwing over the rest.

Did anyone really think a leftist would follow through with what other leftist want? lol

There's a reason why democrats are getting their asses kicked.

Did anyone really think a leftist would follow through with what other leftist want? lol

yea, but it looks good from the media.

local npr 'reporters' where slobbering all over it.

When I read about getting rid of the bonous / stocks I thought they were nuts that it will make up for it...(forgot to add that) most people that work there didnt mess in it and it's like a Christmas present to them

yea, but it looks good from the media.

local npr 'reporters' where slobbering all over it.

When I read about getting rid of the bonous / stocks I thought they were nuts that it will make up for it...(forgot to add that) most people that work there didnt mess in it and it's like a Christmas present to them
oh yea, new hires and temps are stokked, the rest of us are hoping for OT to cover the holidays.

What NOBODY is reporting is that he also did away with bonuses and other percs. In other words, his employees are getting screwed.

Forum List

Back