Jared Kushner Discovered Using Private Email Server For White House Business

The senior adviser set up the account after the election. Other West Wing officials have also used private email accounts for official business.

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

“Mr. Kushner uses his White House email address to conduct White House business,” Abbe Lowell, a lawyer for Kushner, said in a statement Sunday. “Fewer than 100 emails from January through August were either sent to or returned by Mr. Kushner to colleagues in the White House from his personal email account. These usually forwarded news articles or political commentary and most often occurred when someone initiated the exchange by sending an email to his personal rather than his White House address.”

Aides who have exchanged emails with Kushner on his private account since President Donald Trump took office in January include former chief of staff Reince Priebus, former chief strategist Steve Bannon, National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, and spokesman Josh Raffel, according to emails described to or shown to POLITICO. In some cases, those White House officials have emailed Kushner’s account first, said people familiar with the messages.

Kushner used private email to conduct White House business

Lock that son of a bitch up.

Do you know the difference between a private email server and a private email account?
Yea, a private email account was what Colin Powell had on his Iphone from AOL.

Well, I'm pretty sure most people have a private email account. That isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not government officials should be able to conduct official business through such accounts. I take it you support it when they're a Democrat but oppose it when they're a Republican, right?

As an independent I call 'em as I see them and the impression I got when I read the story earlier this evening at CNN's website, the comparison of Kushner to Hillary's situation seemed forced. It was like comparing burnt toast to a forest fire. "News articles" and "political commentary" versus Sec of State official business. Common now, get serious.

As an independent I call 'em as I see them and the impression I got when I read the story earlier this evening at CNN's website, the comparison of Kushner to Hillary's situation seemed forced. It was like comparing burnt toast to a forest fire. "News articles" and "political commentary" versus Sec of State official business. Common now, get serious.

Oh no. Hillary's use was perfectly fine. After all, she was never charged. Kushner's use, on the other hand, was the epitome of evil and corruption.

The senior adviser set up the account after the election. Other West Wing officials have also used private email accounts for official business.

Presidential son-in-law and senior adviser Jared Kushner has corresponded with other administration officials about White House matters through a private email account set up during the transition last December, part of a larger pattern of Trump administration aides using personal email accounts for government business.

Kushner uses his private account alongside his official White House email account, sometimes trading emails with senior White House officials, outside advisers and others about media coverage, event planning and other subjects, according to four people familiar with the correspondence. POLITICO has seen and verified about two dozen emails.

“Mr. Kushner uses his White House email address to conduct White House business,” Abbe Lowell, a lawyer for Kushner, said in a statement Sunday. “Fewer than 100 emails from January through August were either sent to or returned by Mr. Kushner to colleagues in the White House from his personal email account. These usually forwarded news articles or political commentary and most often occurred when someone initiated the exchange by sending an email to his personal rather than his White House address.”

Aides who have exchanged emails with Kushner on his private account since President Donald Trump took office in January include former chief of staff Reince Priebus, former chief strategist Steve Bannon, National Economic Council director Gary Cohn, and spokesman Josh Raffel, according to emails described to or shown to POLITICO. In some cases, those White House officials have emailed Kushner’s account first, said people familiar with the messages.

Do you know the difference between a private email server and a private email account?
Yea, a private email account was what Colin Powell had on his Iphone from AOL.

Well, I'm pretty sure most people have a private email account. That isn't the issue. The issue is whether or not government officials should be able to conduct official business through such accounts. I take it you support it when they're a Democrat but oppose it when they're a Republican, right?

We agree.... it's bad policy to conduct public business through a private email account. But, I am also a cybersecurity professional and can tell you that it is exponentially worse to have a private email server where you are routing and storing volumes of email. This is a huge security violation because the asset is unmanaged and insecure making a hack more impactful vs a hack into a private email account.

Cybersecurity aside, having your own piece of infrastructure such as an email server just raises such levels that you have more to hide.

Lock him up!

Kushner's lawyer made a statement:

Jared Kushner Used Private Email In Trump Administration, Lawyer Confirms

"Mr. Kushner uses his White House email address to conduct White House business. Fewer than a hundred emails from January through August were either sent to or returned by Mr. Kushner to colleagues in the White House from his personal email account. These usually forwarded news articles or political commentary and most often occurred when someone initiated the exchange by sending an email to his personal, rather than his White House, address. All non-personal emails were forwarded to his official address and all have been preserved in any event."

Forum List

Back