James Brady shot to death, lives additional 33 years

James Brady's death has been ruled a homicide, even though he lived for more than 30 years after being shot the same day Reagan was shot.

Fascinating conclusion by the medical examiner, and I suspect wrought with legal complications.

James Brady's Death Was a Homicide, Medical Examiner Rules | NBC 7 San Diego

Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity. My guess is if he ever goes to get out of the mental hospital they will charge him with Brady's murder to keep him locked up one way or another.

James Brady's death has been ruled a homicide, even though he lived for more than 30 years after being shot the same day Reagan was shot.

Fascinating conclusion by the medical examiner, and I suspect wrought with legal complications.

Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity. My guess is if he ever goes to get out of the mental hospital they will charge him with Brady's murder to keep him locked up one way or another.

He'll never be free; he's far too infamous, like Charles Manson. When you consider how many violent criminals are freed every day after serving long sentences, there's no reason Manson should remain in prison other than the fact that he bears his own name.

As to this case, I can see the ruling by the M.E. being challenged if they ever try to charge Hinckley.

He'll never be free; he's far too infamous, like Charles Manson. When you consider how many violent criminals are freed every day after serving long sentences, there's no reason Manson should remain in prison other than the fact that he bears his own name.

As to this case, I can see the ruling by the M.E. being challenged if they ever try to charge Hinckley.
well if they ever tried to charge Hinckley it would be challenged no matter what. I agree he's like Manson and hopefully will never be free. But then again...

Manson Family member granted parole

March 13, 2014 at 1:34 PM | 0 Comments (Leave a co

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2014...nted-parole/UPI-25691394732059/#ixzz39vHrzeUz
SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif., March 13 (UPI) -- A former member of the Charles Manson "Family" has been granted parole after spending the last 34 years in a California prison for murder.
Bruce Davis, 71, was granted parole for the third time Wednesday by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation, the (San Luis Obispo, Calif.) Tribune reported.

His parole is subject to a 120-day review period, during which time the parole could be revoked.

Davis has been up for parole 28 times. The first time he was granted parole was in 2010, but at that time, former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger reversed the decision.

Davis was sentenced to life in prison for his role in the deaths of musician Gary Hinman and ranch hand Donald "Shorty" Shea. The convict has maintained he did not actually kill either man.

He is not as well known as other Manson Family members, such as Charles "Tex" Watson, Patricia Krenwinkel and Leslie Van Houten, all of whom remain incarcerated, because he did not participate in the notorious Tate-LaBianca murders.

Michael Beckman, an attorney who has represented Davis at his parole hearings since 2006, said his client was "glad" about the parole board's decision.

"We hope [the governor] won't play politics this time and do the right thing," Beckman said.

Read more: Bruce Davis, former Manson Family member, granted parole - UPI.com

Last edited:
Speaking of the Manson Clan, were it not for the notoriety of the case, they would all have been out by now. I've seen Leslie Van Houten interviewed, she knows how awful her crime was and she seems perfectly lucid and intelligent. Other people have done worse than her and walked free in time. I'm actually for keeping all of them locked up for good because anyone who gets "life" should serve life, but not all convicts are treated equally.

Speaking of the Manson Clan, were it not for the notoriety of the case, they would all have been out by now. I've seen Leslie Van Houten interviewed, she knows how awful her crime was and she seems perfectly lucid and intelligent. Other people have done worse than her and walked free in time. I'm actually for keeping all of them locked up for good because anyone who gets "life" should serve life, but not all convicts are treated equally.

I agree they get life they should serve life. I don't know how much worse someone can do then killing a house full of people including a pregnant woman by hacking them to death. They were like a pack of rabid wolves. IMHO too bad CA overturned the death penalty and gave them life in the first place. Old Charlie and company shouldn't even be breathing right now much less coming up for parole.

I agree they get life they should serve life. I don't know how much worse someone can do then killing a house full of people including a pregnant woman by hacking them to death. They were like a pack of rabid wolves. IMHO too bad CA overturned the death penalty and gave them life in the first place. Old Charlie and company shouldn't even be breathing right now much less coming up for parole.

You can get life in Florida without killing anyone, gain time is 15%. Most of those stories about killers set free after short sentences are hogwash. And Florida is itching to lock people up, lots of prisons built by private contractors now.

The left thought it was pretty funny when Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity. He was and is as sane as Bill Ayers.

The left thought it was pretty funny when Hinckley was found not guilty by reason of insanity. He was and is as sane as Bill Ayers.

He withstands too many antipsychotics to be "all there". I read the list some years ago. Also, Hinckley must stay in every second of his, I hope, miserable life.

Last edited:
Letter sent to Hinckley in March 1984:

Dear John

Hope all is well with you. The doctors say, you are making remarkable progress, and it may be possible that you will make a full recovery. That is fabulous news John, and you must be very encouraged that you could be released someday, and able to resume a normal life. I know President Reagan and Nancy, do not*holdyou responsible for the shootings, they have been in constant touch with your doctors who consistently tell them that you are not at fault, and that your sickness drove you to this extreme behavior. They too are confident that you will one day be able to move on from this low point in your life, and enjoy a fruitful life.
Oh, by the way John, before I forget, President Reagan wanted me to pass on a comment to you. Did you know that Walter Mondale, and Gary Hart, have both been fucking Jody Foster ?

Sincerely,

XXXX. XXXXXX

Since, his sanity has improved up to around 70%, the authorities need to go pick him up at his mother's so he can stand trial for murder.

Presumedly the cause of death was something relating to, or caused by, the original injuries from the gunshot.

Be like if ya got shot, the bullet remained inside the body being unremovable for whatever reason, then moved on its own causing a terminal wound. How long after wouldn't matter. Nor would a death 33 years later if it can be determinded to have been due to the orignial gunshot.

Forum List

Back