James Blunt prevented World War 3

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyggTKDcOE[/ame]

The battle hardened grizzly macho man and romantic singer-songwriter, James Blunt, has recently told the press about how he prevented World War III during Yugoslavia 199X by disobeying a direct command from his superiors to have his men attack the Russians.

Singer James Blunt has told the BBC how he refused an order to attack Russian troops when he was a British soldier in Kosovo. Blunt said he was willing to risk a court martial by rejecting the order from a US General.

But he was backed by British Gen Sir Mike Jackson, who said: "I'm not going to have my soldiers be responsible for starting World War III."

Blunt was ordered to seize an airfield, but the Russians had got there first.

In an interview with BBC Radio 5 live, broadcast on Sunday, he said: "I was given the direct command to overpower the 200 or so Russians who were there.

Read more: BBC News - Singer James Blunt 'prevented World War III'

James Blunt prevented World War 4

President Kennedy prevented World War 3 during the Cuban Missile Crisis

I find it funny as hell that people just believe whatever some celebrity says. It's no wonder our country's in a mess. Too many stupid people.

I find it funny as hell that people just believe whatever some celebrity says. It's no wonder our country's in a mess. Too many stupid people.

You've jumped the gun here, California Girl. Although I agree that it's a bit of an exaggeration, General Sir Mike Jackson, British commander of ground forces in Kosovo during the time Captain Blunt supposedly took a bullet for mankind, was happy to carry-on the tale by supporting Blunt's decision to ignore orders.

Basically, a gungho American general wanted a British cavalry (mechanised) unit to engage a squad of Russian soldiers who had taken and were holding on to Pristina airport. Blunt refused the order and Gen. Jackson spoke-up on his behalf.

At the end of the day, Blunt made the right decision no to engage the Russians. As any bloodshed would have lead to an international crisis. The Russians were also short of food and water and by nightfall handed the airport over to British forces.

Though Blunt has come across as a bit of a tit with such an outrageous claim. At this rate, he'll be making a bid for the throne.

See here James Blunt making a complete **** of himself under the media spotlight.

Forum List

Back