James Alan Fox on CNN, a Criminology expert, "this guy didn't just snap"

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Thank you. I am not comfortable with the premise that this guy had mental issues and just went off. This was thoroughly planned. From the location of the hotel room to the careful movement of his weapons and efforts to protect himself from being made aware of his intentions. If I were a betting man, I would suggest he doesn't even have a clinical mental disorder. He's just some cowardly, dirty sob, who might have a motive that goes beyond his cowardice.

The chances of him getting caught were far higher than most for these kinds of attacks. His only saving grace was his age and yes, probably his color.

The guy was very sharp, I am impressed CNN had him on. He also stated that "there is nothing that will be learned from this guy that will stop the next such event". I think he's right. There will be far too many details to try and backtrack for any person or agency to say "hey, this guy might be a dirty, cowardly mass murderer". He is basically the "any man".

He also says, we shouldn't be looking into his hobbies and personal qualities. He suggests he shouldn't be humanized so that others don't follow him down the same road as some sort of hero.

Last edited:
I agree. He had too many weapons and had a suite, plus possibly an extra room, which allowed for a perfect posture for his atrocity.

Forum List

Back