Jackie Wilson, in prison for 36 years in cop slaying, freed days after confession tossed

Another great day for the Dirty Democrats and their cop killer buddies
Hmm...tell me..how exactly this is a Partisan issue? A dirty cop....beat a confession out of a suspect. Justice is served..as said confession is thrown out of court and the conviction that depended on the coerced confession is tossed out.

How is this a Right vs Left issue?

Tossed out doesn't mean that the guy didn't do it.
It means that it was a bogus conviction.

Easy daily observation.
The Left loathes the Police and adore the criminals.
Uh...everyone agrees, the guy didn't 'do it'..he was charged with felony murder..because his brother did it..and he was there. The conviction was bogus..because the crooked cop beat a confession out of the suspect..do you agree with such tactics?

Try not to be too stupid..the Left does not adore criminals..nor do they hate the police.
Is that why the left supports every nationally known cop killer in prison and demands their release?
I'll assume that that was a rhetorical question..as I'm pretty sure that you just made an unsupportable assertion. LOL!

Another great day for the Dirty Democrats and their cop killer buddies
Hmm...tell me..how exactly this is a Partisan issue? A dirty cop....beat a confession out of a suspect. Justice is served..as said confession is thrown out of court and the conviction that depended on the coerced confession is tossed out.

How is this a Right vs Left issue?

Tossed out doesn't mean that the guy didn't do it.
It means that it was a bogus conviction.

Easy daily observation.
The Left loathes the Police and adore the criminals.
Uh...everyone agrees, the guy didn't 'do it'..he was charged with felony murder..because his brother did it..and he was there. The conviction was bogus..because the crooked cop beat a confession out of the suspect..do you agree with such tactics?

Try not to be too stupid..the Left does not adore criminals..nor do they hate the police.
BLM Parade.
5 Dallas Policeman assassinated
Obama invites BLM to the White House
Let me be blunt..so fucking what?!?!

There is no logic to the chain you just put forth...BLM is not a monolithic organization...Obama and whatever he did is irrelevant. The assassination of the five cops was a tragedy of enormous proportions...and, like most crimes..has nothing at all to do with the political process..although it does seem as though many are eager to add it to their polemics.

Criminal acts exist outside of the political pale..IMO. Trying to link either side with such things is the act of lazy thinkers who wish to push emotional buttons..and care little for reasoned nuance.

Jackie Wilson, in prison for 36 years in cop slaying, freed days after confession tossed

So, a guy who was convicted on a confession beaten out of him...who all say was not the active shooter..but was only present at the crime, is released on bond. After 36 years....Of course, the special prosecutor in the case vows to retry the issue....

"Jackie Wilson, one of two brothers convicted in one of Chicago’s most infamous cop killings, walked out of Cook County Jail on Friday, a free man for the first time in more than 36 years.

The sudden freedom for Wilson, 57, came after Cook County Circuit Judge William Hooks ordered his release a few hours earlier. The judge had tossed out his murder conviction last week after finding that notorious ex-Chicago police Cmdr. Jon Burge and detectives under his command had physically coerced his confession.

Saying nearly four decades in prison had aged Wilson “far beyond his chronological age,” Hooks held Friday that he did not pose a danger to the community or a risk to flee — factors in whether he could be released.
The judge also said special prosecutors “utterly failed” in their arguments to keep Wilson in jail, adding that they appeared to want him to view the case “through the lens of a court sitting in 1982 or 1988 without considering the revelations that have come to light over the last three decades.”

Scores of African-American men have accused Burge, who is white, and his colleagues of torturing or abusing them during the 1970s and 1980s at a South Side police station. The scandal has stained the city’s reputation and cost taxpayers at least $115 million so far in lawsuit settlements, judgments and other compensation to victims.
Relatives of slain Officers Richard O’Brien and William Fahey left the Leighton Criminal Court Building without comment after Hooks’ ruling. Special prosecutor Michael O’Rourke said they were understandably upset by the decision.
Kevin Graham, president of the Chicago Fraternal Order of Police, who attended the hearing, called Hooks’ ruling “disgraceful.”
“I’m very disappointed that a man that is responsible, who was at the scene, that has admitted to being there when two honored police officers of the Chicago Police Department were murdered, gunned down, and he walks out,” Graham said."
It's called getting away with murder, but at least the thug served 36 years.
Yup...you don't call 36 years for felony murder...justice? You think he should have been executed..for being there while his brother pulled the trigger? You have no comment on the crooked cop that coerced his confession?

Do you approve of such tactics by our police officers?
He should have been executed 35 years ago.

So, a guy who was convicted on a confession beaten out of him...who all say was not the active shooter..but was only present at the crime, is released on bond. After 36 years....Of course, the special prosecutor in the case vows to retry the issue....

"Jackie Wilson, one of two brothers convicted in one of Chicago’s most infamous cop killings, walked out of Cook County Jail on Friday, a free man for the first time in more than 36 years.

The sudden freedom for Wilson, 57, came after Cook County Circuit Judge William Hooks ordered his release a few hours earlier. The judge had tossed out his murder conviction last week after finding that notorious ex-Chicago police Cmdr. Jon Burge and detectives under his command had physically coerced his confession.

Saying nearly four decades in prison had aged Wilson “far beyond his chronological age,” Hooks held Friday that he did not pose a danger to the community or a risk to flee — factors in whether he could be released.
The judge also said special prosecutors “utterly failed” in their arguments to keep Wilson in jail, adding that they appeared to want him to view the case “through the lens of a court sitting in 1982 or 1988 without considering the revelations that have come to light over the last three decades.”

Scores of African-American men have accused Burge, who is white, and his colleagues of torturing or abusing them during the 1970s and 1980s at a South Side police station. The scandal has stained the city’s reputation and cost taxpayers at least $115 million so far in lawsuit settlements, judgments and other compensation to victims.
Relatives of slain Officers Richard O’Brien and William Fahey left the Leighton Criminal Court Building without comment after Hooks’ ruling. Special prosecutor Michael O’Rourke said they were understandably upset by the decision.
Kevin Graham, president of the Chicago Fraternal Order of Police, who attended the hearing, called Hooks’ ruling “disgraceful.”
“I’m very disappointed that a man that is responsible, who was at the scene, that has admitted to being there when two honored police officers of the Chicago Police Department were murdered, gunned down, and he walks out,” Graham said."
Yup...you don't call 36 years for felony murder...justice? You think he should have been executed..for being there while his brother pulled the trigger? You have no comment on the crooked cop that coerced his confession?

On the word of a crooked cop? God help you if you are ever in the position to receive the 'justice' you advocate!

On the word of a crooked cop? God help you if you are ever in the position to receive the 'justice' you advocate!
I, unlike your heroes, do not go around shooting cops...or anyone else for that matter.

I, unlike your heroes, do not go around shooting cops...or anyone else for that matter.
My heroes, eh? Yup...you're an idiot. This man did not shoot a cop..are you so stupid that you don't get that? Never mind though...while i can do something with ignorance..stupid is beyond my abilities.

I do note that in all your posts..you totally and deliberately ignore the crooked cop..I guess that would be one of YOUR heroes, right?

My heroes, eh? Yup...you're an idiot. This man did not shoot a cop..are you so stupid that you don't get that? Never mind though...while i can do something with ignorance..stupid is beyond my abilities.

I do note that in all your posts..you totally and deliberately ignore the crooked cop..I guess that would be one of YOUR heroes, right?
No, I dig cop killers. Real heroes they are.

No, I dig cop killers. Real heroes they are.
***yawn***

Do try to do better...that was just lame...measured a 2 on the sarcasm meter...

Hey there TW..nice day eh? Just drove through your town on the way to Pomerelle...a perfect day for it.

I like the song..brings me back to my youth. This Jackie more likely to be smiling...right about now, eh?

Lake Cleveland is my wife’s favorite camping spot
We’re not skiers
Out to the west where the wind turbines are is where I live

Hey there TW..nice day eh? Just drove through your town on the way to Pomerelle...a perfect day for it.

I like the song..brings me back to my youth. This Jackie more likely to be smiling...right about now, eh?

We’re not skiers

I know the spot...lovely this time of year. Took the great circle...Pomerrele to Albion...Albion to the City of Rocks..then over to Oakley..and across to Twin....a nice day trip.

We’re not skiers

I know the spot...lovely this time of year. Took the great circle...Pomerrele to Albion...Albion to the City of Rocks..then over to Oakley..and across to Twin....a nice day trip.

You weren’t down at Caldrin Lyn yesterday were you

We’re not skiers

Nope..went through Murtaugh..but didn't turn off...

We’re not skiers

Nope..went through Murtaugh..but didn't turn off...

My grand kids go to Mutrtaugh
Ones on the JV team

Go Red Devils!

2f38eb96-90df-4a17-9f9b-b8d2c6977e94.gif

“He was only present” when a cop was murdered....

Gawd you people are sick.
..and you're an idiot..your point? Just who is, "you people"? Those who are sane and have a working knowledge of the law? Intent matters..fool. But, being a fool, you no doubt get hung up on the racial overtones..and ignore practicality..and true..vs legal...justice.

Two brothers murdered two cops. So he claims he was innocent. But of course he didn’t turn his brother in either. He is a piece of shit who should had hanged for the crime.

Under our system of criminal justice, the accused does not only need to be guilty, but the state must be able to prove, beyond a shadow of doubt, that the accused is guilty. It is better that ten guilty men go free, then one innocent man be put in prison.

If all they have is a coerced confession, then the state has no proof at all.

Under our system of criminal justice, the accused does not only need to be guilty, but the state must be able to prove, beyond a shadow of doubt, that the accused is guilty.

That is NOT the statute.

It's beyond a REASONABLE doubt.

..and you're an idiot..your point? Just who is, "you people"? Those who are sane and have a working knowledge of the law? Intent matters..fool. But, being a fool, you no doubt get hung up on the racial overtones..and ignore practicality..and true..vs legal...justice.

Two brothers murdered two cops. So he claims he was innocent. But of course he didn’t turn his brother in either. He is a piece of shit who should had hanged for the crime.

Under our system of criminal justice, the accused does not only need to be guilty, but the state must be able to prove, beyond a shadow of doubt, that the accused is guilty. It is better that ten guilty men go free, then one innocent man be put in prison.

If all they have is a coerced confession, then the state has no proof at all.
Not beyond a shadow of doubt beyond a reasonable doubt, at least get your facts straight.

Was he an active participant in the crime? If so that is a capital sentence in most states when a cop is killed.

Forum List

Back