I've been thinking about a new wheel gun...and here it is.

Waiting to hear what Missourian has to say.

Love it! What beautiful revolvers S&W makes. Didn't know they re-released the 10mm...but now I want one.

Can't wait to hear the shooting report.

At first I wasn't sure about the moon clips needed for the easy release of the spent shells since the 10mm is an auto round.
But it's really nothing more than a speed loader. It comes with three moon clips and I bought ten more.
So thats 78 rounds I can preload before shooting and reloading is much faster.
Also bought the the tool from TK that makes removing the spent shells a breeze.
I really looked hard at the S&W Governor about 10 years ago. It took moon clips to shoot 45 ACP in the 45/410 cylinders. I did a good deal of research on it and folks really liked to moon clip set up.

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? The fella in the video was getting some impressive groupings from a broad spectrum of ammo.

It'll shoot either 10mm or .40 S&W.
We're fudging on the nomenclature again. It's the same thing as the AR-15 or M-16 rifle, which shoots either .223" Remington or 5.56mm NATO ammunition.

Not all .223's can shoot the .556.
The difference between the two is the neck spacing and the .556 is a little hotter. If you buy a .223 it can only shoot .223.
If you buy a .556 rifle it'll shoot either one.

Waiting to hear what Missourian has to say.

Love it! What beautiful revolvers S&W makes. Didn't know they re-released the 10mm...but now I want one.

Can't wait to hear the shooting report.

At first I wasn't sure about the moon clips needed for the easy release of the spent shells since the 10mm is an auto round.
But it's really nothing more than a speed loader. It comes with three moon clips and I bought ten more.
So thats 78 rounds I can preload before shooting and reloading is much faster.
Also bought the the tool from TK that makes removing the spent shells a breeze.
I really looked hard at the S&W Governor about 10 years ago. It took moon clips to shoot 45 ACP in the 45/410 cylinders. I did a good deal of research on it and folks really liked to moon clip set up.

Have you had a chance to shoot it yet? The fella in the video was getting some impressive groupings from a broad spectrum of ammo.

Haven't even seen the gun as of yet other than in pics.
I was shocked to be able to even find one. They're very hard to come by and Oak Hills Guns only had one in stock so I'm just happy I could get my hands on one.
Jerry Miculek has a video hitting out to 200 yards with it.

The grouping is impressive.

Fucking Pissed Off right now!!!!
I ordered the new S&W 610 from Oak Hills firearms and they sent me a notice that they received my order and they would notify me when it shipped.
I just received an email from them saying it was in error and they dont have any in stock.

After I'd already bought $450 bucks in ammo!!!!!

I'm pissed to say the least!
I have however managed to find another one.

I ordered the new S&W 610 from Oak Hills firearms and they sent me a notice that they received my order and they would notify me when it shipped.
I just received an email from them saying it was in error and they dont have any in stock.

That sucks.

Glad you found a replacement.

That sucks.

At this point I'm not gonna hold my breath.
Oak Hill sent me confirmation just like the new dealer did.
They charged me for it already and I sent my local gun shop the invoice so they can deal with the FFL laws.
Havent heard any bad news as of yet so I'm hoping it's a done deal.

That sucks.

I'm also looking forward to trying out the double action.
It appears to be very smooth unlike some double action revolvers.
My Buddy has a .357 Ruger and I cant hit shit with it through the double action because the trigger pull is so jerky. It's a tack driver in single action though.

That sucks.

My Buddy has a .357 Ruger and I cant hit shit with it through the double action because the trigger pull is so jerky. It's a tack driver in single action though.
I've never had much luck with double action revolvers...I only own one currently is a little snubby pocket gun.

But I've never owned an S&W revolver either.

We're fudging on the nomenclature again. It's the same thing as the AR-15 or M-16 rifle, which shoots either .223" Remington or 5.56mm NATO ammunition.

Wrong. 5.56 is loaded to a higher pressure. 5.56 can fire either, if your chambered for 223 forget 5.56. Do a search, it's gospel.

223 round fired through a 5.56 mm chamber will result in lower pressure than what is safe for the firearm and is therefore typically safe. However, a 5.56 mm round fired through a . 223 chamber will result in higher pressure than what is safe for the firearm and thus is not considered safe.

That sucks.

I've never had much luck with double action revolvers...I only own one currently is a little snubby pocket gun.

I rarely shoot through double action. My brother has a .357 S&W and it's relatively smooth,smoother than my Buddies Ruger for sure.
I wont be shooting it through the double action very often but I'd sure like to be able to hit with it that way.
I want this pistol for distance shooting mainly and of course that means cocking the hammer.
I gotta try some 100 yard plus shots with it.

That sucks.

Along with the ammo I ordered a shooting bench,it arrived today along with a pistol and rifle rest.
With my hip messing with me I figured it's the best way to be able to continue with my hobbie with the least amount of pain.
And who doesnt like to shoot from a bench rest? It lets you know if it's you or your firearm.

I have a "lead sled" for a shooting bench. Makes for quick accurate rifle sighting in :)

I ended up getting the Caldwell Stable Table.
1605217738038.png

With a pistol rest and a set of bag rests for rifles.

That sucks.

Aaaaand no joy...
Just got an email saying it's out of stock as well. :102:
I've found several more so the hunt continues.

The difference between the two is the neck spacing and the .556 is a little hotter. If you buy a .223 it can only shoot .223.

Which is why I bought an M&P15 in 5.56 today...

Which is why I bought an M&P15 in 5.56 today...

I wont buy a .223 for that very reason.
I love my Sig 5.56!!!! And if I cant find any 5.56 I can use .223 in a pinch.
C4A7267A-8853-430A-BFF6-3327B50F2B41_1_201_a.jpeg

Forum List

Back