I've asked recently; I wonder why that is?

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Reckon there might be at least a couple of answers here?

The Roots of Mass Incarceration

Excerpt: In March 1965, Johnson formally declared a “war on crime” and passed the Law Enforcement Act of 1965. That act created a new federal crime-control agency, the Office of Law Enforcement Assistance, to create training programs and surveillance techniques for police serving low-income urban areas. Block grants from the federal government fueled the programs while creating new relationships of centralized control. The bill helped Johnson take the issue out of the hands of conservatives, but it also served as a way to control the problems of the urban slums and ghettos.

The above is just one paragraph-

Like I said, I can remember when the police were called Peace Officers- now, Republicans, don't jump with joy because it was under a Democrat - it's a bipartisan effort-

As he ran for president in 1968, Richard Nixon told people they needed to vote for him “like your whole world depended on it” so that he could restore law and order. “I was cranking out that b——t on Nixon’s crime policy before he was elected. And it was b——t, too,” said White House counsel John Dean. “We knew it. The Nixon campaign didn’t call for anything about crime problems that Ramsey Clark wasn’t already doing under LBJ. We just made more noise.”

Yet, we allow the crazy to continue- Einstein is credited with saying; Crazy is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results- Democrat, Republican, Democrat, Republican, Democrat, Republican- they've morphed into Demopublican and Republicrats- and the problems still persist-

The prison system is an industry like any other. People who gain from it would not want it to shrink.

Personally, were it my call I'd release all those imprisoned for non-violent and "victimless" crimes and put them to work as their sentence.

These low level and victimless crimes should never get jail. Cane them or whip them. Not give them a few days of vacation.

Forum List

Back