It's time to take responsibility for what we did in Afghanistan

Donald H
1. they weren't losses
2. Vietnam was unwinnable
3. we killed bad guys and their LEADER during the Afghan war
4. Korea was also a win

The attempts to counterspin Biden's success are going to continue tediously for another few days at least.
It's not helpful that the staff has moved the topic of the war out of the 'politics' section. But it 'is' an indication of declining interest.
The Biden haters and whiners had better move on to something better than the evacuation effort which can stand as the greatest military effort to get troops and allies out in history.

If the losses at Dunkirk was considered a success, what if this one!
And not forgetting that Trump can claim credit for making the deal with the enemy! (if he dares?)
It's not helpful that the staff has moved the topic of the war out of the 'politics' section. But it 'is' an indication of declining interest.

We've had a Forum for Afghanistan for years, and it has been rarely used.

Most of what was moved there had NOTHING to do with politics.

Donald H
1. they weren't losses
Afghanistan is a huge strategic loss to the US. As with the Vietnam loss, China and Russia, America's perceived enemy will quickly capitalize.
2. Vietnam was unwinnable
Both Vietnam and Afghanistan were and are winnable without any need for bullets and bombs.
3. we killed bad guys and their LEADER during the Afghan war
To you it's as if the Taliban hasn't taken over their country.
4. Korea was also a win
It was another failed US attempt to take Korea out of China's sphere of influence. Were you not aware of the line that was never crossed?

We've had a Forum for Afghanistan for years, and it has been rarely used.

Most of what was moved there had NOTHING to do with politics.
Yes, I understand your point and you're technically correct.
And in reality most of what goes on has little to do with politics or anything else that's on-topic.

I just think that the interests of the forum would have been better served if at least one Afghanistan thread was allowed to remain in 'politics'.

There's so much more to be said on the topic of the war that could rise above the childish spamming and cheap shots being thrown back and forth. I feel it's a shame it had to be taken out of the limelight so to speak. Can the decision be reconsidered? Any and all of it could be considered as 'politics' if the spamming nonsense was eliminated. That's just my opinion, but I think it's widely supported.

Forum List

Back