It's Time To Hate White People Month Again

I get it Gadfly, you pity black folks

If you really see people as your equal, you will treat them as your equal.

Hey, did you know in America blacks could own property, own a business and vote long before Asians could?

No, you do not "get it". Obviously you do not understand the meaning of the word "empathy" (why am I not surprised?). Empathy is not "pity"; it's an attempt to recognize and understand the feelings of others whose life experiences may have been quite different from one's own. This often engenders respect and admiration, rather than "pity"; I happen to think that restraint in the face of violence and insult, and achievement in the face of obstacles deliberately placed in one's path by others, deserves both respect and admiration. I'll save the pity for those who are the truly victimized and downtrodden, for those still struggling in poverty and despair....and for you, with that cold, withered, unfeeling, hardened knot of a thing that serves you as a conscience and a soul. I'd rather trade places with the poorest of the poor, than exist in the cheerless, angry spiritual desert you seem to inhabit.

I just simply believe that all people should be treated equality and having a black history, black caucus, Miss black America, and so on is not equality.

Blacks in America are treated differently as children are to adults, and it's making things worse.

Hey, did you know in America blacks could own property, own a business and vote long before Asians could?

No, you do not "get it". Obviously you do not understand the meaning of the word "empathy" (why am I not surprised?). Empathy is not "pity"; it's an attempt to recognize and understand the feelings of others whose life experiences may have been quite different from one's own. This often engenders respect and admiration, rather than "pity"; I happen to think that restraint in the face of violence and insult, and achievement in the face of obstacles deliberately placed in one's path by others, deserves both respect and admiration. I'll save the pity for those who are the truly victimized and downtrodden, for those still struggling in poverty and despair....and for you, with that cold, withered, unfeeling, hardened knot of a thing that serves you as a conscience and a soul. I'd rather trade places with the poorest of the poor, than exist in the cheerless, angry spiritual desert you seem to inhabit.

The majority of the racism and disgust with the black community if today is fueled by the self proclaimed title of a "victim" that so many blacks carry. Sure slavery was a bad thing but nobody alive today is suffering physically, mentally, or emotionally because of it. The beauty of history is that you can learn from it and from there work to make things better. The call for reparations and compensation from offenses that took place prior to 1865 is ridiculous.

There have been multiple attempts to provide blacks with opportunities to advance themselves but they have been their own worst enemy. From the enactment of the 14th amendment, repeal of Jim Crow laws, civil rights movement, affirmative action, and over $200 million in grants and scholarships for blacks only. Sure it doesn't erase the past but it does give blacks the vehicles or mediums to improve their lives.

However, this has had little impact mainly because of the home environment. The continuous outcry for more and more entitlements and the celebration of getting that "Obama money" doesn't help race relations. Blacks make up 12.4% of the U.S. population but are over 60% of the U.S. prison population. Also 67% of black children grow up in a single parent home generally void of a male figure. How about that despite all of the money available for secondary education that only 25% of black males that get into college actually graduate and 42% of black females graduate.

Personal responsibility is the name of the game. Blacks need to take action to improve their own lives and stop blaming others. Quit criticizing the system when their aren't even enough people trying to take advantage of the opportunities already provided. People get tired of listening to the victim speech. Blacks need to denounce people like Al Sharpton because he uses racism to make a living. They need to respect people like Bill Cosby who challenged black men to step up and fulfill their responsibilities.

Blacks can sit around, keep collecting their entitlement checks, and play the role of the victim. But in the even they haven't realized the U.S. and the world are not going to stop moving and wait for them. Black community leaders and especially parents need to step up and teach them that life can improve. But we all know that isn't going to happen the same destructive cycles will continue. I think it is so much more commendable when a black male or female comes from nothing an becomes something like a doctor or lawyer, as opposed to a white who comes from a middle to upper class family and accomplishes the same thing. The black male or female who accomplishes that sort of status will appreciate what they have and know the value of hard work. There have been enough examples of blacks doing this to show that the system and advantages work. The excuses are running out.

What a POV you have, mudwhistle. For starters, I like history very much and I approve of any effort to teach it. I think most schools neglect to teach the history of the poor, no matter what race, and so it is also a window on that many students do not usually get. Yes, the story of black Americans' struggle for civil rights is in part the story of evil committed by some whites -- but it is also the story of great courage and respect on the part of other whites. The story of black Americans is not an exclusively black story.

The struggle for civil rights in this country is so recent, I lived through most of the significant events. Could we cherish our nation's ability to correct evils of the past for mebbe just a wee while longer before we commence to pretending none of that matters anymore?

As for race relations getting worse in the past two years....what are you basing that claim on?

Actor Morgan Freeman disagrees with Black history month:

Morgan Freeman asks the question "you are gonna relegate my history to one month, which month is white history month"? This in an interview with Mike Wallace. Wallace then states he is Jewish so Freeman then asks "when is Jewish history month". Wallace states "there is not one". Wallace then asks what do we do about racism and Freeman states "stop talking about it". He tells Wallace he will stop referring to him as a "white man" and Wallace should stop referring to him as a "black man".
For all the talk about wanting to just be treated as equals, African Americans seem to want to separate themselves more and more.
http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/morgan_freeman_isnt_a_fan_of_black_history_month

What a POV you have, mudwhistle. For starters, I like history very much and I approve of any effort to teach it. I think most schools neglect to teach the history of the poor, no matter what race, and so it is also a window on that many students do not usually get. Yes, the story of black Americans' struggle for civil rights is in part the story of evil committed by some whites -- but it is also the story of great courage and respect on the part of other whites. The story of black Americans is not an exclusively black story.

The struggle for civil rights in this country is so recent, I lived through most of the significant events. Could we cherish our nation's ability to correct evils of the past for mebbe just a wee while longer before we commence to pretending none of that matters anymore?

As for race relations getting worse in the past two years....what are you basing that claim on?

Actor Morgan Freeman disagrees with Black history month:

Morgan Freeman asks the question "you are gonna relegate my history to one month, which month is white history month"? This in an interview with Mike Wallace. Wallace then states he is Jewish so Freeman then asks "when is Jewish history month". Wallace states "there is not one". Wallace then asks what do we do about racism and Freeman states "stop talking about it". He tells Wallace he will stop referring to him as a "white man" and Wallace should stop referring to him as a "black man".
For all the talk about wanting to just be treated as equals, African Americans seem to want to separate themselves more and more.
http://www.thatvideosite.com/video/morgan_freeman_isnt_a_fan_of_black_history_month

Mr. Freeman is entitled to his opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

The majority of the racism and disgust with the black community if today is fueled by the self proclaimed title of a "victim" that so many blacks carry. Sure slavery was a bad thing but nobody alive today is suffering physically, mentally, or emotionally because of it. The beauty of history is that you can learn from it and from there work to make things better. The call for reparations and compensation from offenses that took place prior to 1865 is ridiculous.

There have been multiple attempts to provide blacks with opportunities to advance themselves but they have been their own worst enemy. From the enactment of the 14th amendment, repeal of Jim Crow laws, civil rights movement, affirmative action, and over $200 million in grants and scholarships for blacks only. Sure it doesn't erase the past but it does give blacks the vehicles or mediums to improve their lives.

However, this has had little impact mainly because of the home environment. The continuous outcry for more and more entitlements and the celebration of getting that "Obama money" doesn't help race relations. Blacks make up 12.4% of the U.S. population but are over 60% of the U.S. prison population. Also 67% of black children grow up in a single parent home generally void of a male figure. How about that despite all of the money available for secondary education that only 25% of black males that get into college actually graduate and 42% of black females graduate.

Personal responsibility is the name of the game. Blacks need to take action to improve their own lives and stop blaming others. Quit criticizing the system when their aren't even enough people trying to take advantage of the opportunities already provided. People get tired of listening to the victim speech. Blacks need to denounce people like Al Sharpton because he uses racism to make a living. They need to respect people like Bill Cosby who challenged black men to step up and fulfill their responsibilities.

Blacks can sit around, keep collecting their entitlement checks, and play the role of the victim. But in the even they haven't realized the U.S. and the world are not going to stop moving and wait for them. Black community leaders and especially parents need to step up and teach them that life can improve. But we all know that isn't going to happen the same destructive cycles will continue. I think it is so much more commendable when a black male or female comes from nothing an becomes something like a doctor or lawyer, as opposed to a white who comes from a middle to upper class family and accomplishes the same thing. The black male or female who accomplishes that sort of status will appreciate what they have and know the value of hard work. There have been enough examples of blacks doing this to show that the system and advantages work. The excuses are running out.

Assuming I concede any of this tripe, WTF does this have to do with Black History Month?

Last edited:
"Assuming I concede any of this tripe, WTF does this have to do with Black History Month"

Nothing at all, Madeline; it's the same old thing. Pass the buck, and pass the blame, A/K/A "Whatever the problem is, it certainly can't be MY fault!"

"Assuming I concede any of this tripe, WTF does this have to do with Black History Month"

Nothing at all, Madeline; it's the same old thing. Pass the buck, and pass the blame, A/K/A "Whatever the problem is, it certainly can't be MY fault!"

I dun get people who blame blacks for their (perceived) lack of accomplishment, and then bitch about teaching our kids that some blacks have accomplished almost-miraculous things.

Which is it?

White guilt is the most pathetic, tired, worn-out excuse I have ever heard.

Jews suffered continued, heavy discrimination in Europe for the last 2000 years. From forced conversions to ghettos, pogroms and genocide they faced just about every kind of violence and abuse you can think of. Yet they never failed to be among the most successful and prominent bankers, king counselors, scientists, you name it.

Hell... after being almost exterminated, European Jewry did not wallow in self pity for a second they built one of the most successful, technologically advanced nation-state the world has ever seen (racist to the bone but this is a whole different story :cool:).

José;3330511 said:
White guilt is the most pathetic, tired, worn-out excuse I have ever heard.

Jews suffered continued, heavy discrimination in Europe for the last 2000 years. From forced conversions to ghettos, pogroms and genocide they faced just about every kind of violence and abuse you can think of. Yet they never failed to be among the most successful and prominent bankers, king counselors, scientists, you name it.

Hell... after being almost exterminated, European Jewry did not wallow in self pity for a second they built one of the most successful, technologically advanced nation-state the world has ever seen (racist to the bone but this is a whole different story :cool:).

This from the guy who believes it is unreasonable to expect that Mexico will ever be a functional nation? Is "white guilt" only to be applied to Hispanics, Jose'?

Originally posted by Madeline
This from the guy who believes it is unreasonable to expect that Mexico will ever be a functional nation? Is "white guilt" only to be applied to Hispanics, Jose'?

Maddie,

I just said it is unreasonable for America to link its immigration policies to Mexico's economic growth.

Your proposal speaks volumes about your compassion towards people outside US borders and CAN'T BE PRAISED ENOUGH specially on a Message Board full of shitheads and psychopaths who talk OPENLY about shooting illegal immigrants in COLD BLOOD. I just dealt with one of them today named jckryan. tsk, tsk, tsk.

But whether Mexico will become a developed country or not this will certainly be a long-term process (decades, at least) so trying to stop illegal immigration this way is just a code word for doing nothing and allow the US to become a mexican baloon.

OK now before we manage to completely derail mudwhistle's thread talking about Mexico let me ask you something:

Have I ever blamed white people for poverty among chicanos and other hispanics?

José;3330525 said:
Originally posted by Madeline

Maddie,

I just said it is unreasonable for America to link its immigration policies to Mexico's economic growth.

Your proposal speaks volumes about your compassion towards people outside US borders and CAN'T BE PRAISED ENOUGH specially on a Message Board full of shitheads and psychopaths who talk OPENLY about shooting illegal immigrants in COLD BLOOD. I just dealt with one of them today named jckryan. tsk, tsk, tsk.

But whether Mexico will become a developed country or not this will certainly be a long-term process (decades, at least) so trying to stop illegal immigration this way is just a code word for doing nothing and allow the US to become a mexican baloon.

OK now before we manage to completely derail mudwhistle's thread talking about Mexico let me ask you something:

Have I ever blamed white people for poverty among chicanos and other hispanics?

Kinda sorta. Seems you view all of the Mexican elite as "white", and we all know they are blame-worthy.

Me, I just view them as Mexican.

This man is the pure definition of class....... intelligent, talented and knows exactly who he is and embraces it.......... a role model in the truest sense. Oh and he played GOD better than anyone else has...... ever!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeixtYS-P3s[/ame]

Forum List

Back