It's just not the same!!!

JOKER96BRAVO

Aug 13, 2004
Fellow gamers (what few are on here).
It saddens me to see what is happening to the game industry.
What am I talking about??? I speak of this online play system.
I’ve noticed over the past few months that the leading industry in
the game world (X box) is pushing the online play issue past
my point of comfort. Some of the major game titles this year
have been fun to play on an independent system, yet they lack
the quality games used to have. They all seemed to be leaning
towards the online play system. Don’t get me wrong, $50 a year
for a online subscription isn’t entirely too much, but I like the
face to face competition a lot better. I don’t think I should have to pay
for the game every year I want to play it. Some of the major titles this
year Final Fantasy, Halo 2, Star Wars Battlefront have centered maximum
enjoyment around this system. What’s next, Grand Theft Auto???
I don’t like it…. Just thought I’d let ya know!

I tend to agree. I like online games as much as the next man, but I typically only play one or two at the time. Right now, it's Call of Duty and Dark Age of Camelot. When better ones come along, I may switch out, but when a game shuffles out a crappy single player and then pushes the multiplay out to its extremes, it irritates me. What happened to plot? You can't have that much plot in an online game. This is why I appreciate the KOTORs, Neverwinter Nights', and Half-Lifes of this day and age, because they still understand the CINEMATIC value of games. Heck, some games now are as fun to watch as to play, and I find myself playing them not to p\/\/|\| 73|-| |\|00|3$ (pwn teh noobs, an online term referring to utter humiliation of those who aren't as good as you), but to see what happens next in the plot. Come on, give us our interactive movies back.

Get used to it, because it's will soon be the norm. Before long every sports game and first person shooter will be online compatible, or no one will buy them. Fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken will all be online. There will be co-operative online RPG's. There are already MMORPG's and just about any RTS for the computer has online capability. You can play Microsoft's combat flight simulators online.

On-line play is the future.

Online games - or ONLY Online are retarded. It's a HUGE cash-cow for the gaming industry because the minions are eating it up.

Why NOT make millions, and only make games ppl have to PAY own, then PAY every time they want to play?

Zhukov said:
Get used to it, because it's will soon be the norm. Before long every sports game and first person shooter will be online compatible, or no one will buy them. Fighting games like Street Fighter and Tekken will all be online. There will be co-operative online RPG's. There are already MMORPG's and just about any RTS for the computer has online capability. You can play Microsoft's combat flight simulators online.

On-line play is the future.

I'm not talking online *compatible.* I love online play. I'm subscribed to Dark Age of Camelot. What bugs me is when the game has a single player and a multiplayer, but the single player was rushed and unpolished and in general, sucks, because they spent so much time tweaking the multiplay that they couldn't make their release date. Return to Castle Wolfenstein comes to mind, as it was seen as a really cool online game with this single player mode as sort of a bonus. Then there are all the games that are crappy online, too, like Star Wars: Galaxies, Anarchy Online, and a few others.

-=d=- said:
Online games - or ONLY Online are retarded. It's a HUGE cash-cow for the gaming industry because the minions are eating it up.

Why NOT make millions, and only make games ppl have to PAY own, then PAY every time they want to play?
WOW! it took me like a whole paragraph to say that.

all valid points..
Yes I know it's the future, I just don't like it.
So many games sacrifice SP quality for onlie play, not fair.
STUPID DEVELOPERS!!!!!!!!

The most recent MMO I have tried is Star Wars Galaxies. Because I like SW.

That game made me hate Star Wars. It's EverQuest in space. It consists of wookies and the like using internet jargon ("I R teh uber l33t!". Don't even get me started.) and spending hours upon hours mindless killing big lizards to get exp so you can get more abilities to kill bigger lizards and get more exp, etc. And occasionally you will be killed by a Giant Space Bunny or a half-foot tall "baz-nitch".

And people pay $50 up front and $10 a month for this. It confuses me.

You know the music industry is going to crap.

Wonder how long it will take for them to figure this out.

STOP TELLING US WHAT WE WANT!!!!!!!!!!

Ohh and to all the idiots out their supporting them, stop that shit too!

theim said:
The most recent MMO I have tried is Star Wars Galaxies. Because I like SW.

That game made me hate Star Wars. It's EverQuest in space. It consists of wookies and the like using internet jargon ("I R teh uber l33t!". Don't even get me started.) and spending hours upon hours mindless killing big lizards to get exp so you can get more abilities to kill bigger lizards and get more exp, etc. And occasionally you will be killed by a Giant Space Bunny or a half-foot tall "baz-nitch".

And people pay $50 up front and $10 a month for this. It confuses me.

Bought it. Played the free trial. Never touched it again. I like Dark Age of Camelot. The encouraged grouping and realm war give the game variety, and they're always adding new content.

Forum List

Back