'It's about time' says Wes Studi: the first Native American man to win an Oscar

And no one really understands why some people get them and others do not. 100% subjective bullshit, hence the ratings have been down every year. You're welcome, Julio.
Ratings are down for every sort of self congratulatory virtue signaling fest there is. People are sick of them. That's been documented.

I believe the vast majority of Oscar winners were native Americans. Born and lived in America. Native Americans. Like me.
You do know there is a difference between Native American and Indigenous Native American, right?
Apparently you don’t.

I am an Indigenous Native American, dumbass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then why did you refer to Studi as a native American and not stipulate indigenous, dumber ass?

I believe the vast majority of Oscar winners were native Americans. Born and lived in America. Native Americans. Like me.
I agree. I was also "born here".

Without a functioning brain, it seems.

Conservatives are stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What’s so conservative about pointing out Marxist language-hijacking?
Native American was one of the first.

way overdue....??!!
.....the TOTAL NA population is about 2%.....what's the population of NA actors...??!!! .1%...???

Actor and producer Wes Studi received a standing ovation last night in Hollywood, as he made history by accepting his first Oscar award.

The Dances With Wolves star became the first indigenous Native American actor to receive an Academy Award, as he was feted with an honorary gold statuette at the annual Governors Awards in LA.

Studi, 71, was one of four film veterans celebrated on the night, alongside David Lynch. Geena Davis and Lina Wertmuller, for their contributions to cinema.

The Last Of The Mohicans actor also made sure to pay tribute to his heritage on the night, noting that Native Americans have been under-represented in Hollywood.

"I'd simply like to say, it’s about time," Studi said on stage to rapturous applause. "It's been a wild and wonderful ride, and I'm really proud to be here tonight as the first indigenous Native American to receive an Academy Award. It's a humbling honour to receive an award for something I love to do."

The actor, who served in the US Army in Vietnam before turning to cinema, is also known for his roles in Geronimo: An American Legend, The New World and Avatar, in which he voiced the chieftain of a Na'vi tribe.

Way overdue. Congratulations Wes. You earned it.

'It's about time' says Wes Studi: the first Native American man to win an Oscar
He’s a good actor

His Last of the Mohicans role was excellent
I like him playing Lt. Joe Leaphorn too.

He's special.

iu

Forum List

Back