It's a shame we can't watch TV in 2014 without seeing commercials about

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
CANCER, DIABETES, and HEART DISEASE.

Who the hell wants to see those depressing commercials while they are in the process of watch one fo their shows? What happened to commercials about cookies, veggies, plastic ware, and detergent?

Just sickening to see these commercials over and over again.

Yes, but a modern cookie commercial would have to use disclaimers that some customers suffered adverse results from eating said cookies. Obese and diabetic patients should limit their cookie intake and report any problems to their doctor.

Yes, but a modern cookie commercial would have to use disclaimers that some customers suffered adverse results from eating said cookies. Obese and diabetic patients should limit their cookie intake and report any problems to their doctor.

Medical commercials are depressing

Uh - check your demographics. We're an aging populace. That's why the ads are what they are now, and also why they were what they were then. Not rocket surgery.

Oh but then there are lawyer commericals...

Did you eat cookies and gain excessive weight? The US government has established a settlement fund for those who suffer. Please contact Wee, Cheatem and Howe PLC.

I agree. And these;

• Condoms
  • Tampons
  • New cars we can't afford
  • Exotic locations we can't visit
  • African kids with flies in their eyes
  • That 6 $Mil condo over-looking the Bay
  • Fritos
  • Cheetos
  • Cheezies
  • Miley Cyrus's next concert
  • Stool Softener
  • Stool Hardener
  • The next "Survivor" series

Uh - check your demographics. We're an aging populace. That's why the ads are what they are now, and also why they were what they were then. Not rocket surgery.

The last commercial I want to see is a cancer commercial since he cancer center does not save everyone.

I agree. And these;

• Condoms
  • Tampons
  • New cars we can't afford
  • Exotic locations we can't visit
  • African kids with flies in their eyes
  • That 6 $Mil condo over-looking the Bay
  • Fritos
  • Cheetos
  • Cheezies
  • Miley Cyrus's next concert
  • Stool Softener
  • Stool Hardener
  • The next "Survivor" series

Football Sunday is the only day I don't watch medical commercials

Who the hell wants to see those depressing commercials while they are in the process of watch one fo their shows? What happened to commercials about cookies, veggies, plastic ware, and detergent?

I'm straining my brain to remember ever seeing a commercial for veggies...

Maybe because you are not old enough

So you can't either. See what I mean?

V-8 commercials are on all the time. Bonk!

They were on all the time in the 80's. Maybe you were born in 1991?

V-8 commercials are on all the time. Bonk!

That's not a vegetable.

The thing about TV advertising -- it only exists to convince us to buy stuff we don't need. When it's something we do need, it doesn't need to be advertised. That, and profitability of course; the stupor market certainly sells veggies but they're not profitable like processed foods are. So while the grocery may run a sale on yams, we'll never hear it on TV -- we'll get a relentless barrage about frozen foods and instant microwaveable crap.

They were on all the time in the 80's. Maybe you were born in 1991?

:lol: By then I already had grey hair.

Contents of V-8:

What Vegetable Juices are included in V8® 100% Vegetable Juice?
V8® 100% Vegetable Juice contains the juices of tomatoes, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach.

V8 - FAQ V8 100 Vegetable Juice

Contents of V-8:

What Vegetable Juices are included in V8® 100% Vegetable Juice?
V8® 100% Vegetable Juice contains the juices of tomatoes, carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach.

V8 - FAQ V8 100 Vegetable Juice

Perfect illustration. Note that their own question (that they set up) doesn't say "what are the ingredients"; rather it's loaded to highlight what they want to sell - "Golly, what sparkling samples fresh-from-the-garden nature's bounty can I get in the convenience of a stainless steel can without suffering through the horrible trauma of having to actually store and cut up a tomato and then keep in the fridge until I forget I bought it and have to throw it away, mister Campbell's?" That way they don't have to lead off with the truth of "water" and "reconstituted" liquefied chemically preserved ex-vegetables.

Tomatoes carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress and spinach are vegetables. V-8 is a processed food product.

Forum List

Back